Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    When I try to put a number into a cell in Sheet to Go ver 8.001 (148), it defaults to alphabet characters rather than numeric.
    If I double click the black button (number lock) and enter a number with a decimal point, the number lock is cancelled after the decimal point.
    So to enter a dollar amount (for example $87.50) I have to:

* Double click black button
    * Press the "8" key, then the "7" key
    * Press the decimal point key
    * Press the "5" key, then the "0" key

If know I can select all for the column and format the cells to fixed format with two decimal points and then the number lock doesn't get cancelled, but this is a PITA to have to select all the columns and format each one individually (some columns have dates and others are text entry, so each column would get formatted separately).
    Is there a way to have the number lock not treat the decimal point as number lock cancel?
    Is there a way to default to numbers globally for all spreadsheets?
    Is there a way to have the cells 'learn' from the adjoining cells, like it does in Excel.
    I am not sure if this matters (and I don't understand the difference), but I am saving it in Sheet to Go formatting (not Excel). Would that matter?
    I don't recall, but I believe the version of Sheet to Go I had on my m500 didn't have this problem.
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Keycaps man install keycaps.
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by e2chris View Post
    Keycaps man install keycaps.
    Is this the one?
    http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-22.html
    It says 600 and 650, but not 700
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    search the forum for keycaps700 there is one here somewhere. the old one works also... one installs into Prefs and one I seen stays in apps. Believe me it makes typing much easier. Hold for capitol and dbl click for spcl character ex...:'"@"!)(
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Haroldo,
    How do you select the Cell in which you want to enter data? I have a strange problem with the same version of Sheets to go.

I have one spreed sheet I use to track gas mileage. I find that if I use the 5 way to navigate to a cell, or the stylus to select the cell, the num lock always shuts off after the first digit... but decimal points have no effect. So from your example above to enter 87.50 in cell G33 I would have to :

* Select G33 with stylus/navigation
    * Press the "8" key
    * then the "7" key
    * Press the decimal point key
    * Press the "5" key, then the "0" key

Now I found a work around which MAY work for you. After you select the cell on the "main spreadsheet screen" I find that if I use my stylus to "select" or "tap" on the actually text entry box below the main screen (next to red X) that the num lock will hold for the whole entry. So in this case I can:

* Select G33 with stylus/navigation
    * Select text entry box next to red X (Stylus, finger,..)
    * Press the "8" key, then 7 key, then decimal point, the 5 key and finally 0

I don't know why unless you specifically "select" the text entry box the num lock shuts off.... maybe its a feature like cap lock for only the first letter?

Now I have a side question... does any one know how to make sheets to go default to numbers instead of letters for a whole spread sheet (or at least columns)? In my case again I have the spread sheet setup so I only need to enter numbers for miles, gallons, cost,.... If I didn't have to keep selecting num lock all the time I might actually be able to finish entering the data before the tank filled up (only takes ~10 gallons so its quick).

Hopefully I explained what I do clearly. Good luck
    JM
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmarako View Post
    Now I have a side question... does any one know how to make sheets to go default to numbers instead of letters for a whole spread sheet (or at least columns)? In my case again I have the spread sheet setup so I only need to enter numbers for miles, gallons, cost,.... If I didn't have to keep selecting num lock all the time I might actually be able to finish entering the data before the tank filled up (only takes ~10 gallons so its quick)
    lol, I mainly use sheet-to-go for the same reason I record my mileage, fuel, etc while filling up my tank. I would love for it to default to the number format.

P.S. Mine does the same thing with the shift-lock. it gets cancelled after typing the first digit. if I type the first digit then shift-lock, it will stay locked after that. It only happens in sheets-to-go, the other docs-to-go apps work fine.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I installed keycaps and can't seem to find a good explanation of how it works. How do I get it to keep numerics after the decimal?
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmarako View Post
    Now I found a work around which MAY work for you. After you select the cell on the "main spreadsheet screen" I find that if I use my stylus to "select" or "tap" on the actually text entry box below the main screen (next to red X) that the num lock will hold for the whole entry...
    I did this and it worked.
    I also found another work around.
    When you enter a cell (even if you don't type in the text entry field next to the red x) and activate number lock (NL) (double click the black button), it turns off after the first character. However, if you press NL again, it stays activated (it wasn't the decimal that killed NL, it only works the second time you activate it).
    So to type 87.50, you need to:
    press NL
    type 8
    press NL
    type 7.50

... does any one know how to make sheets to go default to numbers instead of letters for a whole spread sheet
    Haven't done this, but did you try creating a spreadsheet in Excel, select all the cells and choose the formatting you desire and then hot sync. Again, I didn't try this but it's just a guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by haroldo View Post
    I installed keycaps and can't seem to find a good explanation of how it works. How do I get it to keep numerics after the decimal?
    Still haven't found a write up on how to use keycaps600, can anyone point me to one, thanks!