Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Originally posted by MoKoni
    Toby, the reason why software companies can charge so much for their products is because people like you will pay any price regardless of how absurd it is.
    You Are Wrong®. For the amount of utility I've derived from Pocket Quicken, it is far from absurd to have paid $39.95 for it. If it's not worth that much to you, then you are free to not use it. This animosity is really misplaced.

I hope you enjoy your upgrade and your $55 piece of software.
    Well, I likely will enjoy my update, but it won't be a $55 piece of software, since I've already had the value of the previous version. If I've been using TurboTax for the past 5 years, does that mean that when I buy next year's copy that it'll be a $240 tax program?
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Originally posted by clintonlogan
    Actually you should have got this for FREE. Who ever sold it to you for $18 is ripping you and LandWare off. You will notice on the bottom of the packaging it will say "not for individual resale".
    You really should read a bit more closely. They were discussing Quicken 2001 Deluxe. Landware wouldn't have lost anything from this. That type of package sounds like the versions that my bank or credit card companies send to me free from time to time (I've gotten Quicken 98, 2000, and 2001 that way, although 2000 was sent to me after I had already purchased an upgrade from Intuit).
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  3.    #43  
    Clintonlogan, since you are hanging around, I thought I would ask a question. Will PQ 2.0 still support Quicken 2K or will I need to upgrade to Q2K1?

I noticed that CompUSA has PQ 1.x on sale for $30 this week. Will you still honor the free upgrade to PQ2 if PQ1 was purchased on sale?

Thanks
    <><
    Originally posted by Toby

You really should read a bit more closely. They were discussing Quicken 2001 Deluxe. Landware wouldn't have lost anything from this. That type of package sounds like the versions that my bank or credit card companies send to me free from time to time (I've gotten Quicken 98, 2000, and 2001 that way, although 2000 was sent to me after I had already purchased an upgrade from Intuit).
    From my perspective the statement was a little ambiguous, but you are right I should have pondered it a little longer. In any case we have had some issues with some resellers unpackaging the bundled OEM version of Pocket Quicken and reselling it for as low as $7.95 to consumers. I just wanted to ensure he didn't pay for something we was entitled to for free.
    Originally posted by LanMan
    Clintonlogan, since you are hanging around, I thought I would ask a question. Will PQ 2.0 still support Quicken 2K or will I need to upgrade to Q2K1?

I noticed that CompUSA has PQ 1.x on sale for $30 this week. Will you still honor the free upgrade to PQ2 if PQ1 was purchased on sale?

Thanks
    We worked hard to ensure PQ 2.0 will remain compatable with Quicken 99 and later.

We will honour all retail purchases made after May 15th as long as you keep the til receipt.
  6.    #46  
    Clintonlogan, I know that this seems strange asking on this board, but will PQ2 take advantage of the new HandEra hi-res screen in landscape mode?

That is a terrific feature for financial software such as PQ2!
    <><
    Clintonlogan, I know that this seems strange asking on this board, but will PQ2 take advantage of the new HandEra hi-res screen in landscape mode?

That is a terrific feature for financial software such as PQ2!
    Not out of the gate but we will add increased support for HandEra's unique features in followup upgrades.
  8.    #48  
    Clintonlogan, thanks for the QUICK replys. Landware always seems to produce high quality products. Count me in for PQ2! Also, thanks for looking into the HandEra. I think the 330 will be a new standard for business professionals. The landscape mode makes it especially appealing for eDocs, spreadsheets, and financial apps! i.e. PQ2

Would you share a guesstimate about when HE330 support might be released? Pleasssseee.
    Last edited by LanMan; 05/21/2001 at 10:43 AM.
    <><
    Clintonlogan, thanks for the QUICK replys. Landware always seems to produce high quality products.
    No problem and thanks. I know PQ 2.0 has been a long time coming but I'm confident that Pocket Quickeneers will think it has been worth the wait. (Kind of like a Kubrick movie :-))

[i] I think the 330 will be a new standard for business professionals. The landscape mode makes it especially appealing for eDocs, spreadsheets, and financial apps! i.e. PQ2 [/B]
    Is a compelling device and as soon as we can get our hands on one we will look into ways we can support it.
  10.    #50  
    Clintonlogan, I picked up a copy of PQ1 at CompUSA last night. How do I go about registering it to ensure that I am upgraded to PQ2 when released?

Will PQ2 have a reconciliation feature? I would like to check-off checks as they arrive rather than waiting until the end of the month. If it does not do full reconciles, can one at least mark checks as returned or not? I notice that page 4 of 9 of your demo shows a register with "C's" and "R's" next to the payee. Perhaps this shows the payments reconciliation phase?

When are we going to start seeing some reviews released for PQ2? I'm looking forward to them!

Thanks
    Last edited by LanMan; 05/22/2001 at 10:24 AM.
    <><
    Clintonlogan, I picked up a copy of PQ1 at CompUSA last night. How do I go about registering it to ensure that I am upgraded to PQ2 when released?

Simply send/fax in the registration card with the till receipt to us here. mark it attn: sheryl.

Will PQ2 have a reconciliation feature? I would like to check-off checks as they arrive rather than waiting until the end of the month.
    There are still some inherent limitations in Quicken that prevent us from providing the ability to seamlessly reconcile previously entered transactions on the device. You can however reconcile transactions as you enter them.

I notice that page 4 of 9 of your demo shows a register with "C's" and "R's" next to the payee.
    What you can see there is the cleared/reconciled status of transactions that have been downloaded from the desktop. You have quite a bit of flexibility over which transactions you bring down to the handheld.

When are we going to start seeing some reviews released for PQ2? I'm looking forward to them!
    Soon. The program has been seeded to a couple of reviewers. Its really up to them to spare some time to put their thoughts down on "paper"

hope this helps
    Originally posted by gbgood

Pro: very stable.
    Cons: Too stable, Landware has never posted an upgrade in between 1.0 and 2.0.
    This is a wonderful line. I still smile when I read it.

v2.0 is currently being bashed up by over 250 beta testers and will be our most solid "dot oh" release yet. However you can rest assured that there will be a 2.1 and a 2.2 and a 2.3 ;-)
    It still comes out tomorrow, right?

How is the trial going to work? I am an MS Money user, but have yet to create a solid foundation with my financial organizer. I bought UltraSoft. I like it, but I always look for bigger and better.

So, will the trial be 30 days? Will I be able to enter a registration, or will I have to renter (sync) my data into a new version?
    Originally posted by timmins
    It still comes out tomorrow, right?
    It is scheduled for the first week of June.

How is the trial going to work? I am an MS Money user, but have yet to create a solid foundation with my financial organizer. I bought UltraSoft. I like it, but I always look for bigger and better.
    UltraSoft Money is a great app and well suited to Money owners. However to get the most out of the Pocket Quicken demo you will need to be running Quicken 99 or above. It won't work with money. The trial will be a full working copy that operates for 14 days.

Will I be able to enter a registration, or will I have to renter (sync) my data into a new version?
    You can just activate the demo with your unlock code and continue running with the same app.
  15.    #55  
    Clintonlogan, will PQ2 have any API hooks that will allow running the program and/or database from VFS such as the Palm SD and/or the HandEra CF/SD slots? If so will it run with HandEra's AutoCF/AutoCard software or will it require OS 4.0?

Thanks for the updates. Are you posting replies anywhere else? I wouldn't mind dropping in on any other discussion areas that you are visiting. I might pick up on something that I didn't think of.

PQ2 looks like a killer app!
    Last edited by LanMan; 05/22/2001 at 03:01 PM.
    <><
    Will PQ2 have any API hooks that will allow running the program and/or database from VFS
    The app can run on a card. The Quicken data must reside internally at the moment. We are looking into supporting VFS for data in later releases. We have paid very special attention to ensuring transactions take up very little room on the handheld. Approx 90K per 1000 transactions. One person in our office uses about 200K to store over 3 years worth of financial activity on their handheld.

Thanks for the updates. Are you posting replies anywhere else? I wouldn't mind dropping in on any other discussion areas that you are visiting.
    Just here at present. Feel free to ask any questions you like. I will keep an eye on this forum until friday. Then I'm off to the UK to see 2001: a space odyssey on one of the last surviving cinerama screens.

Then I'm off to the UK to see 2001: a space odyssey on one of the last surviving cinerama screens.

I actually downloaded a demo for Quicken 2001. I can tell you the interface isn't the prettiest, but it's finance... I shouldn't have high expectations and money shouldn't make it look like the Sistine Chapel (eeeh... moving on). Where did I read that it would be released on the 23rd, then? Can I be a 7 day beta tester? Heh...
  18.    #58  

I will keep an eye on this forum until friday. Then I'm off to the UK to see 2001: a space odyssey on one of the last surviving cinerama screens.
    Clintonlogan, you jetsetter, you. Are you from the U.K.? There are some quirks in your speech that have the smack of a Brit. i.e. "honour" with a U, "colour" with a U, and "till" instead of register.

Note: I think I found the answer to this question. Not the U.K. but New Zealand, right? Found this in the "first" Brighthand article regarding Landware.

http://www.brighthand.com/html/featu...are_page1.html

How will I recieve my PQ2 upgrade? Will I get package in the mail or will I need to download it from your website? If the upgrade is via download, how do I go about obtaining a CD/user guide for PQ2?

Thanks for keeping us posted, and enjoy the movie!
    Last edited by LanMan; 05/23/2001 at 11:25 AM.
    <><
    What if I don't use Quicken? Are there any exporting features (Comma deliminted, Tab Delimited, etc) that I can use? I really want an app that combines budget & account transactions on the palm, so PQ2 would be killer...

any comments on the usefullness w/out quicken?
  20.    #60  
    Clintonlogan, is PQ2 still on target for a June release?

dietrichbohn, I don't know of PQ having the ability to "export" to a file format. It is popular because it has a direct interface to the desktop Quicken. However, that may be a feature in PQ2.

Clintonlogan, can we export data from PQ2 to a file or just directly into Quicken?
    <><
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast