1.    #1  
    OK, having had backupman save my bacon NUMEROUS times in the past on past palms I needed it on my 700p....but have lost my reg number and can't get it as I don't have my order number or email I used to get version 2 (I have version 1 info, but to no avail...uggh).

Anyway, nvbackup is free so I want to give it a shot...why not, right? But for comfort sakes I think I will buy backupman again, or maybe resco. Is there a problem with running more than one backup program, as long as you of course don't have both of them set to go off at the same time? ;-)
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Just use NVbackup. Backupman will not restore java. I have used both, and now only use NVBackup for just that reason. However, I had no issues running both applications until i was confident Nvbackup was better then backupman.
    Last edited by ink883; 05/01/2007 at 10:39 PM.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, I would like to do that (just use NVbackup) but man, the warnings they have in the readme make you wonder!!! ;-)
    I run NVBackup, BackupBuddy and Backup.net without any problems. I found that NVBackup was not able to completely restore GoodLink. Backup.net saved me when I lost the backup card and had to do a hard reset. None of them conflict with each other.
    I use NVBackup everyday and BackupMan every Sunday. No issues with either.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!