1.    #1  
    Greetings everyone. I am a Palm Treo 650 user and I am a new user of Resco Backup (for a few months) and I have been having occasional problems. I'm hoping some of you who have been using this app might be able to help me out.

1. What apps do you suggest that I lock? Is this a possible reason as to why my phone resets? I have the following:

a. BackupMan
    b. Butler
    c. CardReader
    d. Crash
    e. DateBk6
    f. Destaller
    g. FieldPlus
    h. PFB
    i. FileZ
    j. Initiate
    k. KB Lights Off
    l. KeyCaps600
    m. KeyguardTime
    n. MiniTones
    o. MobileWrite
    p. NVBackup
    q. Phone Technician
    r. Pocket Tunes
    s. PowerRun
    t. Reset Doctor
    u. Skinner
    v. TakePhone
    w. TextPlus
    x. TotalHawk
    y. Uninstall Manager
    z. Volume Care
    zz. Watch

Question is, which do you suggest I lock to make my palm more stable?

2. Whenever I do a backup, do I need to "VERIFY"? What does this do?

3. The "rsbackuplog" is always perennially not updated.. am I doing something wrong? Do I need to "verify" and then "update" this?

4. Whenever there is a crash or a soft reset, I check out what caused in CrashPro. Occasionally, it says "RescoBackup"... Any possible explanation for this?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Just curious, why do you need 3 backup programs? That could be part of the problem.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman View Post
    Just curious, why do you need 3 backup programs? That could be part of the problem.
    I originally had the NVBackup when I started using the phone. And then I tried Resco and BackupMan to try and see which one would suit my needs the most. Do you think this might be causing the problems?

I have noticed that the resets more often than not occur early morning, presumably after my Butler alarms go off... could this be the culprit?

Thank you for your reply.
    1. Can't help you with the locking. I let Resco Backup default here.

2. Verify crosschecks the backup to make sure it was correct. I don't bother. You can do a few checks manually just to get a good feeling.

3. rsbackuplog sounds like the backup log and is probably excluded by default since it is created by Resco Backup. Since it's going to be changed by the backup process, you wouldn't want to try backing it up at the same time.

4. Could be many things. Backups programs can be very cache intensive. Also, Resco Backup does have an option to reset after the backup. Check if that's set. Actually, I find that option very handy. I do a daily backup at 4am and have it reset after the backup. That way, everything is fresh for the morning.

Bob
    Palm IIIc=>Sony Clie T665=>Palm T3=>Palm Treo 680
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbd View Post
    1. Can't help you with the locking. I let Resco Backup default here.

2. Verify crosschecks the backup to make sure it was correct. I don't bother. You can do a few checks manually just to get a good feeling.

3. rsbackuplog sounds like the backup log and is probably excluded by default since it is created by Resco Backup. Since it's going to be changed by the backup process, you wouldn't want to try backing it up at the same time.

4. Could be many things. Backups programs can be very cache intensive. Also, Resco Backup does have an option to reset after the backup. Check if that's set. Actually, I find that option very handy. I do a daily backup at 4am and have it reset after the backup. That way, everything is fresh for the morning.

Bob
    Thank you so much Bob. Will take your advice into consideration. I appreciate your help.

Furthermore, is there any problem with locking too many apps? What are the disadvantages?
    Quote Originally Posted by jkrj524 View Post
    Thank you so much Bob. Will take your advice into consideration. I appreciate your help.

Furthermore, is there any problem with locking too many apps? What are the disadvantages?
    Hello, just passing by... see my reply in post #2 of this thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=141417

- mvk
    I have used backupbuddy those days but now use Rescobackup for nearly two years. First with T650 and now with T680. Still I am yet to run into a problem with Rbackup. It's quite a handy program.

I have nearly 30Mb full T680 with loads of apps and their DBs.

I keep few backup sets (projects) in Rbackup so it will ease up the things like

1. Basic PIM DB Backup set (SMS, Contacts)
    2. PRC backup set (filter)
    3. Third party DB backup set (SplashID,Hi_launcher)
    4. Pref backup set

You can lock the default app set automatically with RBackup itself. (Menu option) That would be more than enough. I have installed all the risky apps like VolumeCrae,TextPlus, Keycaps, YAHM and few hacks itself without any problem.

These are scheduled different times at night to "update" and I set the flush Db cache after backup in RBackup.

This virtually gives me a trouble free ride whatever I do with my Treo. Hope this helps.
    R
    Chan
    Treo 680 Mobitel GSM Sri Lanka.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Hello, just passing by... see my reply in post #2 of this thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=141417

- mvk
    Thank you for your help. Much appreciated.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chandana View Post
    I have used backupbuddy those days but now use Rescobackup for nearly two years. First with T650 and now with T680. Still I am yet to run into a problem with Rbackup. It's quite a handy program.

I have nearly 30Mb full T680 with loads of apps and their DBs.

I keep few backup sets (projects) in Rbackup so it will ease up the things like

1. Basic PIM DB Backup set (SMS, Contacts)
    2. PRC backup set (filter)
    3. Third party DB backup set (SplashID,Hi_launcher)
    4. Pref backup set

You can lock the default app set automatically with RBackup itself. (Menu option) That would be more than enough. I have installed all the risky apps like VolumeCrae,TextPlus, Keycaps, YAHM and few hacks itself without any problem.

These are scheduled different times at night to "update" and I set the flush Db cache after backup in RBackup.

This virtually gives me a trouble free ride whatever I do with my Treo. Hope this helps.
    I appreciate your help. I have just used the default set and added a couple and hopefully it works. So far, so good. Hopefully it doesn't reset tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks again.