View Poll Results: I'd first and foremost like to see an arcade sports title for...

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • baseball

7 33.33%
  • basketball

2 9.52%
  • pro football

2 9.52%
  • hockey

2 9.52%
  • football (soccer)

2 9.52%
  • other (please specify in post)

0 0%
  • nope. prefer simulations (strategies and/or scoring)

3 14.29%
  • ugh sports? (or games?)...gimme a break! yuck!

2 9.52%
  • all sports! gimme the olympics!

1 4.76%
  1.    #1  
    OK ZioGolf is cool and TigerWoods is OK...
    but in the immortal words of Hank Williams Jr.

"ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?!"

.. or any other pro sport arcade styles?

I'm hoping to see apps similar to Tecmo Superbowl, Baseball Stars, NBA Jam TE or even Magic vs. Bird.(or whatever.) Perhaps even the earliest EA hockey titles (with current player DBs.)

Thanks to digital fiction (race fever) and tomtom (v-rally) for the Auto action!

It's time for the EAsports of PalmOS developers to step up to the plate (so to speak.) I am hoping to see more from EA considering they did contribute to the TigerWoods app. Will we have to wait for Sega?

What about the athletes? As an example.. why not 'Anna Kournikova Tennis' for PalmOS? Intermission screen shots etc.? There are so many possibilities. I'll have to try 3D tennis again for a temporary fix.

Gentlemen (and women) start your engines!
    There are so many opportunities!
    "The Greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance -- it is the illusion of knowledge." -- Daniel Borstin
  2. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Actually, astraware does have a silly little freethrow-shooting game called 'Jam!' It's more entertaining and challenging than you would expect, and you can play it one handed, too.
    Originally posted by mrknowitall
    OK ZioGolf is cool and TigerWoods is OK...
    but in the immortal words of Hank Williams Jr.

"ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?!"

WHAT!!??? No reqeust for the old Coleco Football handheld game?
    Sven

If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished.
    It would be cool to play on the visor, but I still have the original, wonder what it'd be worth.....
  5. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Originally posted by sdoersam

WHAT!!??? No reqeust for the old Coleco Football handheld game?
    Actually, I would love a PalmOS version of Tecmo Bowl...
    I agree that Tecmo Bowl would be perfect for the Palm OS, where do we pay?
    sdoersam and christo1970,

Is Coleco football the one that was on a white device and was super basic... but you punched buttons to get across the field and get around players on the field (where you could only move your little dot or line -whatever it was- a space over and a space up etc. at a time so that when you really saw you were free to run, you'd push the living crap out of that button)?

I am dying to find this one I used to play on the bus when I was in junior high or early high school... probably around 1981-1983... something like that. It just has this dark screen with the lines of the field and the players and you as little marks (orange maybe?). Back in the days of no animation, but more fun than I can possibly say.

Does anybody know what that was or if that's available? Christo, is that what you have the original of?

krifkestein@hotmail.com
  8.    #8  
    This is arguably the best (realistic and arcade type) game for Palm OS...

Grand Slam

Misled or disappointed by the title of the first?.. All 30 teams! Stick this in your pipe and smoke it Selig! Go Bikers!
    All these need are databases to support the diversity of competitors as well as '01 stats.

and yes.. I'm still ready for some football
    "The Greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance -- it is the illusion of knowledge." -- Daniel Borstin
    Sports games aren't very practical on a tiny Palm OS screen IMO. Unless you ar going to have those stick men games that were producted back in the days.
    Guys,

I have to agree on the Coleco style games being awesome. The good news is that Mattel has brought back the original football and it sells for about $15.00 at Target or Walmart.

I picked one up after doing some research online and reading that the game was reintroduced. Mattel is calling the game "Classic Football".

As for Palm games that style, I believe it's a matter of time and effort. I'd pay my $10 for a palm version...
    You guys do know that We are turning our PDA's into the saying "A Glorified Gameboy".

**** shoot i would pay $49.99 for a springboard module of nintendos "Double Dribble", or "Jordan VS. Bird"
    Hey baby before we start do you mind if we use my M505?
    No not for that!!!!!!!!!!
    Use it to reffer to PalmaSutra, silly???????
  12.    #12  
    Originally posted by culo77
    You guys do know that We are turning our PDA's into the saying "A Glorified Gameboy".
    Well Sir.. Let me tell you this. If anyone looks at your Visor and calls it a GameBoy, then show them how you use it to track appointments, maintain detailed contact info. Show them that it turns into a phone, and that you can take pictures and go wireless and send immediate postcards, e-mail... surf the web, (in Yardie's case/fortune) perform transactions through the bank. Show them that you can send a fax.

Guess what? A gameboy never got me in touch with my MSN, Yahoo, AOL or ICQ contact list members. Then when they're silent and blinking mouth agape, pull out Zap 2016 (for example) This device, OS, and software is indeed a mobile office. Don't tell me you didn't try solitaire when the boss wasn't around. Then when you don't have a digital signal on multi-hour long trips or you're bored from reading or working. Fire up the 'Gameboy!' Bring it on!

I did just take such a roadtrip. My friend and fellow journeyman just got a Game Boy (Advance, no less.) Guess who put down Quake (or whatever) and was 'using' the Visor on that trip?

This post is not directed towards you, but it's an answer for gameboy 'pundits'. I didn't even touch on the dictionary part yet.

A prism car charger, and a switch to a provider with superior digital coverage is definitely on my Christmas list.

To stay on topic.. Toxic Boxing was a definite stress release (for about 6 or 7 rounds) A virtual punching bag on my Flash module. Heh.. squeeze toys (stress balls they call them?) well they are passe. Throw them to Jr. or Rover.

MegaHockey is cool too. They ought to allow uniform colour changes to please all the folks who don't like the Canadiens scheme and can't appreciate a legacy. LOL. Hey! Honey Nut Cheerios? What the..?