Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    That sounds pretty bad if you had to go through all that. I don't know what to do about IM, I really miss Verichat.
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 View Post
    That sounds pretty bad if you had to go through all that. I don't know what to do about IM, I really miss Verichat.
    Hey you might like the chat app so you would not have to got through what I did.
    I could be wrong but I thought there was a yearly charge for using it though.
    JW
    Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    Well thats just it, I use DeInstaller, and Causerie was a locked app.
    Cant use the default delete Palm app, same outcome.
    I needed to go to FileProg, and with a file manager extract each and every file, challenged to find all of it, but when all was said and done I hard reset because it did change something that I never found.
    Had a Backup app but to much time passed, so it was good to clean the OS anyway.
    Now its a trail app that is locked is a problem to me.
    A little presumptuous that the app is a keeper by the company...
    Did you try the delete from the Palm Launcher? I'd be VERY surprised if this did not work. I suspect you tried it from a secondary launcher, such as ZLauncher, which has a different way of uninstalling apps.

It does make me wonder why ZLauncher can't also do the "standard" thing that the Palm Launcher does, but oh well.
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Did you try the delete from the Palm Launcher? I'd be VERY surprised if this did not work. I suspect you tried it from a secondary launcher, such as ZLauncher, which has a different way of uninstalling apps.

It does make me wonder why ZLauncher can't also do the "standard" thing that the Palm Launcher does, but oh well.
    I tried to delete via the Palm launcher.
    I dont have ZLauncher installed.
    JW
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    Sweet Camel - try this version of Mundu -
    I'm noticing more battery drain with this version vs 10511. Other than that I haven't noticed anything different on my 700p.

Thanks for posting the build!
    Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    Well thats just it, I use DeInstaller, and Causerie was a locked app.
    Cant use the default delete Palm app, same outcome.
    I needed to go to FileProg, and with a file manager extract each and every file, challenged to find all of it, but when all was said and done I hard reset because it did change something that I never found.
    Had a Backup app but to much time passed, so it was good to clean the OS anyway.
    Now its a trail app that is locked is a problem to me.
    A little presumptuous that the app is a keeper by the company...
    Causerie easily deleted using the standard Palm Applications app here. You have something screwy going on there I believe. Any cruft left over was easily removed with FileX.

Are you talking about removing elements from preferences, etc? Most apps will leave some traces there to disallow you from using trial software over and over again.
    To delete Causerie perform following steps:

1) Click on App menu from Application launcher or palm launcher and
    click delete option.
    2) Select CauserieSMSLib from the list and click Delete.
    3) Select Causerie from the list and click Delete.
    4) Click on Yes in the confirmation Screen and click Done.
    Reset the device twice.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Hi All sorry for my first post to be a problem post, but lets not kid anyone, this IS a windows device. That being said, anyone else have trouble texting with a 700wx?

I can receive texts no problem, but if i just go to my contacts and try to text someone straight form there it gives me dirty error messages. Now, I can take the same number, and just type it into a new text and send it and it works. The only thing I can come up with is a problem with the ( ) around my area codes (that windows puts in automatically and I cant change) ....or can i?

Anyone??!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by GLASS View Post
    Hi All sorry for my first post to be a problem post, but lets not kid anyone, this IS a windows device. That being said, anyone else have trouble texting with a 700wx?

I can receive texts no problem, but if i just go to my contacts and try to text someone straight form there it gives me dirty error messages. Now, I can take the same number, and just type it into a new text and send it and it works. The only thing I can come up with is a problem with the ( ) around my area codes (that windows puts in automatically and I cant change) ....or can i?

Anyone??!?!
    You're asking a question about a Windows device in the Palm OS Apps section of the forum, in a thread about a Palm IM app. You may want to try asking in the WM section...
    I too miss Verichat and have tried both Causerie and Mundu on my 700P. I favor Mundu over Causerie- both have something the other doesn't offer as far as features. Mundu has better background performance which is important to me.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    You're asking a question about a Windows device in the Palm OS Apps section of the forum, in a thread about a Palm IM app. You may want to try asking in the WM section...
    *growls and drools*
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    I was afraid of purchasing another Palm OS based Treo because VeriChat was being killed off. I guess my fear has become reality, nothing decent to step up and take its place. Ive tried all of em.

I hope the Treo 755p's new IM program is amazing and is including in the upcoming firmware/ feature update for the Treo 680.
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    *growls and drools*
    LOL! It's getting boring here...all the problems are with the 700s and 750s. I guess I'm getting feisty...
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    LOL! It's getting boring here...all the problems are with the 700s and 750s. I guess I'm getting feisty...
    Oh, no, I was really doing that for the previous poster I guess..
    Oh, no, I was really doing that for the previous poster I guess..
    See? I don't pay attention anymore, either...
    Quote Originally Posted by fishera View Post
    I hope the Treo 755p's new IM program is amazing and is including in the upcoming firmware/ feature update for the Treo 680.
    If the reports are true, the 755p's IM program works with SMS when in background operation. If that's true, the bad news is you'll need an unlimited SMS plan.

The good news is it should be rock solid.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    whoops my bad..
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    i have unlimited SMS and unlimited net, thats not the issue.

MunduIM doesn't work for me and I can't figure out why!!
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12