Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Originally posted by clintonlogan

Blame me for that current limitation. I intend to increase it in v2.1

Increasing to Quicken's limit of 30 could be a challenge, however I would be interested in hearing if 15 would be sufficient for people. Feel free to email me directly with your votes.
    If you're interested in feedback, here is some:
    1) 10 splits are more than adequate for my purposes
    (and slightly off topic)
    2) the password at startup is nice, but would it be nice to have a button sequence used instead or also. This would enable one handed startup with some amount of security.
    3) the auto close after timed shut down (the device hasn't been used for more than 3 minutes [user selectable]) results in the need to re-start and re-enter the password. It would be nice if there was an option to have PocketQuicken remain available without a re-start and password entry for a certain amount of time (10 minutes?) after a timed shutdown.

And I must say that I am very impressed with PQ2. Great work!!!
    I think between 15 and 20 would be enough to cover any transaction.
    Well for me, I really would not enter my paycheck into PQ. But I would think that 15 would be more than plenty.
    I've been a lurker for some time now, but have never posted to this board. Actually, I just registered today. Anyway, I've been an Ultrasoft Money v2.2 user for several months now, and have been happy with the product until the transaction database crashed over the weekend. Unfortunately my backup is corrupted as well, so I've basically lost 3 months of transactions (fortunately I keep all my bank statements). I can't really blame the application, because I think I may have caused the problem by deleting something I shouldn't have. Since I have to reload all my information anyway, I would consider switching over to PQ 2.0 if it works better than then newest version of Money, which I think is 2.21. I currently do not sync Money up with MS Money, and I probably wouldn't do it with PQ either(at least at first). Has anyone compared these 2 programs, or have experience with both, and could list some of the differences between them (Pros and Cons)? Is there another program that someone would recommend over Money or PQ? Thanks for any information you can give.

--Vader2K
  5.    #125  
    ORADELL, NJ June 14, 2001 LandWare, Inc., a leading developer ofhandheld solutions has been awarded Smallbiztechnology.com's prestigious BEST of PC EXPO 2001 award for Pocket Quicken 2.0.

Each year smallbiztechnology.com analyses hundreds of different hardware and software products and selects the best technology for small businesses, showcased at PC Expo.

"We are especially pleased to have won this distinction as it validates all the hard work we have put into making Pocket Quicken 2.0 the best mobile financial application available for Quicken owners today" said Clinton Logan, VP Development at LandWare Inc. "The feedback and reviews we have been receiving from end users and the media have been extremely gratifying for all of us at Landware."

LandWare will be demonstrating Pocket Quicken 2.0 in Booth #3722 at PC Expo as part of the Palm Pavilion. Additional details about Pocket Quicken and other LandWare solutions are available at http://www.landware.com. More information about smallbiztechnology.com is available at http://www.smallbiztechnology.com

Smallbiztechnology.com
    B E S T - O F - P C E X P O 2001

LandWare @ http://www.landware.com
    Pocket Quicken 2.0

Landware's Pocket Quicken enables busy small business owners to access their Quicken data on their Palm OS compatible PDA's. Quicken's millions of small businesses who rely on the desktop version of Quicken can now access their crucial financial information from anywhere. Pocket Quicken allows users to make changes, transfer money, pay money, and deposit money and then synchronize the transactions and activities to their desktop version of Quicken.

As a small business owner myself it's not always convenient to go to my PC to see the status of my accounts. Being able to access and edit this data on my Handspring Visor will be a great time saver.
    <><
    Congratulations to Clinton and the LandWare crew.

But I have to ask...where should I lodge bug reports and enhancement requests?
    Originally posted by Jon Etkins
    Congratulations to Clinton and the LandWare crew.

But I have to ask...where should I lodge bug reports and enhancement requests?
    just email support@landware.com with the appropriate subject and they will get directed to the correct person
    Just an FYI/Warning:
    If you purchase your copy of Pocket Quicken from a retailer, make sure it's version 2.0. A new Franklin Covey store just opened, and all of itís PQ are 1.0, and the manager did not know anything about 2.0.

But on a positive note! They are now carrying Handspring products!!!! Hey, does this mean weíre starting to hit main stream???

"If you would not be forgotten, as soon as you are dead and rotten, either write things worth reading, or do things worth the writing." Benjamin Franklin
    Anyone else have problem installing the demo? I am getting an error 6, which claims to be I am using the wrong quicken version. Yet I changed the path during install to the right one. Since I can't figure out where the heck my Q2000 CD is, I can't do a full re-install of quicken, so I seem to be out of luck. Oh well.
    Originally posted by dfinberg
    Anyone else have problem installing the demo? I am getting an error 6, which claims to be I am using the wrong quicken version. Yet I changed the path during install to the right one. Since I can't figure out where the heck my Q2000 CD is, I can't do a full re-install of quicken, so I seem to be out of luck. Oh well.
    The solution to this an a number of other issues can be found at our online help wizard at:

www.landware.com/help

Basically it's a DLL mismatch and all you need to do is rerun the PQ installer

If you are still having difficultes please don't hesitate to call our tech support team at 201 261 7944
    Originally posted by Travis
    Just an FYI/Warning:
    If you purchase your copy of Pocket Quicken from a retailer, make sure it's version 2.0. A new Franklin Covey store just opened, and all of itís PQ are 1.0, and the manager did not know anything about 2.0.

