Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Anybody notice that in their tour they show a Palm V with a color screen? Check it out here.
    Mike
    I'd rather be upside down in my kayak than rightside up at my desk.
    photoshop work. we all know that the 505 isn't that bright. hehe...
    Originally posted by timmins
    photoshop work. we all know that the 505 isn't that bright. hehe...
    It's not even an m505 though. Look at the buttons. It's a Palm V.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Originally posted by Toby

It's not even an m505 though. Look at the buttons. It's a Palm V.
    That's what I said, it's a Palm V. Look at the buttons, the graffiti area and the power button.
    Mike
    I'd rather be upside down in my kayak than rightside up at my desk.
    Originally posted by Jupe
    That's what I said [...]
    I know. I was corroborating your point.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    I was being overly facetious. We still know Palm can't make the bright of a screen.
    Isn't PocketQuicken 1.0 already around $40? If users purchasing 1.0 after May 15 get a free upgrade to 2.0 when released, how much will non-owners pay? It may be a great program but even $40 is steep for me (I'm on a budget) for something that is not truly essential. I want to know how much 2.0 is going to be (if more) before I shell out any hard earned cash.
    I'm a current PQ user and I will upgrade to PQ2.

* I have not had major problems with my PQ, except for the annoying 1 level split. ie: $100 split-can show as $60 gifts and $40 gifts BUT I need $60 gifts\boyfriend1 and $40 gifts\boyfriend2. So, I'm totally looking forward for that fix.
    * From their entry screen(m505v) it looks like they will have color support. My Vpr and I welcome that as well.
    * $15, that's ok for a product I use 3-5x/day.

Pro: very stable.
    Cons: Too stable, Landware has never posted an upgrade in between 1.0 and 2.0.

note: I have not used ms Money so no comparison opinion.
    "I cannot live without books." Thomas Jefferson
    Yes - PQ (version 1) is $40.00 - I thought it was rather expensive, also, but it is something that is somewhat of a necessity for me. It was said earlier in this thread that registered users can upgrade to v2.0 for $15 (unless you registered after May 15). I registered mine on May 3, which is a real **** me off. So does this mean that v2.0 is going to be $55 for new users? I think that $50 is the cutoff for palm software. I really like PQ, and it sounds like v2.0 is going to be even better, but a line needs to be drawn somewhere. I only paid $110 for my VDx!
    Originally posted by MoKoni
    Yes - PQ (version 1) is $40.00 - I thought it was rather expensive, also, but it is something that is somewhat of a necessity for me.
    It is, for me, the only non-included application which I have which I consider a necessity, so $40 wasn't really too much for me.

It was said earlier in this thread that registered users can upgrade to v2.0 for $15 (unless you registered after May 15). I registered mine on May 3, which is a real **** me off. So does this mean that v2.0 is going to be $55 for new users?
    No, it'll probably be $39.95 just like the existing version is. An upgrade price of $15 isn't that out of line when many of their existing users have probably been getting a lot of utility out of the existing version already.

I think that $50 is the cutoff for palm software. I really like PQ, and it sounds like v2.0 is going to be even better, but a line needs to be drawn somewhere. I only paid $110 for my VDx!
    And instead of realizing that you made a damned good deal, you're going to complain about a fairly reasonable amount for a very useful piece of software?
    You bet I am complaining. Any way you look at it, $40 for PDA software is a lot of money and it's not fairly reasonable. I see that there are a lot of very useful features added, but does that justify an additional $15 upgrade fee for their current users? No way.

I have tried many account tracking programs out there - my favorite by far is Accounts and Loans. Just this week there was an upgrade offered for Accounts and Loans so that it is compatible with Quicken. The reason I am not staying with that program is because it does not sync directly - you have to export/import the data from your Visor. Guess how much Accounts and Loans is? $20. Guess how much the upgrade was? Free. If you check out Accounts and Loans, you will find that quite a few of PQ v2.0's new features are very similar to Accounts and Loans.

If I have to pay $15 for an upgrade, I'll either keep the old version or go back to Accounts and Loans. $55 is outrageous and I won't be partaking in that nonsense.

Quicken 2001 Deluxe is $59.95 (directly from Intuit) - with a $20 mail-in rebate for current users who want to upgrade to 2001. How can Landware justify its prices?
    Last edited by MoKoni; 05/18/2001 at 01:19 PM.
    Originally posted by gbgood
    Cons: Too stable, Landware has never posted an upgrade in between 1.0 and 2.0.
    Actually they have release one upgrade from v1.0 to v1.01.
    You bet I am complaining.
    I can see that.

Any way you look at it, $40 for PDA software is a lot of money and it's not fairly reasonable.
    Then don't pay it. If no one thinks it's worth $39.95, then no one should buy it. Then the company would have to either reduce the price or go out of business. Obviously, there are a significant number of people who _do_ consider it worth that much. If you think it's too much, don't buy it.

I see that there are a lot of very useful features added, but does that justify an additional $15 upgrade fee for their current users? No way.
    Then don't upgrade. I happen to think that it is worth another $15 bucks to get the functionality. I've long gotten my original investment back out of the software.

I have tried many account tracking programs out there - my favorite by far is Accounts and Loans. Just this week there was an upgrade offered for Accounts and Loans so that it is compatible with Quicken. The reason I am not staying with that program is because it does not sync directly - you have to export/import the data from your Visor. Guess how much Accounts and Loans is? $20. Guess how much the upgrade was? Free. If you check out Accounts and Loans, you will find that quite a few of PQ v2.0's new features are very similar to Accounts and Loans.
    Well, then it looks like you have a decision to make. Why don't you complain to the Accounts and Loans people to sync directly with Quicken?

If I have to pay $15 for an upgrade, I'll either keep the old version or go back to Accounts and Loans. $55 is outrageous and I won't be partaking in that nonsense.
    That's your prerogative.

Quicken 2001 Deluxe is $59.95 (directly from Intuit) - with a $20 mail-in rebate for current users who want to upgrade to 2001.
    Yes, and if you want the Quicken 2002, you'll have to fork out another $59.95 and wait for a $20 rebate.

How can Landware justify its prices?
    It's called the free market. If they offer a product at a certain price, people can buy or not buy. If enough people aren't buying for them to make a profit, they either reduce the price until they reach the proper point, or they go out of business.
    Ok, I am a beta tester for PQ 2.0, but I have a mac. I can't seem to find the conduits in the d/l. Or the Palm app for that matter. I have Virtual PC but the beta will not work unless I have the PC version of Quicken. I only have the Mac version. Anyone else out there a beta tester on the Mac side?
    Originally posted by Remotruker
    Ok, I am a beta tester for PQ 2.0, but I have a mac. I can't seem to find the conduits in the d/l. Anyone else out there a beta tester on the Mac side?
    No one in this forum will be able to help you as the Mac conduit does not exist beyond my hard drive. This is discussed in the readme that came with the 2.0 beta.

We recommend you contact us directly at LandWare for these types of requests as outlined in the beta test kit you received.
    Toby, the reason why software companies can charge so much for their products is because people like you will pay any price regardless of how absurd it is. I hope you enjoy your upgrade and your $55 piece of software.
    Quicken 2001 Deluxe is $59.95 (directly from Intuit) - with a $20 mail-in rebate for current users who want to upgrade to 2001. How can Landware justify its prices?
    If you would take a little time on the net you can find it for MUCH cheaper. I got the full version (albiet it was OEM in a slipcase, but fully registerable) for $18.

www.pricewatch.com babeeee
    MoKoni...nobody is making you buy PQ. That is totally up to you. I decided to spend the money because now I can Sync directly with Quicken and ALWAYS know exactly how much money I have available to me at all times.

I don't know if I should say this, but I bought PQ about 2 weeks ago. I emailed the good people at Landware and told them that if I had to pay for an upgrade so close to the 2.0 release that I would just wait until 2.0 came out and pay $40 for that full version.

They were kind enough to give me a free upgrade to 2.0 when it becomes available. That is one of the reasons why I paid $40 for the software. Not only do I get something that makes my life easier to maintain, but I also get SUPERLATIVE customer service. That to me is worth twice the price of the software. Maybe someday you'll realize that cheaper is not always better...
    Originally posted by clintonlogan

No one in this forum will be able to help you as the Mac conduit does not exist beyond my hard drive. This is discussed in the readme that came with the 2.0 beta.

We recommend you contact us directly at LandWare for these types of requests as outlined in the beta test kit you received.
    Wow, not only are you busted for going out of the beta testers agreement, but you are also not getting your Mac conduit until he says so...

How do you like that, thinking that you could discuss beta software in an open forum, AND THE DEVELOPER created a login to scold you. Whoops.
    Originally posted by creole

If you would take a little time on the net you can find it for MUCH cheaper. I got the full version (albiet it was OEM in a slipcase, but fully registerable) for $18.

www.pricewatch.com babeeee
    Actually you should have got this for FREE. Who ever sold it to you for $18 is ripping you and LandWare off. You will notice on the bottom of the packaging it will say "not for individual resale".
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast