1.    #1  
    http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7...lmgear2ld1.png
    http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/6...ndscapetq2.jpg

Hi guys,

I am happy to announce the release of Finger Painter 1.0! Here a quick description:

FINGER PAINTER

Finger Painter is a simple yet fun drawing application for young kids (and adults who are still young at heart!) With Finger Painter in your Palm or Zodiac device, you and your kids can enjoy finger painting anytime, anywhere. Finger Painter will entertain your young kids for hours at a time with its different pen sizes and huge amounts of colors to choose from. In addition, there are colorful and exotic brush palette to open up their imagination.The best part? No mess and no cleaning afterward!

Features

• Virtually unlimited drawing patterns Hours and hours of Fun!
    • Very colorful and fun palette of brushes to choose from
    • Multiple pen size as well an eraser
    • A larger number of pen colors (or make your own color!)
    • A larger number of canvas background colors (or make your own!)
    • Save/Load to card or internal memory
    • Paintings saved in Windows bitmap format. Transfer the paintings to your PC and enjoy them on your PC screen
    • Print your child masterpiece on paper, t-shirt or a mug!
    • Can be run from the card to save device memory space
    • 10 pages Quick User Guide (pdf)

You can find a 7 days trial (full version) here: Finger Painter 1.0

Thank you so much for all the wonderful and amazing help I got from this forum. It has been quite a ride! I am hoping to add more features to his application. So if you have any suggestions for version 1.1: fire away

Enjoy!

Mo
    SimToGo
    I posted in your other thread. I picked this up at mytreo this morning. It looks great! Good job!
    Wow. I went from one of the early versions right to 1.0. What a huge difference. It looks great. Going out to dinner tonight with the family -- looks like I'll be able to have a conversation with my wife while the kids finger paint. Awesome job!
  4.    #5  
    Glad I have helped in small way to give you have a quiet time with your wife Jaharr! That's the power of Finger Painter !(ha ha ha). Have a wonderful quiet dinner!

Enjoy!
    Mo.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    hi mo

just checked out v1, works flawlessly.

while playing with it this time, i did think of one thing that would make it more satisfying from my point of view. with the current size of the wild and crazy pens, the canvas fills up so quickly. i remember thinking previously that a bigger canvas would be nice, but smaller pens would achieve the same result.

not sure how "real" kids would feel about this though!

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
  6.    #7  
    Hello TRgEOff,

Thank you so much for trying version 1.0 About the sizing, I hear you. In version 1.1 i am hoping to work on:

1- Different size erasers

2- Different size "wild and crazy" (as you call them!)brushes

3- Being able to switch from brushes to pens without having the pen or brush selection window to open everytime. Maybe one click selects the current pen or brush. A second click would open up the pen or brush window.

4- Any idea that you guys may want to see happen. Please just remenber that Finger Painter is really meant for young kids so I will try to keep it as easy as possible (maybe I can release an "adult" version too!!)

Stay tuned....

Mo.

3-
  7.    #8  
    Hello guys,

I wanted to let you know that version 1.1 of Finger Painter has just been released. The major changes are:

1- 5 eraser size to choose from (unlike 1.0 who allowed only one size) Please note also that the tool size is valid for both the pen and the eraser. To change size of either, just click on the large number on the top of the screen.

2- Better tools selection logic. For instance, now you do not need to select a brush (or pen size) every time you switch tools

3- Auto-save feature: The app will save your masterpiece even if by accident you click Cancel instead of Ok when ask to save the painting. The painting will be save on your device memory as ".bmp" You can also use this fast saving option to save a draft and then load it again later when you are ready to continue your artistic endeavor!

4- Fun kaleidoscope special effect. You can access this effect simply by checking the box in the size selection window (large number) to disable again this option either uncheck the box or simply click on the pen tip to start drawing again with the pen.

That's it for changes in 1.1 I am really hoping that I come back to work on adjustable "crazy" brushes!

Thanks to all my wonderful beta testers. You guys are WOW

Have fun with Finger Painter 1.1 Finger Painter 1.1

Mo
    SimToGo
    I downloaded the trial tonight, & I have a question, I ended up with 2 files on my treo 680, FPainter, & FPainterLS.
    What is the difference between the 2? I assume I only need 1 of them, Which shoud I delete??
    They both seem to work fine.

BTW.. I won't be waiting for the end of the trial to register, great program!! I've been playing with it for an hour, can't wait to let my son at it in the morning.
    Last edited by ILBandit; 05/05/2007 at 02:16 AM.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ILBandit View Post
    I downloaded the trial tonight, & I have a question, I ended up with 2 files on my treo 680, FPainter, & FPainterLS.
    What is the difference between the 2? I assume I only need 1 of them, Which shoud I delete??
    They both seem to work fine.
    The LS is the LandScape version, which is for widescreen Palms, ie not the 680. Delete it.

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by TRgEOff View Post
    The LS is the LandScape version, which is for widescreen Palms, ie not the 680. Delete it.

cheers
    THANKS!!!