Yes thats correct. Pocket Quicken v2.0 has not been released into retail yet so all the boxes on the shelves are 1.0.

LandWare will however provide anyone that purchased v1.0 after the 5/15 (as long as they kept the dated register receipt)with a free ESD upgrade to 2.0
  12.    #132  
    Originally posted by clintonlogan

Yes thats correct. Pocket Quicken v2.0 has not been released into retail yet so all the boxes on the shelves are 1.0.

LandWare will however provide anyone that purchased v1.0 after the 5/15 (as long as they kept the dated register receipt)with a free ESD upgrade to 2.0
    Clintonlogan, sorry, but I don't know what an ESD upgrade is.
    <><
    Originally posted by LanMan

Clintonlogan, sorry, but I don't know what an ESD upgrade is.
    ESD = Electronic Software Distribution i.e. The upgrade is downloaded from our site and not a physical replacement of the CD.

Sorry I really should stop using these TLAs ...
    (Three Letter Acronyms) :-)
    How is the macintosh version of PocketQuicken 2.0 coming along? I know a TON of mac users who would LOVE to have this!! Including myself! I went to Landware's site and saw that it wasn't available yet and I really want to upgrade from 1.0 to 2.0! Also, when Palm Desktop is available for Mac OSX, will the PocketQuicken Conduit be able to work under OSX and or will they develop one? Whew.. A whole lot of questions and I hope someone knows an answer!

Oh yeah, as for something I'd really like to see on PQ... STOCKS!!! I'd love to have my portfolio information and have that synch with current prices online. That way, I don't have to make a bunch of portfolios through avantgo that don't conincide with the features of Desktop Quicken. I'd love to have running averages, highs/lows, split info, charts, and when I added to and sold my holdings!
    Originally posted by MikeD
    How is the macintosh version of PocketQuicken 2.0 coming along?
    Don't worry we are working on it. One of the challenges is how to deal with some of the features that are not supported on the Mac version of Quicken (ie foreign currencies) etc. We are also making some changes to the desktop app to better support PQ product and this is not a 5 minute job unfortunately. However as a mac users ourselves(PQ was developed on a Mac PB G3) we are committed to supporting the Platform.

Also, when Palm Desktop is available for Mac OSX, will the PocketQuicken Conduit be able to work under OSX and or will they develop one?
    As long as the Palm updated the PalmDesktop to support OS X (I don't have a timeline for this sorry) we will support it.

I too cannot wait to switch to OS X. I just need the (portable) hardware and a few of my core apps to catch up with the OS before I make the move.

Oh yeah, as for something I'd really like to see on PQ... STOCKS!!!
    I agree this would be nice to have and it has been on my list for awhile. I think it would make more sense as an integrated plug in module as not everyone would want to have an extra 90-100K added to PQ to provide stock tracking.

In any case the key issue for us is that we are limited in what data we can transfer *seamlessly* given the current desktop architecture.

Pocket Quicken owners expect to be able to transfer information to and from quicken with a single press of the hotsync button, without the need for intermediate QIF files.

One of the reasons why it took so long to provide a lot of the 2.0 features (including the ability to download transactions) is that it required changes deep in the desktop Quicken engine room.

hope this helps

clinton
    when are you going to implement a Microsoft Money solution?

God knows, UltraSoft hasn't done anything in long time.
    Originally posted by timmins
    when are you going to implement a Microsoft Money solution?

Providing support for the MS Money product is something that is already done really well by the UltraSoft product . We are simply focusing all our energy on providing the best product for Quicken owners.

God knows, UltraSoft hasn't done anything in long time.
    The fact that UltraSoft don't post a new version of their app every two days shouldn't be viewed as a negative thing. It's a solid well rounded product already. I'm sure you will see something from them when the next version has spent enough time in the oven.

Authors that release a new version of their app every 5 minutes might appear to be super responsive, but I'm not convinced they are doing their installed base any favours in the long run (unless its a fix for a really nasty bug).

I know I'm treading on thin ice here as the above comment has all the hallmarks of starting a religious war :-)
    It's been awhile... But I was wondering if Pocket Quicken 2.0 will soon be mac compatible. I've been waiting so long to upgrade i can't take it!!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567