1.    #1  
    Not sure if it is just me, or is everyone having this problem..
    It seems like almost half of the times I hit the "get" button on my Gmail account, it either locks up trying to "get" my e-mails, or it comes back with some server error message.
    I switched it over to just get the "subject" hoping that it might speed things up, I thought maybe my e-mails were too large, and that was the problem. But tonight, it just refuses to let me in.
    Anyone else having problems with Gmail? if so,,, is there a "fix" for it?

When I was ready to get my 680, I had sent a note out to everyone in my address book, telling them to start using my Gmail account exclusively, I'm regretting that now, my Yahoo, AOL, and Exchange accounts work great, no problems there at all, but Gmail sure is giving me fits!!

Any ideas??
    Yeah...I have the same issues with a new gmail account I have on my Treo for some personal communication. I sometimes get the "freezes" too...but I also get that with my other Mediacom personal email too LOL!! So...I can only think it might be a "VersaFail" issue and not a gmail or other server issue. I don't know...

It is frustrating...and with me having to remove my Seidio rubberized case now to get at the battery for a reset...it is twice the aggro-factor. But...I like the case...so it balances out.
    Crimson Treo 680 (given up for adoption)
    BlackBerry 9000 Bold - Main
    Palm Centro - Secondary
  3.    #3  
    Gmail is the only account that I have the problems with, I have 3 others, and they all work fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by ILBandit View Post
    Gmail is the only account that I have the problems with, I have 3 others, and they all work fine.
    Hmmm...maybe I have more issues than you do! LOL
    Palm Centro - Secondary
    This might be an obvious (and probably dumb) question, but i'll ask it anyway...just in case. Are you using the right ports for the pop/smtp access? I know gmail uses specific ones. Before I was forwarding my gmail to an exchange server, I would use the 'get' option. I never had an issue with receiving gmails.
    Follow Me On

Don't know about ILBandit...but mine are both setup properly. And, the freezing is only now and then...not a regular issue. So, of that is the only stability problem I face on anywhere near a regular basis...I'm satisfied.
    Palm Centro - Secondary
    Mine only ever allows me to get one message at a time via Versamail on my 680. I've tried turning POP access off and back on several times through the website, to no avail.
    why don't you download the gmail app and use that or try another email client such as chatter. It would eliminate the possibility that the problem is Versamail.

I have 2 gmail accounts without any problems using chatter and the gmail app.
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    i had no problems getting my mail "every 15min, 30min" on my Blackjack. Is this gonna be a problem on the treo 680? I dont remember how versamail worked when i had this phone when it came out. I am switching back to the 680 this week. any input??

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    i have problems on versamail when i use it. i rarely have problems with snappermail. it is rock solid.
    morris stalk
    I had this GMail problem a few days ago. It seems their server is having difficulty recognizing passwords.

I went into GMail from the html link and set a new password. Then went into settings/forwarding and pop and made sure the pop setting was still enabled.

Then went into VersaMail on the Treo and set my new GMail password.

GMail is working again on the Treo.

All this was done on Treo.

Sounds like Chatter is the way to go then?
    Quote Originally Posted by dividends View Post
    Sounds like Chatter is the way to go then?
    Lets put it this way, Palm recently bought the company (The programmer now is employed by Palm) So you decide.....

I also get my 2 gmail accounts every 15 minutes without incident.
  14.    #14  
    I deleted the gmail account completely,(on my treo) then set it back up again, and it seems to work fine again. Not sure what happened, maybe some settings got messed up.
    Has worked fine for the last 2 days, so we'll see if it sticks.

Hopefully it will work OK now, it was getting old having to do a soft reset every time I attempted to get my Gmail.
    I deleted the gmail account completely,(on my treo) then set it back up again, and it seems to work fine again. Not sure what happened, maybe some settings got messed up.
    Has worked fine for the last 2 days, so we'll see if it sticks.

Hopefully it will work OK now, it was getting old having to do a soft reset every time I attempted to get my Gmail.
    Do you use Blazer or a mail program like Versamail or Chatter to access GMail?
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by charcape7 View Post
    Do you use Blazer or a mail program like Versamail or Chatter to access GMail?
    I'm using the stock versamail on the treo, I have 4 accounts set up on it, Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, and my work's exchange system.
    how about gmail java application
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by esatyawan View Post
    how about gmail java application
    I thought about that, I had it on my Razr, worked very nicely, I went to the site to download it, and it said it wasn't compatible with my treo.
    I assume I need a Java app. on the treo for it to work. Are the Java apps for treos free anywhere? I thought I had read somewhere that they use up a ton of memory, so I have never really looked much at them.
    I'm using the stock versamail on the treo, I have 4 accounts set up on it, Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, and my work's exchange system.
    My setup too...with two less accounts. But, that will change today when I add my corporate account. We'll see how VersaFail handles the added load...

I still have the occasional freezing issues with both my personal email accounts and my Gmail one when I try to manually "get" my mail...but it is only occasional, so I'm not going to throw my Treo off a bridge or anything. It is frustrating though...
    Palm Centro - Secondary