Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38
  1. Camel's Avatar
    Posts
    318 Posts
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
       #1  
    Now that verichat is done, I don't know where to turn to.
    I downloaded mundu, but just like v3, it can not load up my buddylist.

    It starts to load them, then it resets. (I have about 100 friends online and about 400 offline or not active anymore.)

    It works with a test account though that had a few buddies.
    I just use AOL aim, nothing else.

    I also tried toccer and I used to have a working copy before, but now i downloaded it again and it crashes the treo right away

    Can any company create a verichat clone please?!!!
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

  2. #2  
    Have you tried Causerie? Have had trouble free experience with it, using AOL aim like you
  3. #3  
    Chatopus works great. It's a pain to setup but is very solid.
  4. Camel's Avatar
    Posts
    318 Posts
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeyjoe View Post
    Have you tried Causerie? Have had trouble free experience with it, using AOL aim like you
    Excellent. I tried it a long time, but forgot about it. Will try it again now.
    How is the background mode?

    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Chatopus works great. It's a pain to setup but is very solid.
    hmm it looks interesting. more like toccer, but with a better interface. I can see why it's a pain to setup though
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

  5. #5  
    Chatopus eats battery like crazy though, 10%/hr.. No worse than Mundu, but compared to Verichat's 3% or so an hour.. :/

    Only problem with Chatopus is finding a reliable Jabber server. I just started running my own. I am back to using VeriChat until it dies, so I'm not monitoring it, but if anyone needs a Jabber server with AIM/YIM/MSN let me know.
  6. #6  
    Causerie feature works well. Causerie trail version be downloaded from the link given below:

    http://causerie.mantragroup.com/prod...m/download.php
  7. fondoo's Avatar
    Posts
    200 Posts
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    #7  
    i use shape services IM+.
    http://www.shapeservices.com/en/prod...php?product=im

    works great on my 700p
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Camel View Post
    Now that verichat is done, I don't know where to turn to.
    I downloaded mundu, but just like v3, it can not load up my buddylist.

    It starts to load them, then it resets. (I have about 100 friends online and about 400 offline or not active anymore.)

    It works with a test account though that had a few buddies.
    I just use AOL aim, nothing else.

    I also tried toccer and I used to have a working copy before, but now i downloaded it again and it crashes the treo right away

    Can any company create a verichat clone please?!!!


    Sweet Camel - try this version of Mundu -
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  9. #9  
    Where did you get this version? I'm running build 10511 and it's not recognizing any updates when I run check for upgrades. I'm assuming your build is 10543.
  10. #10  
    What do you mean Verichat is done? Are they discontinuing service?
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Where did you get this version? I'm running build 10511 and it's not recognizing any updates when I run check for upgrades. I'm assuming your build is 10543.
    from mundu rep...
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  12. Camel's Avatar
    Posts
    318 Posts
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
       #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    Sweet Camel - try this version of Mundu -
    thanks, but im still having the same problem with that one.
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

  13. #13  
    I've been using Mundu lately and it's pretty good. The one thing I don't like is that I don't get IM's if I'm not connected to Vision. With Verichat, the messages come through whether I'm connected to Vision or not, as long as I have a signal. But with Mundu, I don't get messages if I'm not connected to Vision. They don't just not pop up, they're not there when I go into Mundu. I think that's pretty bad. Is this the same for everyone, or am I just having a problem with it?
  14. json's Avatar
    Posts
    153 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 View Post
    I've been using Mundu lately and it's pretty good. The one thing I don't like is that I don't get IM's if I'm not connected to Vision. With Verichat, the messages come through whether I'm connected to Vision or not, as long as I have a signal. But with Mundu, I don't get messages if I'm not connected to Vision. They don't just not pop up, they're not there when I go into Mundu. I think that's pretty bad. Is this the same for everyone, or am I just having a problem with it?
    my messages pop up as text messages when not thru vision but only from my AIM contacts
  15. #15  
    Hi

    I have mundu and it was causing a lot of resets if the internet tries to connect after opening mundu.

    Connect to the internet( by opening a browser ) and then connect to the mundu. This works great for me. I havent had a reset ever since. I dunno why this is happening though...

    Good luck...
  16. json's Avatar
    Posts
    153 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxion2005 View Post
    Hi

    I have mundu and it was causing a lot of resets if the internet tries to connect after opening mundu.

    Connect to the internet( by opening a browser ) and then connect to the mundu. This works great for me. I havent had a reset ever since. I dunno why this is happening though...

    Good luck...
    I'd get iritated and would delete mundu if having to do that just to make sure I didn't reset.
  17. Camel's Avatar
    Posts
    318 Posts
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
       #17  
    Got rid of mundu today.
    It's not even close to verichat. looks very busy and loads up for too long.
    It crashed on me twice today.

    Time to try Causerie.
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

  18. n0m0n's Avatar
    Posts
    140 Posts
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Camel View Post
    Got rid of mundu today.
    It's not even close to verichat. looks very busy and loads up for too long.
    It crashed on me twice today.

    Time to try Causerie.
    Watch it with Causerie...
    I installed it and it was not that easy to delete.
    It writes into more then you may think.
    Just my experience.
    JW
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    Watch it with Causerie...
    I installed it and it was not that easy to delete.
    It writes into more then you may think.
    Just my experience.
    Try Uninstall Manager. It makes it easy to uninstall applications and all their associated files.
  20. n0m0n's Avatar
    Posts
    140 Posts
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 View Post
    Try Uninstall Manager. It makes it easy to uninstall applications and all their associated files.
    Well thats just it, I use DeInstaller, and Causerie was a locked app.
    Cant use the default delete Palm app, same outcome.
    I needed to go to FileProg, and with a file manager extract each and every file, challenged to find all of it, but when all was said and done I hard reset because it did change something that I never found.
    Had a Backup app but to much time passed, so it was good to clean the OS anyway.
    Now its a trail app that is locked is a problem to me.
    A little presumptuous that the app is a keeper by the company...
    JW
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions