1.    #1  
    Is anybody using the screen protector from www.bestskinsever.com on their Treo 680? Not the total body skin...but just the screen protector? Even if you have used it on your 650/700, your opinions are needed.

I need a new screen protector, and have not been thrilled with Martin Fields...although I know that is sacriledge to some.
    Crimson Treo 680 (given up for adoption)
    BlackBerry 9000 Bold - Main
    Palm Centro - Secondary
    Just, finished installing the full body skin 1 minute ago, which comes with the screen protector also (I assume they are the same quality)

fully body skin - great quality, goes on well with patience. but leaves a "rubbery" feel in your hand (not as bad as the silicone cases)...but has a bit of a feel to it (which I do not mind). I imagine with use (i.e. hand use etc....this will soften or become a little more "smoother"). Also, ZERO bubbles, imperfections!....

as for the screen protector :
    1. I have never had a screen protector go on that perfectly. period. This was a pleasure to apply
    2. it covers the screen to the very edge (Should prevent "dust buildup" in the edges which I personally hate)
    3. THE BAD: comparing this to the standard Palm screen protectors, the stylus does not drag smoothly (probably related to the above complaint about the rubbery feel of the body skin)
    4. MORE GOOD: It does not have a "textured-look" ....and looks perfect while viewing your screen (no pixelation or blur)

Hope that helps..... the bottom line....I would not get this skin if I was using grafiti, drawing applications, or needed to drag files from place to place (Which I only do when I install a new app in zlauncher).

Hope that was helpful,

alf
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the review, alpinadvl!!

Question: how did you apply the screen protector? The instructions say to put a drop of dishwashing liquid in some water...dip the protector in the solution...and float it onto the screen...then let it dry for 24-hours without turning on the phone!!!

I read on another forum that the best way it so dip the protector in a bowl of Windex and float it onto the screen also...

Which way did you do it? And...do I have to wait a whole 24-hours for the dang thing to dry?

Oh yeah...how is it as far as being bubble-free?

Thanks again for the help!!
    Palm Centro - Secondary
    i did the soap water thing.....1 drop with 8oz of water. But honestly, the windex thing is probably better (I should have done that) - because it has alcohol. (this is what the pro;s use when applying 3M film to car bumpers)

Anyway, dip it into the solution, shake as much of it off as possible before applying it, then just press it into place, press press press...(and wipe along the edges any liquid that comes out)...then use a credit card type plastic thing (it actually needs to be smaller than a standard credit card) and squeegee it from side to side , center to right, center to left, bottom to top...etc...

it is very easy,

zero bubbles

and I turned the thing on immediately - maybe 10 seconds later

the 24 hr - thing is more precautionary.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the help!
    Palm Centro - Secondary
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Isn't there a chance that water might get into the phone? Or is it minimal?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrwear25 View Post
    Isn't there a chance that water might get into the phone? Or is it minimal?
    I was actually concerned about that too...that's why using Windex as the source of moisture instead of soap made sense to me. The alcohol in the Windex would evaporate quickly...
    Palm Centro - Secondary
  8.    #8  
    Update: just installed screen protector and it is very impressive so far. No bubbles at all after installation, and I am notoriously a fumblefingers when it comes to screensaver installation. It is really clear too...no cloudiness or pixelation problems.

But...I notice, like alpinadvl said...there is some restriction with dragging the stylus tip across the screen. Not a big deal...but you can feel a certain "grippiness" of the screensaver material. Not a problem really with me, since I use the 5-way 99% of the time anyway instead of the stylus.

And...by using the Windex as a solution, it allowed me to "float" the film onto the screen...but dried quickly enough so that it didn't move around as I worked the water out from under it with a credit card...very quick and easy.

Too soon to tell about long-term performance...but good product so far!!
    Palm Centro - Secondary
    I installed the full body and screen protector about two weeks ago. So far, no complaints. I did get one bubble on the side piece by the SD card slot that I couldn't work out. The screen protector was the easiest piece to install and seems to work great. Very clear. I love the feel, less slippery, but still slips in and out of pockets easily. Can't hardly go wrong for the price either.
    Boxwave baby!!!
    Boxwave is fine, but no where near as good as the InvisibleSHIELD/Best Skin Ever material. Yes, it's a bit grabby, but it's not bad. I'll take grabby any day of the week. I've done the key test and it hasn't shown any sign that I took a key to it.

Disclaimer: No, I didn't take a key to my treo. I did it to my mom's dumb phone.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
  12.    #12  
    To be totally honest...I appreciate the fact that it goes on so easily and dries so bubble-free and perfect, as much as I appreciate the protection. I suck so badly at applications usually, and this made me look like a pro.
    Palm Centro - Secondary
    I forgot to mention that it was the easiest for me to put on too. I hate stick on screen protectors. I avoided them like the plague. But when Boxwave came out and there was so much praise for it, of course I had to try it. I agree Martin Field sucks, but I do use MF on my digital camera. But it will be replaced with an InvisibleSHIELD soon.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic