Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    PQ2 exhaustive list of enhancements:

Improved Account Support

*No limitation on the number of accounts supported
    *Hidden accounts now supported
    *Foreign currency accounts now supported
    *Investment accounts now supported (balances only)
    *Current Balance now synchronized
    *Account Description and Notes are are now synchronized
    *Account Institution and Account Number are now synchronized
    *Account Contact and Phone number are now synchronized
    *Last check number is now synchronized
    *HotSync behavior can be specified for individual accounts
    *Default balances (Ending, current, remaining) can be specified for individual accounts
    *Improved account editing/list UI
    *New Account picker supports filtering by account type
    *Improved Account List View
    *Account list can be sorted by name or type
    *Account list can be filtered by account type and/or hidden status
    *Account totals can be summarized by account type
    *Full height scroll bar added
    *Single tap access to Account, Register and Budget views
    *Account list can be configured to display current or ending balance summaries
    *Account list view now supports Transaction autocreate feature
    *Faster scrolling and navigation
    *Tap and hold for instant access to account details/balances and notes

Improved Desktop Synchronization

*Historical Transactions are now transferred from the desktop TO the handheld
    *Memorized Transactions are now transferred from the desktop TO the handheld
    *Currency lists and rates now transferred from the desktop TO the handheld
    *Subcategory hierarchies up to six levels deep are now transferred
    *Synchronization behavior can be specified for individual accounts
    *Synchronization window can be set for Historical and memorized transactions
    *Synchronization settings are now specified/controlled on the handheld

Improved Transaction Editing

*Transaction Ref/Num Field list is now fully editable and supports autofill
    *Transaction uploads can now be delayed or resent to the desktop
    *Creation time is now stored with the transaction
    *Transfer Categories now supported
    *Multi-line Memo editor now provided
    *Amount field features fully integrated popup calculator

Enhanced Split Category editing

*Transactions can now be split 10 ways
    *Split Debits now supported
    *Split editor supports category autofill
    *Split editor features fully integrated popup calculator
    *Enhanced editing capabilities (single/multi split deletion etc)
    *Supports split transfers to other accounts
    *Memos can be attached to each split item

Improved Transaction Register

*Register can now be sorted by Date (creation time), *Amount, Payee or Cleared Status
    *Configurable balance options (Ending, Current or Remaining credit)
    *Icon based "new transaction" type picker
    *Improved Account picker (allows filtering by account type)
    *Fast tap and hold navigation to first, last, today's and arbitrarily dated transactions
    *Cleared status now (optionally) displayed
    *Transaction Sync status now displayed (bold date)
    *Full height scroll bar added
    *Single tap access to Account, Register and Budget views
    *Faster scrolling and navigation
    *Vastly improved performance with large (2000+) numbers of transactions

Improved Category Support

*Transfer categories now supported
    *Unlimited number of sub categories
    *Supports subcategory hierarchies up to six levels deep
    *Category selected on initial list selection (saves 1 stylus tap)

Enhanced Support for Memorized Transactions

*Memorized transactions are now transferred from the desktop to the handheld
    *Max Number of memorized transactions increased to 2000
    *Locked Memorized transactions now supported
    *Transaction category can now be hidden in memorized list picker

Foreign Currency Support

*Currency lists and rates now transferred from the desktop to the handheld
    *Home currency is now transferred from the desktop to the handheld
    *Currency shortcut keys/characters supported
    *Foreign currency Accounts are now supported
    *Foreign currency Transactions now supported
    *Custom "one off" exchange rates can be specified

Budgeting

*Monthly spending limits can be attached to any category or subcategory
    *Track an unlimited number of budgets
    *Instant overviews of spending for current/last month, current quarter and year
    *Compare current month with previous months spending
    *Filter budgets by Expense and Income type using a single tap
    *Single tap addition of new transactions to any budget item

Improved Security

*Pocket Quicken auto locks itself on power off when PIN is assigned
    *PIN number is now masked during entry
    *Account numbers can be optionally hidden

Fully Integrated Calculator

*Numerical entry fields provide one tap access to a fully integrated calculator
    *Features 12 built-in functions including percentages
    *Continuous memory

Color/Grayscale Support

*Overdrawn account names displayed in red in the Accounts window
    *Alternate Register rows now shaded
    *Alternate Account list rows now underlined in gray
    *Postdated transactions drawn in blue
    *Negative balances drawn in red
    *Color icon based transaction type menu

Last edited by LanMan; 05/31/2001 at 04:53 PM.
    <><
    Pocket Quicken has always been one of my most practical, daily used apps. Pocket quicken was one of the compelling reasons for me to move to a pda. I actually got rid of my check register in my wallet, attached velcro to the back of my Prism and there it sits, ready for entry whevever I whip out my wallet.... Many times a day for my family.

NOW the new version will work better and 'look' great in C O L O R on my PRISM.

re: the cost
    -have you seen the thread where people ACTUALLY confess the $$$ they have spent on their pda. I put down $550, and like everyone else on that thread, when I saw more posts, I thought, yeah I've got that, oh, and that , and that.
    I would have re-submitted my correct total but I can't count that high and don't have the new 2.0quicken yet! Plus there is this neat spot I like to hang out called 'denial'.
    "I cannot live without books." Thomas Jefferson
    How will the upgrade procedure work for those of us currently using 1.0? I installed it many moons ago, and have absolutely NO idea where the diskette (which has my registration number on it) might be these days, if the dog didn't chew it up some time ago.
    How will the upgrade procedure work for those of us currently using 1.0? I installed it many moons ago, and have absolutely NO idea where the diskette (which has my registration number on it) might be these days, if the dog didn't chew it up some time ago.
    Originally posted by Jon Etkins
    Hmmm...interesting question. I never even had a disk with a registration number. OTOH, I ordered directly through Landware online, so I know they have me in their database as a registered user.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Does Pocket Quicken allow the user access to information stored in the Quicken Calendar? For example, if I were to log my phone bill as due on a specific date when the bill is due, can I retrieve this information in Pocket Quicken?

