Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Originally posted by Toby

What exactly is different about the calendar information that isn't already in Pocket Quicken (scheduled transaction info, maybe)? Perhaps I'm not using mine in a very complicated manner, but that's the only thing I can think of which shows up on mine that isn't in PQ at the 1.x level.
    The difference is that we simply cannot programatically extract it from the quicken database given the current quicken architecture. We would need to make alterations to the quicken application itself to obtain this info.
    Originally posted by clintonlogan
    The difference is that we simply cannot programatically extract it from the quicken database given the current quicken architecture. We would need to make alterations to the quicken application itself to obtain this info.
    Are you saying that the calendar information is another copy of the information that's already elsewhere in the data? This seems unnecessarily redundant on the part of Intuit if this is accurate.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Originally posted by Toby

Are you saying that the calendar information is another copy of the information that's already elsewhere in the data? This seems unnecessarily redundant on the part of Intuit if this is accurate.
    I cannot comment on Intuit's internal datastructures however the scheduling information is not made available to Pocket Quicken at this stage.
    Clinton...

I added a credit card to my accounts list last night. I just synced and it's not showing up. Is this a "feture" of PQ1 If so, will that be fixed in PQ 2? I would like to be ble to monitor my credit card as well as my checking and saving accounts.
    Originally posted by creole
    Clinton...

I added a credit card to my accounts list last night. I just synced and it's not showing up. Is this a "feture" of PQ1 If so, will that be fixed in PQ 2? I would like to be ble to monitor my credit card as well as my checking and saving accounts.
    Yes, it's a feature - you can select whether of not you want all your account details downloaded to the Visor on every hotsync. Since your accounts seldom change, there's little point in exchanging that information on every sync; to enable it for one sync only, you simply need to enable it in the conduit settings on your PC.
    Originally posted by LanMan
    Clintonlogan, I purchased PQ1 from CompUSA after May 15th. Will I receive a CD in the mail for PQ2? If not, how do I go about getting PQ2 on CD?

PQ2.0 will be available on CD at the end of the month. You need to specify you would like the CD version sent to you when you upgrade. In the meantime you will still be able to download and use the ESD version.

BTW: How was the movie?
    oh don't get me started... 2001: a space odyssey projected onto a cinerama screen was a religious experience for me. I was fortunate enough to be seated in the cinematic "sweet spot" so the widescreen stretched almost to the extent of my peripheral vision. Total immersive experience so it felt like you were sitting on one of the red Djinn chairs in the space station passively observing Dr Floyd walk by. Spine tingling stuff for the kubrickian fanatic. I had a good chat to the projectionists afterward and it looks like the 70mm print might not be shown in the US so I was glad I made the journey to see the "ultimate trip".

Anyway sorry about the off topic use of space. I will probably post a full 2001 report in the appropriate place once we get PQ out the door.
    I cannot comment on Intuit's internal datastructures however the scheduling information is not made available to Pocket Quicken at this stage.
    OK, now we're getting somewhere hopefully. If the scheduled transactions are not available, then I can see how you couldn't include them. While I can see this reducing the usefulness of a calendar view, I can't see how it makes it infeasible as an alternate view for the data that PQ does have (although screen real estate would seem to be a non-trivial issue WRT this). IOW, when I view my calendar in Quicken, it shows me scheduled transactions, but it also shows me all of the transactions in my register (which I find useful for budget and historical purposes).
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Clinton...

Just be sure to post here when PQ2 is out and ready. I want it as soon as it's available, I can wait for the CD version to come later.
    Clinton...

Just be sure to post here when PQ2 is out and ready. I want it as soon as it's available, I can wait for the CD version to come later.
    [AOL]Me too![/AOL]
    Clinton...

Pocket Quicken 2.0 can be downloaded at www.landware.com as of 3 minutes ago.

Enjoy!

Pocket Quicken 2.0 can be downloaded at www.landware.com as of 3 minutes ago.

Enjoy!
    How do we get it at the upgrade price?
    Bill Harrison
    Originally posted by mister.bill

How do we get it at the upgrade price?
    full details at:

http://www.landware.com/pocketquicken/upgradewizard2/

hope this helps
    woohoo!...first download.

Will this keep the serial number? Or will I have to re-input it?
    I have downloaded it and it went very smoothly. So far this looks exactly like what I thought version 1 was going to be. It downloaded hundreds of records and uses a fairly small amount of memory. I wish I had a color Visor.
    Downloaded and installed. Now to spend a few hours tinkering with all the new features and setting it up the way I want it.

I guess I'll find out in a day or so whether I am/was a registered user of 1.0 - I presume I'll either get a registration code or a "please provide more information" via email.

Oh, BTW clintonlogan, the upgrade process didn't specifically allow for my situation - it asked if I had bought 1.0 directly from Landware (no), if I had downloaded it or received it via email (no) or if I had a CD (no). I have/had it on diskette. I chose the "I have it on CD" option, which seemed to be the closest fit.
  16.    #96  
    Clintonlogan, who will be the first out the door with a review of the PQ2 product?
    <><
    Originally posted by LanMan
    Clintonlogan, who will be the first out the door with a review of the PQ2 product?
    www.brighthand.com have had a review online for about a week now.

you can see it at:

http://www.brighthand.com/html/palmo.../pq_page1.html
  18.    #98  

www.brighthand.com have had a review online for about a week now.

you can see it at:

http://www.brighthand.com/html/palmo.../pq_page1.html
    I should have guessed that Brighthand would release the first PQ2 review. They have covered LandWare better than anyone. Thanks.

BTW: When are we going to see that 2001 SO review? It's not like you have anything to do, like a new product release or anything.
    <><
    Wow, what an improvement. Great job, guys.

I do have one minor niggle, though: If I start a new transaction by entering the payee name, Quickfill presents me with a suggested payee based on my first character, but the shift mode is enabled, so that the second character becomes uppercase too. For example, I want to create a new payment to Willy. I stroke W and the Edit New Transaction screen pops up primed with Wonka from a previous memorized transaction. Now when I stroke I, I get WI, and have to manually delete and re-enter the I unless I want the payee to wind up as WIlly. Automatic capitalization is useful if the field is empty, but when it's pre-filled like this, it can be a PITA.

Actually I just checked, and it exhibits the same behaviour even if the first character doesen't match any memorized transaction - keying in "Xavier" results in "XAvier."

But apart from that minor niggle/suggestion for 2.01, I'm loving Pocket Quicken 2.0.

full details at:

http://www.landware.com/pocketquicken/upgradewizard2/

hope this helps
    For Mac owners, the website says, "New purchase includes free ESD upgrade to 2.0." What's an ESD upgrade?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast