Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    It may look like they are allowing some rants, but they are deleting anything that points out the obvious.

Here is a post from 04-19-07 that never made the blog:

"Too little too late. I've already made up my mind to abandon Treo entirely for the new HTC micro-laptop phones.

I suspect that Treo service providers deliberately delay or prevent the release of updates to boost sales for new products. In a nutshell, they have no financial incentive to support old products. Support six months in the product life of a cell phone is geriatrics in this fast paced, latest and greatest market climate.

According to the personal secretary to the President of Sprint "The only thing we care about is customers paying their bills on time". This from a conversation I had trying to speak with the President of Sprint regarding their terrible customer service.

I wouldn't be surprised if several carriers were colluding to suppress product support in order to sell more services and more phones. I can see a Senate investigation in the not too distant future. Hold on to your hats."

I think the fact they allowed so many rants, yet buried this one, speaks for itself.
    thats censorship buddy, and that is exactly why I stop posting in forums that censors its contents. Now do not get me wrong, I follow the rules of the forum I am posting in, but if I followed the rules (no profanity, personal attacks, .... etc) and my post gets deleted, I am out!
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l View Post
    ...but if I followed the rules (no profanity, personal attacks, .... etc) and my post gets deleted, I am out!

I can see a Senate investigation in the not too distant future. Hold on to your hats."
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Hi kwilsonjr,

Thanks for this thread - your comment is live. Apologies for the mistake - no explinations or excuses.

Paul Loeffler
    Palm, Inc.
    On a side (but semi-related) note, the original posts listed as posted "by Paul Loeffler" and now they say "by Palm, Inc."

See the google cache.

It's a change worth noting...

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm2401 View Post
    Hi kwilsonjr,

Thanks for this thread - your comment is live. Apologies for the mistake - no explinations or excuses.

Paul Loeffler
    Palm, Inc.
    Kudos to you Paul! I'm glad that Palm is active in forums like TC as well.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Hi kwilsonjr,

Paul Loeffler
    Palm, Inc.
    Welcome to the TC community, thank you very much for letting us now you are listening.

I am glad your company decided to open a line of communication with the user community, as you can see, must of us here are long time Palm OS users and would rather remain as such.

I won't complain anymore now that I know you are here, I am sure you have read enough already. Just let us know you are here from time to time.

Thank you and welcome once again!
    Last edited by TreoNewt; 04/26/2007 at 06:50 PM.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Hi kwilsonjr,

Paul Loeffler
    Palm, Inc.
    Welcome, Paul.
    So, in other words, the Palm blog is a lot like Treo|Censored.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    What say you, khatysus?
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Hi kwilsonjr,

Paul Loeffler
    Palm, Inc.

Thank you Paul. I really appreciate anyone who stands up and takes responsibility with no excuses.

Good job.

I'm still abandoning my decades old support for Palm products due to the lack of TIMELY product support and a perceived indifference to its loyal fanbase.

That blog thing is just way too little way too late.