Thanks.
    Originally posted by gordons_m
    Does Pocket Quicken allow the user access to information stored in the Quicken Calendar? For example, if I were to log my phone bill as due on a specific date when the bill is due, can I retrieve this information in Pocket Quicken?
    FWIW, the Quicken calendar is just another conglomerate 'view' of existing information in your data file. It doesn't store any information of its own from what I can tell, so I can't see how this wouldn't be possible (although I've no idea if it's actually implemented). Maybe you should email Landware and they could give you a better idea. Nobody here is likely to have that answer yet (or they will and won't be able to tell you because of beta NDAs) since the final version isn't released yet AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Originally posted by Toby
    Maybe you should email Landware and they could give you a better idea. Nobody here is likely to have that answer yet (or they will and won't be able to tell you because of beta NDAs) since the final version isn't released yet AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
    Yeah...One of the owners Clinton Logan comes here frequently to answer questions. He is extremely helpful. However, I think he is on vacation right now.
  9.    #69  
    Okay, Landware. It's the first week of June. I want my PQ2!
    <><
    Just putting the finishing touches on it now. Hope to have it available Wednesday.

I will let you know when its available for download
    Will Pocket Quicken work with versions of Quicken other than the US version? I notice in the description for version 1.0 that it only works with the American version of Quicken. I found this very strange.
    Originally posted by yardie
    Will Pocket Quicken work with versions of Quicken other than the US version? I notice in the description for version 1.0 that it only works with the American version of Quicken. I found this very strange.
    Unfortunately at this stage Pocket Quicken 2.0 still requires the US or Canadian version of Quicken.

I know I can hear the groans from hear :-)

The UK version of Quicken represents a different code base developed by a completely separate development team and unfortunately differs slightly at the engine room level. The fix required to provide Pocket Quicken compatibility is something that can only be done by the UK Quicken team and not by us here at LandWare.

We where really hoping that Intuit UK could have facilitated this fix for the initial 2.0 release but this was not to be. Please believe me when I say that LandWare is trying hard to get them roll in this compatibility fix as soon as possible.
    Originally posted by LanMan
    Clintonlogan, is PQ2 still on target for a June release?

Clintonlogan, can we export data from PQ2 to a file or just directly into Quicken?
    yes first week of june.

One of the key features of Pocket Quicken is its seamless connectivity with Quicken and we continue that tradition with 2.0. Presently there is no way of export data to an external QIF file. There are plenty of other apps around that do that.

hope this helps
    Originally posted by clintonlogan
    The UK version of Quicken represents a different code base developed by a completely separate development team and unfortunately differs slightly at the engine room level. The fix required to provide Pocket Quicken compatibility is something that can only be done by the UK Quicken team and not by us here at LandWare.
    What about the Australian version? I'm in the US these days so it doesn't effect me directly, but I'm sure my countrymen would like to know.
    We will be posting a "upgrade wizard" on our site in the next few days which will help answer your question.

Basically all REGISTERED owners are eligible for special upgrade pricing.

You are registered if you either:

1. Purchased directly from landware
    2. Mailed in the registration card
    3. Purchased from palm gear/handhango and sent us the confirmation email.

If you don't fall into one on of these groups you will need to send in physical proof of ownership (ie reg card, manual, disk etc)

hope this helps

What about the Australian version? I'm in the US these days so it doesn't effect me directly, but I'm sure my countrymen would like to know.
    Being a New Zealander I would love to provide my neighbours with Pocket Quicken but Im afraid the same situation applies.

"sorry mate"
    Originally posted by gordons_m

Thanks.
    No. One of the major design criteria governing PQ2.0 was to maintain compatibility with older versions of Quicken (back to Q99). In order to achieve this we where restricted in what information we could exchange *seamlessly* with Quicken. Unfortunately this meant we couldn't transfer budgets, investment account transactions and calendar information.

Moving forward in v2.5 and 3.0 etc you will see PQ exchanging more and more info with quicken, however to obtain that functionality will require upgrading the desktop version.
    You are registered if you either:

1. Purchased directly from landware
    2. Mailed in the registration card
    3. Purchased from palm gear/handhango and sent us the confirmation email.

If you don't fall into one on of these groups you will need to send in physical proof of ownership (ie reg card, manual, disk etc)
    That's cool. I have no idea where the diskette is, but I do have the box and manual, and I'm pretty sure I sent in my registration card. Thanks.
  19.    #79  
    Clintonlogan, I purchased PQ1 from CompUSA after May 15th. Will I receive a CD in the mail for PQ2? If not, how do I go about getting PQ2 on CD?

BTW: How was the movie?
    <><
    [...] Unfortunately this meant we couldn't transfer budgets, investment account transactions and calendar information. [...]
    What exactly is different about the calendar information that isn't already in Pocket Quicken (scheduled transaction info, maybe)? Perhaps I'm not using mine in a very complicated manner, but that's the only thing I can think of which shows up on mine that isn't in PQ at the 1.x level.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast