Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Did you try a hard reset? Backup your data first... - mvk
    I had actually installed v1, which caused my 700p to go into a reset loop. So while I had to hard reset I thought I would do some spring cleaning and do a rebuild on my phone. The most recent version was installed to a freshly rebuilt phone.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn View Post
    I had actually installed v1, which caused my 700p to go into a reset loop. So while I had to hard reset I thought I would do some spring cleaning and do a rebuild on my phone. The most recent version was installed to a freshly rebuilt phone.
    You installed v1.0b1 / v1.0b2 initially? Then you installed v1.1 on a freshly reset device, not uninstalled the older version and reinstalled v1.1? Correct?

I need to fix this, if something is actually wrong. But all this works correctly on the 700p Simulator.

What have other 700p users got to say on this? akula34 has a 700p right? Have you tried it akula34? Any problems?

I'm yet to make the registration key generator for TreoMsgr. I'll be doing that only if there is sufficient interest in TreoMsgr. Besides I plan on making TreoMsgr a shareware product.

- mvk
    Last edited by GreenHex; 04/30/2007 at 09:56 AM.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts

PS: In case you are using v1.1, then you need to enclose the number between "<" and ">" tags... like this <0123456789> in the description field.

Thanks for the PS, because I did not enclose the number between <" and ">" tags. Now it works well.

One question. Seems like it is not possible, but I'll ask it anyway.
    Is it possible for you to schedule a date & time for sending a msg created in built-in sms app with your method, by relating it to a task or turning it into a task?

What seems missing with the built-in sms app. is the command: SEND ON:
    so that in the compose window we see the following:
    Send-SEND ON-Cancell-Add media.
    where pressing SEND ON prompts you for setting a date & time for sending the sms.

John
    Last edited by Brjlk; 04/30/2007 at 08:55 AM.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brjlk View Post
    One question. Seems like it is not possible, but I'll ask it anyway.
    Is it possible for you to schedule a date & time for sending a msg created in built-in sms app with your method, by relating it to a task or turning it into a task?
    Wow Brjlk! that is an excellent idea, worthy of further investigation. It never occured to me at least.

Actually anything is possible to implement, but one has to weigh-in the complications involved and any other operational issues for the user. Right off, the native SMS DB data structures are not well documented in the the API docs. (at least nothing that I came about in my search, others who have tread this path may please give me some pointers).

You have a 680? 650 or 700p?

- mvk

PS: In the description, you can add any other descriptive text that you want like this: John's Birthday <0123456789> send him an SMS.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Wow Brjlk! that is an excellent idea, worthy of further investigation. It never occured to me at least.

Actually anything is possible to implement, but one has to weigh-in the complications involved and any other operational issues for the user. Right off, the native SMS DB data structures are not well documented in the the API docs. (at least nothing that I came about in my search, others who have tread this path may please give me some pointers).

You have a 680? 650 or 700p?

- mvk

PS: In the description, you can add any other descriptive text that you want like this: John's Birthday <0123456789> send him an SMS.
    I have a Treo 680.
    If the "Send On:-" option could be integrated into the Built-In sms app. it would be near perfect.

In fact scheduling a sms is a very useful function for example:-

-Sending a msg to someone in a very different time zone without disturbing his/her sleep or without me having to stay awake late at night waiting for him/her to wake up.

-For sending a reminder for an appointment taking place next week for example. People do often forget they have appointments!
    On fixing the appointment, I immediately write the reminder sms scheduled to be sent, say 2 hours before the meeting.

-It allows us to make productive use of our idle time, which would otherwise be wasted. Say, I am in the waiting room of the dentist, I can write all messages I want & schedule them for the appropriate time.

Actually, I use SMS Scheduler, a stand alone program and am very happy I can now schedule my msgs. However, I would much prefer something integrated to the built-in sms app. which is very good.

John
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brjlk View Post
    Actually, I use SMS Scheduler, a stand alone program and am very happy I can now schedule my msgs.
    SMS Scheduler is a real nice program, and was all by itself in this category till TreoMsgr came along .

The only thing I can say is with TreoMsgr:
    • One can repeat message send (automatically) using the Tasks "repeat" functionality (this is the real thing that I was so happy to figure-out and code! )
    • It is small (< 20 KB), but not all that important on the 680, though.
    • It is nicely integrated with the Treo Tasks... (if I were to say so myself).
    • All your messages (and settings) are backed-up when you do a hotsync.
    • You can use privacy settings to hide messages.
    Last edited by GreenHex; 05/02/2007 at 05:07 AM.
    [quote=GreenHex;1248844]You installed v1.0b1 / v1.0b2 initially? Then you installed v1.1 on a freshly reset device, not uninstalled the older version and reinstalled v1.1? Correct?

This is correct. I am more then happy to help you troubleshoot this issue GH. Just let me know how I can help.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    always be Honolulu, HI
  8.    #28  
    CGordonn, please see your PM.
    CGordonn, please see your PM.
    Got it. The entries you wanted me to delete existed in the saved preferances only, and not the unsaved. Deleted the two entries, went into the preferances panel and was able to enable the program.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    always be Honolulu, HI
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn View Post
    Got it. The entries you wanted me to delete existed in the saved preferances only, and not the unsaved. Deleted the two entries, went into the preferances panel and was able to enable the program.
    Glad to help, fortunately, this time nothing needed to be changed in TreoMsgr - mvk
    Glad to help, fortunately, this time nothing needed to be changed in TreoMsgr - mvk
    Problem still persits. I have been able to send successful messages, but if I attempt to go back to the prefs panel to access TreoMsgr, I am locked out by the registration screen.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    always be Honolulu, HI
  12.    #32  
    CGordonn... the PM...
    i installed it,and test it already.

because i always forgot my friends's birthday .

i guess that this software can help me to remind me my friend's birthday and send them a sms at the right time.

that's great.

First time, in the "HappyDays",export to the "TreoMsgr" category to the "To Do Notify",and then search your firend's mobile phone number from the "option" -"Phone Lookup" (don't forget to add the <> outside the phone number!!!)

and then,set the Alarm,add your wishes between the <tm></tm> in the notes.

form now on, i will never forget to give wishes to my firends,that's cool

it's difficult to operating? i don't think so
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by vvlaw View Post
    it's difficult to operating? i don't think so
    Hey vvlaw!

Welcome to T|C, and I'm so glad that your first post here was about TreoMsgr...

- mvk
  15.    #35  
    http://www.swCP3.com/TreoMsgr/TreoMsgr.GIF

Finally, TreoMsgr v2.0 is ready. It is completely re-written, and much easier to use.
    Try it... especially, tap the Tasks and Log display (i.e., table rows) for more options,
    I've tried something new here. Your comments are most welcome. This is no longer
    a Preferences Panel, but a normal application, visible in the launcher.

You can still use the "Tasks" repeat functionality to automatically resehedule messages.

The TreoMsgr information is stored in the Task Notes in the following format (users
    need not be aware of this and it is here for purely informational purposes only):

Code:
    <tm>
    <tel>0123456789</tel>
    <msg>Hello! This is my message...</msg>
    </tm>
    Please uninstall all previous versions before installing v2.0
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GreenHex; 05/22/2007 at 08:33 AM.
    Game over!
  16.    #36  
    Updated to v2.1, also updated the User Manual.

See: http://www.swCP3.com/TreoMsgr/TreoMsgr_User_Manual.html
    Download: http://www.swCP3.com/TreoMsgr/TreoMsgr.zip
    Is this compatible with the 755p?
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb View Post
    Is this compatible with the 755p?
    Not yet... but it will be done soon.
  19.    #39  
    Hello all...

Please try v2.3 (for Treo 755p and all other previous Treos) and let me know if it works.

- mvk

Please see v2.6 in Post #41 below
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GreenHex; 05/29/2007 at 08:28 PM.
    Works Great With My 755p!!!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast