1.    #1  
    I am posting this as a separate thread because I think Palm deserves headline treatment for this.

There are a few threads on which my unmedicated alter ego has complained about my comment on the Palm blog being attributed to someone else.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...om#post1246499

This morning I received a telephone call from Paul Loeffler at Palm. Suitably he called me on my 700wx.

He was ever so polite and explained that the way comments are displayed the name of the commenter is displayed AFTER the comment. I had been reading the name ABOVE the comment.

My mistake. I was out of line. Sorry, Palm.

So the moral of the story:

1. Tasty, take your meds.

2. Tasty, look at the obvious and you will see things the way they are. Everything was OK. You were just looking at the situation with a selective perspective (cough, cough).

3. Palm, thanks for the personal response.

4. I hope Paul's personal touch continues and grows into a good dialog with the Treo user community. He seemed like a sane, nice, reasonable guy. (More sanity than Tastypeppers, for sure!).

Thanks, Paul.

Phil.
    I take it you weren't using a bluetooth headset... Sorry, I couldn't resist.
    hahahahahahahaha
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    Phil,

I like your comment on the other thread on the opposite of Love is not Hate but apathy.

I know I've been hard on the company, but it comes from a passion for the Treo and it's almost realized potential. It is the best product out there. Look at my sig file and how many Treos I've owned.

It's good to hear that Paul called you and that Palm is listening to it's customer base.

I know from my viewing of these boards much of the future development of the current Treo from previous versions may have come from comments on these boards.

Sometimes people go a little overboard, but the intentions are good. It's encouraging to hear that Paul and others at Palm are supportive of the feedback.

Phil you're right, apathy is MUCH WORSE for Palm.

Thanks again to Bob C and others and Palm let's keep the dialouge going. I don't want to have to go to a Windows OS. I have no desire for a Start button and the craziness on my Treo.
    Palm Professional -> Palm III-> Sprint Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Sprint Handspring Treo 300 -> Sprint Handspring Treo 600 -> Sprint Treo 650 -> Sprint Treo 700p
    Even more importantly, they (or at least Joe) has started responding in the comments to prior posts. Like to see Steve do that.....
    Hey guys, visited the Palm blog today and they finally started a dialog. I don't know when this was posted but take a look...

Update:

We have been reading through everyone's comments on the 700p maintenance release update and I wanted to answer some of the recurring questions that have been brought up:

Why didn't you mention the lag in your blog? "The lag" is a broad term that could mean any of number of symptoms customers have reported, so it would have been a mistake for me to make a blanket statement like "the lag is fixed" or "the lag is not fixed." We've implemented specific mitigations that will benefit some of you: launching the phone app should be faster, we've lessened the occurrence of SMS sending delays and we addressed a problem that was causing the multi-second delays when launching/exiting the browser.
    Will this MR make the device more stable? The short answer is "yes" in most cases, but I can't list every situation where we've made changes or quantify the improvement since each person's device setup is different.
    What are the Bluetooth improvements? We've improved overall stability to Bluetooth pairing and connections. When the MR goes live, we're going to publish an updated list of Bluetooth accessories that are compatible with the Treo 700p + MR software.
    Why don't you share the MR release notes? In this blog and some of my previous correspondence to the Palm community, I've referred to the most discussed issues. Our standard policy has been to not publish an itemized list, but to disclose the top issues that are addressed by the MR when the MR goes live on our web site.
    There is also this (apparently from Sinclair):

We know that a number of you are frustrated and appreciate that you've all taken the time to share your feedback, and apologies for taking a bit to respond to that feedback.
    I also noticed Palm employees actually posting direct responses in the comment section...I guess Palm is finally listening to us and starting a dialog.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post
    Hey guys, visited the Palm blog today and they finally started a dialog. I don't know when this was posted but take a look...

There is also this (apparently from Sinclair):

I also noticed Palm employees actually posting direct responses in the comment section...I guess Palm is finally listening to us and starting a dialog.
    This is definitely promising in terms of communication from the company....however, I would still think they owe their loyal users at least an apology and an explanation of why it will have been over a year by the time the MR firmware comes out, as well as how the 700p got through so much intensive testing with the issues it had and what Palm is going to do to make sure it will never happen again. I'm not trying to rain on this thread or anything, I'm just saying....AT THE VERY LEAST they could admit their fault in this. I would never be comfortable buying another Palm device otherwise.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Yes, it is definitely a step in the right direction, but for some it may be too late. Speaking as someone who owns his own business, it is very hard to win a client back. The trick is to not lose them in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    I'm not trying to rain on this thread or anything, I'm just saying....AT THE VERY LEAST they could admit their fault in this.
    While this sounds like a noble request, if I worked at Palm and suggested such an apology, I would be locked up in a cubicle by the lawyers with no keyboard or Treo priviledges.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    While this sounds like a noble request, if I worked at Palm and suggested such an apology, I would be locked up in a cubicle by the lawyers with no keyboard or Treo priviledges.
    I agree, for such an admission (regardless of merit) would amount to legal suicide.

This is definitely promising in terms of communication from the company...
    I think this is a BIG step in the right direction for Palm, we need to give them credit for that and hope it marks the beginning of thing to come.

This is also proof positive of what perseverance (others called it whining) can accomplish
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    QUOTE:
    We have been reading through everyone's comments on the 700p maintenance release update and I wanted to answer some of the recurring questions that have been brought up:

Why didn't you mention the lag in your blog? "The lag" is a broad term that could mean any of number of symptoms customers have reported, so it would have been a mistake for me to make a blanket statement like "the lag is fixed" or "the lag is not fixed." We've implemented specific mitigations that will benefit some of you: launching the phone app should be faster, we've lessened the occurrence of SMS sending delays and we addressed a problem that was causing the multi-second delays when launching/exiting the browser.Will this MR make the device more stable? The short answer is "yes" in most cases, but I can't list every situation where we've made changes or quantify the improvement since each person's device setup is different.
    What are the Bluetooth improvements? We've improved overall stability to Bluetooth pairing and connections. When the MR goes live, we're going to publish an updated list of Bluetooth accessories that are compatible with the Treo 700p + MR software.
    Why don't you share the MR release notes? In this blog and some of my previous correspondence to the Palm community, I've referred to the most discussed issues. Our standard policy has been to not publish an itemized list, but to disclose the top issues that are addressed by the MR when the MR goes live on our web site.

These will make me happy.
    Last edited by gtwo; 04/26/2007 at 09:55 AM.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    too little too late
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    a trade in credit OF MEANINGFUL VALUE (not $50 or $100 Palm) on a future treo mite help
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142 View Post
    a trade in credit OF MEANINGFUL VALUE (not $50 or $100 Palm) on a future treo mite help
    i don't know about vzv...but the above would not be the best route for sprt. as long as you have been contacting sprt cs about the problems you have been having...they will have a record of them. you should be able to get a lot more than $100 discounted on a new phone because of those issues...and still be able to keep your 700p and sell it on ebay.

fyi...my 700p did not cost me anything because of the problems the a900 had....i got the 700p for less than $150 from sprt...then sold the a900 for $150 on ebay.
    Too little too late for me also, after returning numerous Treo's to vzw, finally I asked...told...them to send me a 6700, they did..Sweet... I am soooooo glad I did, I loved the treo but the lack of information on fixes (which sounds like their policy) cost them this customer. I've had 7 different palm devices (plus the 7 treo's I returned) so I was a long time customer who swore never to go to the dark side, now that I have I am enjoying the not crashing thing. I just think it was a bummer that we weren't more informed about what was going on, I would have been happy with that, at least they'd have acknowledged the problems at that point. But now that I've seen what these puppies can do, Palm will have to progress a looong way before I will test those waters again. I've even had to dig out the directions for my BT headset 'cause I can now use 'ALL' the features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    QUOTE:

Why didn't you mention the lag in your blog? "The lag" is a broad term that could mean any of number of symptoms customers have reported, so it would have been a mistake for me to make a blanket statement like "the lag is fixed" or "the lag is not fixed." We've implemented specific mitigations that will benefit some of you: launching the phone app should be faster, we've lessened the occurrence of SMS sending delays and we addressed a problem that was causing the multi-second delays when launching/exiting the browser.Will this MR make the device more stable? The short answer is "yes" in most cases, but I can't list every situation where we've made changes or quantify the improvement since each person's device setup is different.

These will make me happy.
    Perry, why would these make you happy, you havent had any problems with your 700P have you?