1.    #1  
    Okay guys...I have a Treo 650 with a faulty audio out jack. I tend to listen to audio (Audible, Kinema, etc) while driving and since this jack has gone out, the only way to listen now is to hold it up to my ear, since the audio is not always loud enough to just lay it on my lap. This is not very safe or preferrrable.

I am considering the Seidio Audio Out Adapter, but I am concerned about having no power charger as well (since the listening tends to drain batteries like crazy after a long trip).

I have thought maybe some of the vehicle mounts as another alternative, but I am uncertain if any of them make use of the sync port to provide audio (as the above Audio Out appears to do).

I basically need this to be hands free, holder, power, and maybe future expansion for a GPS. Price is a factor as well.

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations on this?
    Bluetooth headphones using Softick Audio Gateway.
  3.    #3  
    I recall reading that the blue tooth stack on the 650 would not support the audio profile over bluetooth. Is this not true?

Or was this a problem maybe with the specific bluetooth headset that I own (I own a cheaper Logitech headset).

Anyone?
    I use the Seidio audio adapter in my car every day. I too wish it had a power input. I use an extended sized battery which helps so I rarely drain it.

Many of us have repeatedly asked Seidio to come out with another audio adapter like the one they have, but with a connector to pass thru the power. Nothing ever came of these requests.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Hi

There's some joker out there who does a mod in which he drills down into a 650's stubby antenna and installs a standard 3.5mm Stereo mini jack into it.. I forget who he is or what he charges.. I saw him advertising that service either here or somewhere else months ago.. maybe he's reading this or someone else is who can point to him and his service and the pictures of the results.. of course this will void any warranty, but you'd get a working audio jack and wouldn't have to deal with 3.5mm > 2.5mm converters and other nonsense because Palm couldn't put a freakin' industry-standard 3.5mm audio jack on Treos in the first place..

If you have replacement Insurance on your 650 through your carrier, though, they should replace it as a mechanical or electronic failure, and chances are they might replace it with a 700p unless they still have refurbed 650s lying around..

Thanks
    Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Quote Originally Posted by ebresie View Post
    I recall reading that the blue tooth stack on the 650 would not support the audio profile over bluetooth. Is this not true?

Or was this a problem maybe with the specific bluetooth headset that I own (I own a cheaper Logitech headset).

Anyone?

It was not thought to be possible, but nevertheless Softick have done it. I use Softick's Audio Gateway successfully on my 650. You will find a number of threads on TC on the subject.

http://www.softick.com/bluetooth-audio/
    The username eludes me but his web page is here
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    Quote Originally Posted by maceyr View Post
    The username eludes me but his web page is here
    That would be nonobeez
    Thanks! I knew it but couldn't come up with it.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws