1.    #1  
    so far i have tried 3 headset, and i none of them works. only sound comes out of the right ear and not the left. i baught a 2.5mm plug converter to 3.5. now i just need a headset that works.

HELP!!!!!
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    have you tried Palms own 2,5mm stereo headset? og what about those that treocentral sells?
  3.    #3  
    i dotn want a 2.5. i goto a gym and at the gym i goto they have tvs on the cardio stuff. theres is 3.5. so when i do weights, i can plug the 3.5 into my phone and never miss a beat.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    okay, i see. I seem to remember that treocentral has a few different 2,5 to 3,5 mm converters, and that some of these has some special electronics to enable stereo.
    Bear in mind that it is possible that the crappy Palm socket is faulty.
    Except that he is getting some sound, it's just in mono. Usually when the 650's socket is bad, you get no sound at all. It might just be the wrong 3.5mm adapter...
    I have the adapter that Treocentral sells for $6 or so.. Molded L 2.5 to a cable to a molded 3.5 jack. Works very well. I try to minimize using it because of fear of damaging the Treo jack, but it works well when I do use it.

Most often I'm using it in the car to listen to streamed music over my stereo via FM transmitter. Yeah, quality kind of sucks, but..

I also use it with my regular headphones as an impromptu headset if I need the sound isolation or I already have my headphones in. The microphone on the phone is active and I can carry on a convo no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Except that he is getting some sound, it's just in mono. Usually when the 650's socket is bad, you get no sound at all. It might just be the wrong 3.5mm adapter...
    Mine must be an exception. I've still got mono.
    Quote Originally Posted by dport View Post
    so far i have tried 3 headset, and i none of them works. only sound comes out of the right ear and not the left. i baught a 2.5mm plug converter to 3.5. now i just need a headset that works.

HELP!!!!!
    Or,

(Ill never tire of this since I LOVE it sooooooo much) There is the option of installing SAG and going bluetooth which is wireless.

I have the Plantronics 590A's and I have probably in no less than 6-7 posts raved about their sound.

It saves all the hassle of wires as well as that pesky headset jack!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Mine must be an exception. I've still got mono.
    Or, maybe mine's the exception. I have no sound through headsets whatsoever...system sounds are fine, but no media.
    I'm confused -- I have always gotten stereo out of my Bang Olufsen headset. . . . on my 650 and now 700p. (Using the 2.5 to 3.5 jack.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post

. . . . or just a bad adapter. . . . 3 headsets vs. 1 adapter . . . . the odds are on the adapter being the weak link here (or the Treo's socket). . . . .
  13.    #13  
    i got 2 2.5mm to 3.5 adaptor.

one came from ebay. the other radio shack. none of my headsets work.
    Hi Dport!!

I would go to Best Buy and try the 3 headsets out on an iPod ... if they play stereo ... then you will know it is the adapters or the Treo jack and not the headsets.

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 04/27/2007 at 06:38 PM.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Hi Dport!!

I would go to Best Buy and try the 3 headsets out on an iPod ... if they play stereo ... then you will know it is the adapters or the Treo jack and not the headsets.

Cheers, Perry
    HI PERRY!!!!

thats where ur wrong. i had purchases a jabra headset thinking and hoping it would work. after doing a search on treocentral i had found out that there r many other people with the same problem.

so i do believe its the headsets and not the phone/ada[tors
    Now I am confused . . . are we talking about music or phone headsets, wired or Bluetooth?

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 04/30/2007 at 12:01 PM.