Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Originally posted by Jon Etkins
    Wow, what an improvement. Great job, guys.

I do have one minor niggle, though: If I start a new transaction by entering the payee name, Quickfill presents me with a suggested payee based on my first character, but the shift mode is enabled, so that the second character becomes uppercase too.
    Yes this is a bug that is exhibited in some versions of the PalmOS only. We will fix it in PQ2.1

BTW It only occurs if you are generating a new transaction directly from the list view. If you create a new transaction first and then use autofill it should work correctly.

Glad you like the app and I hope this helps
    Originally posted by javabird

For Mac owners, the website says, "New purchase includes free ESD upgrade to 2.0." What's an ESD upgrade?
    ESD = Electronic Software delivery.

If you would like a physical box and manual then there will be a small (as yet undetermined) charge for this.

Sorry we geeks tend to use these TLAs (Three Letter Acronyms) like water
  3.    #103  
    Here is another quick peek at PQ2 @ Palminfocenter w/comments from Logan:

http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_S...ODE=FLAT#14293
    <><
    I received two emails from Landware this afternoon, both with the exact same timestamp. The first said that they had been unable to find me in their system as a registered Pocket Quicken user and asked me to send documentation via snail mail. But the second simply said "thanks for purchasing, here's your unlock code"!

So it looks like their system has a few wrinkles that need ironing out. I still have no idea if I'm registered or not, because I don't know which of these two emails was incorrectly generated. I'm happily using an unlocked version of 2.0 now, but will I strike problems down the track when the next release comes out? Who knows.

Oh and BTW, clintonlogan: I was singularly unimpressed that the rejection message quoted all my address and credit card details that I had entered into your secure web form. I'm not real happy about that information being transmitted in plaintext email.
    I received two emails from Landware this afternoon, both with the exact same timestamp. The first said that they had been unable to find me in their system as a registered Pocket Quicken user and asked me to send documentation via snail mail. But the second simply said "thanks for purchasing, here's your unlock code"!

Oh and BTW, clintonlogan: I was singularly unimpressed that the rejection message quoted all my address and credit card details that I had entered into your secure web form. I'm not real happy about that information being transmitted in plaintext email.
    I just checked with our sales team and this was an unfortunate "lack of coffee/too many PQ orders" mistake and they apologize for this.

I have ensured that you are correctly registered in our system here and there will be no complications with future updates/support for you.

Thanks for the support.
    Originally posted by clintonlogan
    I have ensured that you are correctly registered in our system here and there will be no complications with future updates/support for you.
    Thanks for that. Though I would also suggest that you alter the template used for those documentation request emails, to omit or mask the sensitive information. Or was that also due to operator error?

Cheers.
    Thanks for that. Though I would also suggest that you alter the template used for those documentation request emails, to omit or mask the sensitive information. Or was that also due to operator error?

Cheers.
    That was also driver error Im afraid. Actually the person concerned really apologized for this as they normally take great care ensuring this sort of info is not compromised.

clinton
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I usually stay in lurk mode, but I've been a Quicken user since DOS days and can't resist speaking up about PQ 2.0.

I downloaded the earlier version for a trial several weeks ago and was extremely disappointed. As much as I am addicted to Quicken, I couldn't see any justification for having it on my Prism because it was so bare bones. I doubt I would have paid 9.95 for it, let alone the Landware price (was it really 39.95 or is my memory playing tricks on me). After seeing this thread start up a few weeks ago and seeing the propaganda on the Landware site, I was really looking forward to seeing 2.0 released.

I downloaded the trial version yesterday as soon as I saw it was available. WOW! WOW! WOW! This a a masterpiece! I've been trying to find transactions all day just so that I can enter them. I've caught up all of my fringe accounts. I've synched and resynched. What a great little program and I can't believe how little space it takes up with the info that I now have at my fingertips. I put a full year's transactions from 38 accounts and it only takes up about 220k. That just doesn't seem possible, especially since my desktop quicken backup files take up about 9 megs. There has to be some kind of magic at work here.

My only complaint is the price. I'm going to pay it, but I'm an addict and can't help it. It does bother me to pay as much or more for PQ than for the desktop version though. I would love to see Quicken 2002 Super Deluxe with PQ bundled some day.

Anyway - Thanks Clinton and the Landware team that worked on this. It looks like I will be having a Landware transaction to enter very soon.

Rick
  9.    #109  
    alag8r, I can sympathize with your thoughts that you paid more for PQ2 than Quicken Basic desktop. Here is my justification for the price. I have let my desktop Quicken sit for over a year untouched. Why? Because I was always collecting a month or more worth of receipts in pockets, brief case, book bag, lunch bag, glove box, and wherever else I could find to keep them. I would go nuts if I lost a receipt for a .60-cent candy bar or a fill up. Then at the end of the month, or whenever I could bring myself to face the pile, I would collate, enter, and trash the receipts. This process became so cumbersome that I gave up. I believe that this little jewel will be worth twice the price of the desktop version, because I can enter the transaction on the spot and loose the receipts. That seems like Nirvana to me. Pocket Quicken is the function that attracted me to Palm computers in the first place. Itís simply a killer app. An additional bonus is that it doesnít have M$ attached to itís name.
    <><
    alag8r -

I had a huge issue with the price (as you can see earlier in this thread). I downloaded the PQ2 demo and all I can say is "Wow." Needless to say, I have been eating crow for the past two days. I gave Toby a lot of lip about paying that much for software (sorry, Toby ). I have to say that it's very well worth it. I haven't been using PQ as long as many others here, but I can totally see it becoming the most useful app on my Visor. Here's the way I justify it for myself: I work in a profession where I bill my time to clients. When I look at all the time (and headaches) I will save because of this little application and compare it with the amount of extra time that I will have that I could spend working and billing, I could actually make money by using it. Pathetic, I know, but it makes me feel better about it.
    Originally posted by MoKoni
    I had a huge issue with the price (as you can see earlier in this thread). I downloaded the PQ2 demo and all I can say is "Wow." Needless to say, I have been eating crow for the past two days. I gave Toby a lot of lip about paying that much for software (sorry, Toby ).
    No biggie. The proof is in the puddin'. It only took a few minutes for me to decide it was worth the upgrade once I tried it.

I have to say that it's very well worth it. I haven't been using PQ as long as many others here, but I can totally see it becoming the most useful app on my Visor.
    Well, I think length of use had a lot to do with our differing opinions as well. I had been using v1.01 for long enough to feel that I already extracted my ROI, and the upgrade price was trivial.

Here's the way I justify it for myself: I work in a profession where I bill my time to clients. When I look at all the time (and headaches) I will save because of this little application and compare it with the amount of extra time that I will have that I could spend working and billing, I could actually make money by using it. Pathetic, I know, but it makes me feel better about it.
    Whatever gets you through the night.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Originally posted by alag8r
    What a great little program and I can't believe how little space it takes up with the info that I now have at my fingertips. I put a full year's transactions from 38 accounts and it only takes up about 220k. That just doesn't seem possible, especially since my desktop quicken backup files take up about 9 megs. There has to be some kind of magic at work here.
    Rick
    Thanks I'm really glad you like it. No magic is involved just *alot* of weekends spend indoors :-)

We did place considerable effort into ensuring PQ could manage *large* amounts of financial activity effectively. We have a copy here in our QA labs running with over 18,000 transactions and 150 accounts.

Its almost time for me to go outside and play....
    Originally posted by clintonlogan
    We have a copy here in our QA labs running with over 18,000 transactions and 150 accounts.
    How much space does that information take up?
    Originally posted by creole

How much space does that information take up?
    It is a little dependant on what constitutes an "average" transaction but in our case it took up around 1500K. I think this represented the equivalent of about 12-15 years worth of financial activity. Not something the average person would probably carry about with them, however it was important to support this as some of our customers are not "average" :-)
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    My compliments to the chef!!! I was a PQ 1.0 user and stopped using it. Some of the valuable things to me were
    being able see ALL accounts and having ALL account details, notes, etc. Now with PQ 2, those things are available.

Great job!!!

Now I just hope that a match was made on the upgrade info I sent in last night, and that I get my 'unlock' code soon.
    This question is to Clintologan, could you please tell me why they stopped at 10 split transactions, when I put in my paycheck, I have several more than ten I need to enter. When I hotsnyc, and look in my checking register on my handheld it shows all of them. My question is why can't it be more than ten split transactions?
    hey mark,

maybe offline or here... can you tell me how you use splits to your advantage? I don't use them but know they have to serve a higher purpose.

you can email me through VC or write here...

thanks.
    I can't answer for mark, but I use the split option for budgeting. Say I go to walmart to buy some groceries and happen to see a CD I want, and a new game, and a new bike helmet and a new car sterio. Well, if i write a check for that (hopefully it won't bounce ) and lump it all under groceries, my grocery budget is shot for the next year or so. If on the other hand, I split it up into categories, say groceries, entertainment, sports, computer, I can keep my budget in line and get an accurate report on how much I spent on specific categories.

And speaking of reports, sounds like a good feature to add to PQ3 (especially if it supports a print-from-palm program).

Hope this helps.

- Burns

p.s. just to stay in topic, I've already upgraded and I'm extremely impressed, especially with the on-palm budgeting option.
    Check out my page on Visors:
    Burn's Visor page
    Timmins, when I use Quicken Deluxe 2001, I enter my paycheck, I enter split transactions so I can put a tax file to it so I can import them directly into TurboTax at the end of the year. I can start my taxes before I recieve my W-2's, so when I get my W-2'S I can file them.
    Originally posted by markls42
    This question is to Clintologan, could you please tell me why they stopped at 10 split transactions
    Blame me for that current limitation. I intend to increase it in v2.1

Increasing to Quicken's limit of 30 could be a challenge, however I would be interested in hearing if 15 would be sufficient for people. Feel free to email me directly with your votes.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast