1.    #1  
    Since announcing the slingbox for palm, there has been a countdown on the beta software to register the software. Well the day finally came when I can no longer use the beta version but the official version is not yet available for sale. Anyone else have this problem? I would pay for the beta version as is but that is not an option.
    Mine is working with a new countdown date for purchase. I think it's incredible and am ready to purchase as soon as that becomes available. You might try a hard reset and a renintall?
    pilottreo1
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Me too. I've got a fresh 31 days.
    You scared me with the topic. I thought Sling had discontinued the product or something...
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mal5z View Post
    Me too. I've got a fresh 31 days.
    I was down to 4 days the otherday and then my players calender changed and I got a fresh calender. Before that one ran out it looks like the original countdown forced the expiration. Now I go straight to the registration field which as you know is not for sale yet.
    I have not looked into the sling player for Palm. Do I need the actual slingbox or can I stream video straight from my pc that is connected to my satellite box (using some sort of program, that is)?
    Follow Me On

7.    #7  
    Got to get the box for Sling or else you have to get a tv card and leave your pc on and a whole bunch of other issues with other software solutions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    I have not looked into the sling player for Palm. Do I need the actual slingbox or can I stream video straight from my pc that is connected to my satellite box (using some sort of program, that is)?
    Maybe. Take a look at http://www.orb.com.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    slingplayer/treo700p,is anyone else having this problem?After about 1 hr.of view.my 700p screen darkens,gets warm,quits accepting charge(when connected) and will crash if left on.I can turn it off wait 5-10mins.,play it will be ok then 1hr or so same thing happens.I tried soft/hard reset,tried hard reset adding only sling.os(beta) , made no diff..I remember similar problem with both prior treo 650/700p when on net,playing games,video for extended periods.Apparently the connection is the screen being on for long periods.my sling. setup-Sling.pro,SBC dsl, Netgear wireless rout.,Speedsteam 5100 modem,basic cable(NOT CONNECTED TO TV) sling.software on new HP pavillion lap.,Treo700p,it works ok on laptop!feedback appreiciated,indyalex
    Last edited by indyalex; 04/30/2007 at 11:25 AM. Reason: LEFT OUT INFO>
    I also now have 29 more days and I will purchase it as soon as it is available.
    --------------
    The Judge
    Houston, Tx.
    indyalex: it sounds like your treo is overheating.
    i have a question is the quality like tv or like streaming?
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stayfly View Post
    i have a question is the quality like tv or like streaming?
    quality is dependent on bandwidth...the better the signal / bandwidth the better the picture....with about 200k and 15fps i can *read* the rolling tv guide on the tvguide channel and i can *read* the scroll on cnn/msnbc etc

the most amazing application i have ever used on any platform
    Quote Originally Posted by indyalex View Post
    slingplayer/treo700p,is anyone else having this problem?After about 1 hr.of view.my 700p screen darkens,gets warm,quits accepting charge(when connected) and will crash if left on.I can turn it off wait 5-10mins.,play it will be ok then 1hr or so same thing happens.I tried soft/hard reset,tried hard reset adding only sling.os(beta) , made no diff..I remember similar problem with both prior treo 650/700p when on net,playing games,video for extended periods.Apparently the connection is the screen being on for long periods.my sling. setup-Sling.pro,SBC dsl, Netgear wireless rout.,Speedsteam 5100 modem,basic cable(NOT CONNECTED TO TV) sling.software on new HP pavillion lap.,Treo700p,it works ok on laptop!feedback appreiciated,indyalex
    I have the exact same problem. Additionally, for the past few weeks my Transcend 4gigSD card is not recognized on my Sprint 700p until I do a warm reset. I wonder if it is related to Sling, though many posts elsewhere on this topic [non-recognition of SD card] seem to indicate that it did not begin with Sling. Perhaps it is the overheating.

Anyway, I am hoping the new ROM fix will improve this.
    If a computer crashes in the forest and no one is on-site to download the error log, is the event documentable?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Hi,sorry for not getting back sooner.While it's likely that overheating is caused by lengthy screen use,it's not likely the original problem,it's a symptom of the root cause!About the sd card issue my hunch is they are'nt directly related,I can't say for sure,I've not used anything but a 1g sd with no problem in this area.From what I've gathered Palm won't likely develope a fix anytime soon.on the on the overheat.issue , I assume they have bigger fish to fry or they feel their product was'nt originally designed for such lengthey use,however It's my opinion Palm should because they embedded Kinoma player in the 700p and it will also react the same way after long use.I read Palm claimed there was'nt a significant enough feedback from users complaints to warrant an action-sound familiar? indyalex
    Last edited by indyalex; 06/14/2007 at 11:21 AM. Reason: leht out info..