1.    #1  
    I purchased this headset for it's noise blocking feature which works pretty well.

However I now have the blue tooth disconnects that everyone has been complaining about. Roughly 30 seconds after I end a call the Treo disconnects from the headset. If a call comes in, it does not reconnect and I miss the call unless I notice the Treo ringing.

I never had this problem with the Jabra BT500, it never disconnected. I will most likely return the 510 and try again if/when the 700P update comes.

BTW: The Treo 700P is not a supported device for the 510 on the Plantronics website.
    Maybe your pectoral muscles are interfering with your bluetooth reception?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
    i have the same one and the disconnects are a pain. i am also hoping that the update fixes that. good headset on other phones, so headset is not the problem.
    Same here with the disconnects and my 510, but a single click typically fixes it. It is by far the clearest BT headset I've used, so I hope as well the update fixes the disconnects.
  5.    #5  
    True, you only have to hit the button to reconnect, but it also doesn't reconnect when you come back in range of the phone. I will rarely remember to hit the button after that and that will probably cause me to miss several calls.

I need a windsock for my BT500.
    Yep! worked great with the 650. Palms website mentions it in thier check back for compatibility section. Update will hopefully fix it.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I have tried a few different BT headsets and the 510 is the best I've used. I hope that the update fixes the issues because mine continues to become unpaired from my Treo and it's really annoying. Works great with my blackberry.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I had the 510 as well, worked really well with the 650, no so much with the 700. I have replaced the Voyager 510 with the Samsung WEP-200. This is the first headset I have had that doesn't have static. Moreover in the serveral months of use (4+), it has only disconected twice.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre