1.    #1  
    I have an "unlocked" 680, and have been more than happy with it. However, when I hold the red key to the phone on or off I get a red splash screen that says "Rogers."

Rogers is not my carrier, and I was just wondering if there was any way possible to change that splash screen with a picture of my choosing when I turn the phone on or off. Thanks for any help, and if it's not possible I'll just live with it.
    The only thing I know of is Skinner for the 680 (and there's a 33% discount if you buy it by tomorrow). There are a whole bunch of splash screens to choose from and they all have worked flawlessly on my 680, as have the dialpad skins.

http://skinner.79bmedia.com/index.php?treo=680
    Skinner is a great program... I would definitely recommend giving it a try. You can also change the skin of the phone dialer, and there are many skins/splashes to choose from.

I like the 10.5 Leopard Splash with the Bishop2 skin.
    The Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #100 - "Never begin a business negotiation on an empty stomach."

Take over my T-Mobile 12 month Contract - 12 months left, $39.99, free phones, and $40 credit

http://discussion.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=136424
    If you install filez and look at the internal memory of your Treo 680, you will see two files:

__sysPowerOffSplash-PmTU
    __sysPowerOnSplash-PmTU

I am guessing these are the phone splashscreen images but I have no idea what format they are in.
  5.    #5  
    Ok, I downloaded the trial, and it skins the phone app just fine, but does not change the splash screen. anyone else had this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by spygrad2003 View Post
    Ok, I downloaded the trial, and it skins the phone app just fine, but does not change the splash screen. anyone else had this problem?
    I realize this may be a stupid question, but did you make sure to download the splash(es) you wanted, then select the splash you want in Skinner (and, of course, Skinner is enabled right -- I assume the answer to this last question must be yes, because you said the dialpad skins are working fine)?
  7.    #7  
    I didn't exactly have the splash screen I wanted, but used one that came packaged with the download, and yes it is activated. Not sure why one works but not the other...
    You can download any of the splashes on the Skinner website for the 680 (I have ten of the splashes on my phone, and I switch between them from time to time), and I don't necessarily match the splash to the dialpad skin I'm using. And by the way, your post implied that you got both the splash and the dialpad skin with one download -- I could be wrong, but I've downloaded the skins and splashes separately each time. I didn't think they were "bundled." Just for grins, open Skinner and tell me what it says next to "Skin" and next to "Splashes."

One more thing, have you tried selecting a splash in Skinner, then doing a soft reset, then trying it to see if it works? You shouldn't have to do this, but it's worth a try.
  9.    #9  
    When I open skinner, "Enabled" is checked (obviously)

Ths skin I have is the original, I tried the others but didn't really care for them.

The spash is "HAL." I was always fond of that little red "eye," and it came with the download, so I just used that one.

However, if I choose I different skin they work fine, splash does not.

I tried enabling skinner and soft resetting, but didn't do anything
    I'm fresh out of ideas -- sorry I couldn't help. You might try contacting support at 79bmedia dot com to see if they can help.
  11.    #11  
    I e-mailed 70bmedia, but have not heard back from them yet. hopefully soon.
    Is there a way to change the splash screens without using Skinner? I hardly use the built-in phone app as I use DialByPhoto.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    There were Splash Screens available for the 600 and the 650 that didn't need an app to use. I haven't seen any for the 680, yet...