1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I apologize if this topic has been discussed before but I am about to purchase the 700p with a GPS and would like a few latest reviews and which GPS package to get.

I believe there is Garmin , tomtom , palm's

Can I find a detailed review of these somewhere?

Thx
    John
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    The GPS arena is constantly changing. For instance, the review from Brighthand was only done in December 2006, and since then a slew of new GPS units have been released as well as new software, such as TomTom 6. I use a GPS-centric site to get a handle on things when I update. It's this one:
    http://www.gpspassion.com/fr/default...rentVersion=EN

Based upon their recommendations, I previously purchased the original iBlue GPS unit and recently just upgraded to an iBlue 747 GPS datalogging unit. One of the sites that sells GPS units (www.semsons.com) had a caution on using the latest iBlue units with Palm OS, but I haven't had any issue using my iBlue 747 with my 700p running TomTom 6.
    Before I bought my Holux GPslim 236, the iBlue 737 was #1 in my list...but I saw posts on incompatibility problems with the 700p. Yours is the iBlue 747, and you don't have any issues? This is excellent news!
  5.    #5  
    I'm looking at the palm gps solution which has the tomtom 6 software,
    any experience or major issues?
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlpineMan View Post
    Before I bought my Holux GPslim 236, the iBlue 737 was #1 in my list...but I saw posts on incompatibility problems with the 700p. Yours is the iBlue 747, and you don't have any issues? This is excellent news!
    Either the units are arriving with new firmware or I'm lucky or there really isn't any problem, but I've got my iBlue 747 working just fine with my 700p. I've used it with TomTom 6 on a couple of bike trips and a couple of car trips, including two tonight. I can only vouch for my experience, and my experience in using this unit with TomTom 6 has been really easy, very fast to connect, and very fast to acquire satellite signals. About the only thing that I could possibly complain about is that the device was identified in the Bluetooth registry as "Unknown Device".
    I have the BT-338 which you can buy here on treocentral. So far I am happy with it and have had no bluetooth pairing issues. My only regret is not buying the tomtom 6 software at the same time I got the GPS unit, but thankfully my tomtom 6 is in the mail and will be here on wed.
  8.    #8  
    So is the palm gps bundle OK, as it has tomtom ? or should I be looking at another gps hardware device.
    thx
    Both TomTom6 or Garmin bundles are good.

Or you can go with TT6 software and a bigger Globalsat receiver.
    TomTom and Palm are the same bundle except Palm gives you a car windshield mount which you can buy on ebay for $5. I have the TomTom6 with bluetooth GPS and it works fantastically
  11.    #11  
    Thanks for all your input and advice... much appreciated.

I guess i will just buy from tomtom and get that holder on ebay.