1.    #1  
    Hello, I've been a lurker for months and months. This site is awesome in terms of answering questions.

I have a question that I can't seem to find answered anywhere.

I've had my 700P for about 10 months. I've experienced all the problems that everyone else, but in the last week encountered a new one.

All of a sudden, I've lost signal strength in places that I never had a problem before. In my office, I used to have 3 bars. Now the phone will randomly go from "no signal" to 4 bars and back to no signal several times a minute. I checked with Verizon and they have advised me that there is no problems in my area.

I also experienced the same thing in my residence where previously, I had full strength and now it bounces back and forth as well.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is this an issue that can be fixed with a replacement antenna? I've done several soft resets. I wanted to check here before I do a hard reset. I haven't opened the phone up yet.

Anyway, any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Eric. . .
  2.    #2  
    One more thing, because I know the question will come up. . .I have not recently loaded any new third party software.
    If you do searches on here, you'll find a number of examples where a carrier said there was no problem with their transmitters, but when they finally did check it out, there was a problem. Are your office and home near the same tower?
    Dial *228 and press option 2 when prompted. See if that helps. They say you should do that every 2 weeks.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Are your office and home near the same tower?
    No, they are about 25 miles apart. I've noticed it in other places that I frequent that used to have good signal and now have nothing. Other people that have the same carrier, have no signal loss in the exact same locations. The thing that is strange is how can the phone go from zero bars to 4 bars and back without being moved?

To answer the other question, I do the *228 once a week.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I had the exact sane problem . . . verizon fed ex'd a warranty replacement
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    it could be the radio is set to home/automatic, or a new prl changed roaming...
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler