Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Sorry, this isn't truely a 700p question....

For those on Verizon did you ever notice that their Vcast/Get-it-now services do not include smart phones? No Treos, no Blackberries, no Q's, no win mobiles,....Nada!

I realize that many of these features are built in to smart phones (like MP3 players) but as Verizon, why would you cut off a chunk of your customer base who have already shown they are willing to spend big dollars on a phone/toy/gadget???

I might be willing to spring for a ring tone here or there. Actually I thought their TV service for $5 a month, while limited, might be worth checking out.

Just seems strange to me.

JM
    I think its because they rather you pay 47.00 a month for data use and with the whole vcast thing for internet, etc. its about a third the cost.
    One of my buddies got a new verizon phone with Vcast.. He does not have Vcast active since he called in and they told him he needed a data plan of $40 a month plus pay the additional $10 a month for Vacast TV.

Get a slingbox problem solved..
    Vcast is just a low rent cut down version of MobiTV. You can get the MobiTV subscribtion from their website directly.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    Vcast is just a low rent cut down version of MobiTV. You can get the MobiTV subscribtion from their website directly.
    Better yet get slingbox, more (and better) channels with no additional monthly fees.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Well a lot of people don't have cable/satelite so they can't use sling
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    Well a lot of people don't have cable/satelite so they can't use sling
    A "lot of people"? In this forum? Dont have Cable/satelite? WOW!
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
    You can use Sling if you have regular TV. The built in Tuner will work. If you don't have high speed internet, then that is your bad.
    There is no (little) VCast on smartphones because VCast is one part service, and another part application gateway. VZW does not put forth the resources to build VCast apps for every device. Its not cost efficient for them. And considering the issues with the 700p and Q, it would be a weird circumstance to do so.

They can tie your service into it, but that would not bode well for device sales from their end. As you can imagine, VZW is looking for another way to do so.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I am glad vcast isn't on Treo. pls....
    If I could know then, what I know now.