Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    Curious, does anyone know whether or not Palm is changing the adapters again with the release of the 755p? I was actually surprised when the 700 used the same adapters as the 650. Would be nice if they continue using the same adapters. Thanks,
  2. #2  
    I'm going to assume the 755p will be able to use the same accessories as the 680 and 750. Are they the same as the 650 and 700p/wx?
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 View Post
    I'm going to assume the 755p will be able to use the same accessories as the 680 and 750. Are they the same as the 650 and 700p/wx?

    Palm's web site is selling a car charger with this listed compatibility:

    650 680 700w 700wx 700p 750

    My guess is that the 755 will be added to this list . . . . .



    EDIT:
    Hmmm. . . . .however the USB Hot Sync cable leaves the 680 and 750 off it's list . . . .

    Hey Christinac130 . . . . . . are the cables for your 650 and 680 the same?
    Last edited by gtwo; 04/27/2007 at 12:09 PM.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Palm's web site is selling a car charger (and other cables) with this listed compatibility:

    650 680 700w 700wx 700p 750

    My guess is that the 755 will be added to this list . . . . .
    That makes sense.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    EDIT:
    Hmmm. . . . .however the USB Hot Sync cable leaves the 680 and 750 off it's list . . . .

    Hey Christinac130 . . . . . . are the cables for your 650 and 680 the same?
    Perry, the 650's A/C adapter fits into the 680, but is not recommended for use with it. Something about the different voltage?? The 680's sync/charge USB cable fits the 650, but doesn't charge it like it does with the 680. I don't think anyone can speculate what the 755 accessories will be compatible with until someone actually knows a little more about the actual device.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Perry, the 650's A/C adapter fits into the 680, but is not recommended for use with it. Something about the different voltage?? The 680's sync/charge USB cable fits the 650, but doesn't charge it like it does with the 680. I don't think anyone can speculate what the 755 accessories will be compatible with until someone actually knows a little more about the actual device.

    Well, that just makes it clear as mud !! (Except for your final point. )
    Thanks!
  7. #7  
    I have the 700p and I am toying with the idea of looking at the 755p. . . . . however this would be another strike against moving to the 755p for me, if my 650/700p cables and accessories would not be compatible.

    The first two are the apparent problems with 4GB miniSD cards (if that's what the 755 will have) and the less powerful battery (not sure I can go down from a 2400mAh to a 1200/1300 mAh . . . however, if I want a 755p, carrying a second battery would not be a deal breaker.)
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    I have the 700p and I am toying with the idea of looking at the 755p. . . . . however this would be another strike against moving to the 755p for me, if my 650/700p cables and accessories would not be compatible.

    The first two are the apparent problems with 4GB miniSD cards (if that's what the 755 will have) and the less powerful battery (not sure I can go down from a 2400mAh to a 1200/1300 mAh . . . however, if I want a 755p, carrying a second battery would not be a deal breaker.)

    Hi Perry,

    I think I may try out the 755p too! I ordered an extra battery and the case from Treo Central (the case that kinda looks like a Vaja, slides in, Smartphone Experts) The extra battery is without question needed. I guess we will not see the linux Treo this year. I wish that we would! I will make a comment to Steve and Paul on the web site!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    Hi Perry,

    I think I may try out the 755p too! I ordered an extra battery and the case from Treo Central (the case that kinda looks like a Vaja, slides in, Smartphone Experts) The extra battery is without question needed. I guess we will not see the linux Treo this year. I wish that we would! I will make a comment to Steve and Paul on the web site!
    What makes you say that? We've got 7 more months to go in the year...
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair View Post
    What makes you say that? We've got 7 more months to go in the year...
    Ed C. has been talking about a 1 year cycle . . . . . . I would think this fall would be too quick after a June release of the 755p, but I do have a $25 bet riding on my 900P being here by 02/29/2008.

    Cheers, Perry.
  11. #11  
    I posted on the blog a request that all future Treos have standard periphials. I hope they listen. As I said in my post its a win win.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.

Posting Permissions