1.    #1  
    What is the current best email product. I had snappermail on my 650 and know upgrades have slowed down. I am a POP account user (in the future maybe exchange). I went to snapper because early version of Versamail were so bad and unstable, but maybe that has changed
    in a word -> chatter
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    cough cough ...chatter cough cough
    Chatter is now part of Palm.
    Not sure what and how it will evolve.

I have no problems at all using Snapper (POP only)
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    I use versamail because, where possible, I like to use the software that comes with the phone. I have read many posts that can this software and promote chatter or snapper, but I havent tried these alternatives. I find that versamail seems to do what I would expect for an email program - ie it gets my email - maybe the issue is that I dont expect much. It seems to be stable and I havent had any problems with it, so I am not sure what is better about chatter and snappermail, but I am curious. What are the main advantages that chatter and/or snapper have over versa?
    I only have experience with Snapper and Versamail, and here are some of my experiences:

Snappermail allows SSL secured POP and SMTP connections, so your email password doesn't get sent to your email server in plaintext.

Snapper has nicer keyboard shortcuts. For example, if you want to disconnect from the Internet, simply press "I".
    Chatter supports background operation and that is the BIG plus. True PUSH mail with a compliant email server.

Ben
    What about AgendusMail v5.0. Has anyone tried it with a 680? It looks Ok, but would like to share experiences with other Treo users.
    Chatter also supports multiple nested IMAP folders (as well as standard POP3 mailboxes).

Chatter supports POP3S, IMAPS (secure versions of IMAP and POP).

Chatter also supports most versions of Exchange with the proper plugin and the right data plan. (I don't use exchange much, so others would be better to comment on this.)
    Quote Originally Posted by charcape7 View Post
    What about AgendusMail v5.0. Has anyone tried it with a 680? It looks Ok, but would like to share experiences with other Treo users.
    tried it a while back - didnt like it compared to chatter - the only other email app I would consider is SM, but you cant pry chatter outta my hands now
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Chatter also handles attachments, and attaches attachments, and I'm not sure the others do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    Chatter also handles attachments, and attaches attachments, and I'm not sure the others do that.
    No sweat with Snapper

PS this is not going to turn out in a Chatter-vs-Snapper debate, is it ?
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    SnapperMail works great and if you like Mozilla Thunderbird, it is as close as you can get to that.
    i have no issues with Snapper and have used it for almost a year.
    I set my auto "get emails" to every 20 mins when I away from my laptop.
    good luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    I used chatter before Exchange and liked it.
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
    Quote Originally Posted by holvoetn View Post
    ... this is not going to turn out in a Chatter-vs-Snapper debate, is it ?
    Jeez, there is no debate, is there?
    oh ya baby, bring it on! Just in time for the Presidential debates too haha
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    I have used Agendus Mail for years and like it. Use to use MarkSpace and really liked that it could color code incoming mail. Do not hear much about MarkSpace, but I really liked it. Use Agendus because it is intergrated into Agendus.

SPG
    The big differences for me:
    SnapperMail: when mail comes in, it stays in main memory until the nightly maintenance (at least last time I used SnapperMail).
    ChatterEmail: when mail comes in, it is saved immediately to the defined location - the SD card if so defined.

Background operation - NO with SnapperMail and YES with ChatterEmail.

For a long, long time there were no updates with SnapperMail.

I have both and use ChatterEmail exclusively.

Ben