Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Is there anyway to control the repeat function from within TreoMsgr?

Al
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    Is there anyway to control the repeat function from within TreoMsgr?
    No.
  3.    #63  
    I just tried 3.9 and it doesnt suppor 5-way navigation for the Treo 755p on the main form.

Al
    Updated to v4.0

Now has 5-way navigation in main form.

See: http://www.swCP3.com/TreoMsgr/TreoMsgr_User_Manual.html
    I think when someone said "no 5-way support" they meant for the center MSG area. When you want to navigate to the queued MSGs to edit or send prior to the schedule you have to use your finger or stylus.

Is there no support for multiple recipients? It appears to not allow this, am I doing something wrong? If I use the lookup button, it overwrites the last entry. If I manually add them with a comma, the 2nd number is replaced by the MSG body text when queued. I want a recurring MSG sent every Monday to remind my co-managers that I will have an early departure for golf (5 recipients).
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice View Post
    I think when someone said "no 5-way support" they meant for the center MSG area. When you want to navigate to the queued MSGs to edit or send prior to the schedule you have to use your finger or stylus.
    Yeah... that is for the future, if there is sufficient interest in this..., but the main form too required 5-way navigation.

Is there no support for multiple recipients? It appears to not allow this, am I doing something wrong? If I use the lookup button, it overwrites the last entry.
    If TreoMsgr makes me enough money to sustain its development then I'll definitely do this. In fact akula34 had mentioned this early-on in this discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    ...If TreoMsgr makes me enough money to sustain its development then I'll definitely do this...
    Well, I just put my order in for it. I think it is a keeper. So make the changes that the paying customers are asking for first

I'll make a mention of it on palmloyal.com and maybe on a future podcast as well (whenever I get time to do it).

Keep up the good work!
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    Updated to v4.0

Awesome,

I just scheduled one yesterday and it worked. Great app!!

Al
  8.    #68  
    Thanks Treolo and godschoice, mention on palmloyal.com will surely increase exposure and hopefully bring-in some more sales.

- mvk
  9.    #69  
    Please see v4.1, added 5-way support for log and tasks forms.

Do report back in case you have any difficulties with v4.1 (there shouldn't be any).

The older, v4.0 is downloadable from http://www.swCP3.com/TreoMsgr/TreoMsgr.zip in case you face any problems.

- mvk
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GreenHex; 06/11/2007 at 01:32 PM.

Do report back in case you have any difficulties with v4.1 (there shouldn't be any).

The older, v4.0 is downloadable from http://www.swCP.com/TreoMsgr/TreoMsgr.zip in case you face any problems.

- mvk
    Can we get a link to update from within the app, or at least an URL link to athe page where the updates can be downloaded. Otherwise, I have to keep coming back to this thread to see if an update is available and to get the url.

Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
  11.    #71  
    Can we get a link to update from within the app, or at least an URL link to athe page where the updates can be downloaded. Otherwise, I have to keep coming back to this thread to see if an update is available and to get the url.
    Sure, but in the meanwhile, the latest, stable version can always be downloaded from http://www.swCP3.com/TreoMsgr/TreoMsgr.zip

I'm just posting the beta's here to get some feedback before uploading to the website.

The older, v4.0 is downloadable from http://www.swCP3.com/TreoMsgr/TreoMsgr.zip in case you face any problems.

- mvk
    Hi,

5-way navigation for the Tasks and Log forms is not working. Is it supposed to navigate through the list and when hitting the center button pop up a window and be able to navigate too? I can't do any of that on my Treo 755p.
    Also, it would be nice to add the Enable checkbox in the navigation.

Al
    Updated to v4.0

I just started trying out this utility, and so far I really like it. I want to register it but there is one thing holding me back. I'm using the Agendus Premier 12 (beta) for my calendar, and whenever I set a future date/time for an sms to be sent, TreoMsgr sets an alarm in Agendus that goes off at the time the sms is to be sent. I realize that the calendar product I'm using is in beta right now (agendus) but I thought I would at least mention this in the hopes that you will decide to take a look and see if there is an easy fix for this.

Once this is fixed, I would purchase TreoMsgr with the hopes of supporting future development of the product. One feature request that I would have, would be to have the sms sent with TreoMsgr, show up in the Treo's standard sms application conversation view. Thanks for taking the time to read my post.
    I reset my Treo 755p at noon and after the reset I wasn't able to see my SD card. I did a second reset and nothing. I took the SD card in and out and nothing. So I disable TreoMgr and it showed the card again. Strange I tried turning off other apps and it didn't help so I turned off the Chatter auto connect after reset and my SD card showed after a reset. Chatter is one of the main reasons I have a Treo and the developer is not doing any work on it. So the next logical thing will be if TreoMsgr could tried to enable itself after a reset without blocking the SD card.

Al
  15.    #75  
    So the next logical thing will be if TreoMsgr could tried to enable itself after a reset without blocking the SD card.
    I'm not too sure about this. TreoMsgr has absolutely _nothing_ to do with the SD card.

The only thing TreoMsgr does at reset is registers itself for some notifications (that most apps do anyways, check with PalmInternals) and sets-up the alarm for itself (again, most apps do this too).

Neither does TreoMsgr try to "connect" or switch on the radio or anything. In fact, TreoMsgr is made to fail gracefully in case anything goes wrong.

Other users may please post your observations here, on this.
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail View Post
    I'm using the Agendus Premier 12 (beta) for my calendar, and whenever I set a future date/time for an sms to be sent, TreoMsgr sets an alarm in Agendus that goes off at the time the sms is to be sent.
    Agendus appears to take over the alarms, and there is nothing I can do about this.

Now, TreoMsgr uses the "Tasks" database to store its information. It is the "Tasks" alarm that Agendus sees and sets its own alarm (or takes over the Tasks alarm.)

TreoMsgr does something very similar to what Agendus does, it scans the Tasks database and sets an alarm for iself.

If you could see if Agendus has an option like "Ignore Tasks Categories" and set it to ignore the Tasks "TreoMsgr" category. That would solve your problem.

Page 53 of this document: http://www.iambic.com/download/palmo...lmosstd_en.pdf does mention: "You can use categories as a filter, so that only records in a specific category are displayed, or have Agendus automatically assign colors or icons based on categories (page109). Categories for meetings, tasks, and contacts are all independent."

Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail View Post
    One feature request that I would have, would be to have the sms sent with TreoMsgr, show up in the Treo's standard sms application conversation view.
    This is a a very contentious issue. The real problem is, the way the messages are processed and stored by the native messaging application is unknown. There is no documentation available for this. It would require a lot of reverse engineering to get to do this, and then there would still be chances of corrupting the messages database (which, on the Treo, is already is quiet fragile!)

Of-course, "SMS Scheduler" by Julian Radowsky, does this in an admirable way. That must have taken him _some_ work, and all credit to him.
    Last edited by GreenHex; 06/11/2007 at 11:59 PM.
  17.    #77  
    Hi,

5-way navigation for the Tasks and Log forms is not working. Is it supposed to navigate through the list and when hitting the center button pop up a window and be able to navigate too? I can't do any of that on my Treo 755p.
    Also, it would be nice to add the Enable checkbox in the navigation.

Al
    No, that is not the way it is supposed to work... the 5-way navigation is very primitive on TreoMsgr. It just allows scrolling up and down (for now). The center button is not operational.
    GreenHex....

As promised, payment was just made to PayPal. Congrats on a nice little app...keep up the great work and the updates!!

One thing I noticed today: I sent the same message (lunch meeting) to 3 different people (individually). They showed up as single listings but at the same time of 10:25 a.m. in Tasks but after they went out the log showed only two lines: One name, a semicolon (like it shows in the Messages app of the Treo when you send to multiple recipients) and one of the three phone numbers (the first one) When msgs are sent at the same time does is truncate the 2nd and beyond?

I would love to be able to send the same message to several different people at the same time, maybe using semicolon or comma between the numbers but I cant do that with the (L)ookup button.

Maybe storing the previous message in the window so all you have to type is the new recipient's phone number would be possible.

Being able to create and store a group or list of people would be nice.

What about being able to access the "user defined" messages stored in the Messages app of the Treo so we could select from that list for our TreoMsg Scheduler to save some typing or re-entry?

I had a similar incident as listed above with my Treo losing the ability to see the SD card. Reset several times and finally had to hard reset to get it back. Never could track down the cause. Something in the Palm since your app does not access the SD card....

Final note: When you post your update, can you include a link to the newest PRC file so we can download it with Blazer straight to the Treo without having to unzip and install?

Just some thoughts....and thanks again for all the hard work on an app many of us have wished for over the past couple of years!
    "Arguing with a police officer is like mud wrestling a pig.
    Eventually you realize that the pig likes it."
    Your log says "Basic 5-way navigation in messages and log tables"
    I don't see any changes on my Treo 755p

Al
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast