Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    I have been using chatter email and Agendus Pro (without email). After reading
    the review just posted at TC, I was curious if peeps that have used both preferred one over the other. From what I have read, Marc isn't working on chatter anymore.

Thanks.
    I have used both and prefer ChatterEmail. Ben
    ditto, chatter is faster and easier to use for me.
    Chatter is the way to go. Palm bought Chatter and Marc is, presumably, working on it as it will be the de facto e-mail client on future Palm devices.
    Chatter is way easier...& better.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I started out using SnapperMail and switched to Chatter. I was very happy. I then tried Agendus Pro and liked it when compared to DateBk5. So, at this point I was where you are now. So, I decided to try Agendus Mail because of the prohibitive battery drain I was experiencing with Chatter and a curiosity about the integration with Agendus Pro.

While the intergration is relatively convenient and my battery life was clearly better, I thought of switching back to Chatter on several ocassions over the 6 months of use and didn't primarily because of the integration and increased battery life.

Well that changed as of a couple of days ago. I switched back to Chatter and do not use its PUSH capability and my battery life is much improved with the new perfomance module and no longer an issue. While I miss the intergration with Agendus, I prefer the completeness and flexibility of Chatter.

If I had to put these email apps on a continuum I would say Snapper then Agendus Mail and then Chatter with Chatter being the true benchmark for funtionality. This is not to say that the other two apps are bad just not as feature rich or refined.

If you are still wondering about which to go with then utiliae the trials of both and decide for yourself. Good luck!
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Gottago said a mouthful, so I'll simply say "ditto".

I use and very much like Agendus Pro. But their email client can't hold a candle to Chatter.
    Very interesting discussion. I am also an Agendus Pro User and thinking about an upgrade to Agendus Premier (~ 20$). I am not a heavy mobile mail user, I just wan't do access all messages from one single mail box (POP3, no IMAP) where I send all messages to I want to see on the phone (by filtering rules). Of course, I also want to write messages to my contacts. The preinstalled VersaMail is no option, because I want to save all messages and attachments on the extension card.

My question: is Agendus Mail good enough for this? How stable is Agendus Mail? Another question is about SMS. I understand that Agendus Mail has also a SMS component. Can I still use the preinstalled (Treo 680) SMS application (because I like the chat view feature very much) when Agendus Mail is installed??

Any help/hint would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Catter is good. That's whay Palm has brought it to be included in future Treos instead of VM that sucks big time.

But I use Snappermail instead, it allows me to choose form what emails to download.
    R
    Chan
    Treo 680 Mobitel GSM Sri Lanka.
    MarkusJ,

Yes, you can just select the native SMS application in your Prefs and in Agendus Preferences and use it along side Agendus Mail SSL. The last release of Agendus Mail greatly improved the slowness of the previous several versions. Not sure if the negative comments are based on trial of latest or older releases. VersaMail and SnapperMail are both fine email applications, but if you're an Agendus user, the integration factor comes into play. With Agendus Mail, you can convert an email to any PIM event, i.e. task, calendar event, memo, contact quickly. That's huge for some people!
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    wellsjs,

thank you very much for this information. I will try Agendus Premier :-)
    i own and have used both (and snapper for that matter)-my 2 cents worth:
    if you need/want real time email-chatter cannot be beaten. you can folder sync with both of them which is an important factor for me.
    agendus mail does integrate with agendus in that you can instantly save an email as a task etc which is very clever.
    bottom line if speed is the issue-chatter-if integration is the issue agendus mail.
    RN
    I just recently switching to Chatter for push functionality, which is awesome. All I need to do now is get attachments working and I'll be a happy camper.
    I own both snap and chat - chatter is on my 680
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    MarkusJ,

Did you buy agendus premier? Do you like it. I am trying to make a decision on this right now. Chatter obviously faster, my question is, will I be able to send email within agendus through chatter and in history see the email? also, as stupid as this sounds what name shows up to the reciever of the email when using chatter or premier. ex. racewater@...? for business reasons. thanks for your help
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    Chatter is the way to go. Palm bought Chatter and Marc is, presumably, working on it as it will be the de facto e-mail client on future Palm devices.
    According to what Marc has said on several threads, that is an errant presumption. He has stated pointedly he did NOT go to Palm to work on Chatter.

He has also said there will be no further development work done on Chatter, so it is a dead product as far as development goes. I think he still supports it though, so maybe bug fixes could come.

Personally, I have been looking at email programs and have settled on Chatter. Nervous about the end of life status it has, but if it works, it works. Chances are my next smartphone won't even use the Palm OS (even if it is a Palm, it may be the linux palm OS).
    Quote Originally Posted by racewater View Post
    MarkusJ,

Did you buy agendus premier? Do you like it. I am trying to make a decision on this right now. Chatter obviously faster, my question is, will I be able to send email within agendus through chatter and in history see the email? also, as stupid as this sounds what name shows up to the reciever of the email when using chatter or premier. ex. racewater@...? for business reasons. thanks for your help
    Agendus is a wonderfull application, but Agendus mail not. I have Premier, but I have to delete Agendus mail. Sorry but it's true.