Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    sorry if this has been talked about -- i noticed that connecting the treo through the hot sync cable to the laptop can charge the battery, as it is shown through the battery bar and battery 3.2 prc. i have been using treo since 270 and this is the first time (with 680) i noticed such characteristic.
  2.    #2  
    i forgot to mention, this happens after it has been hotsynced.
  3. #3  
    Some users have found the 680 charges better with the USB cable than the A/C adapter...
  4. #4  
    This is a feature they added to the 680 and it's talked about in your manual. It's a rather nice feature actually.

    Oh by the way, it does not require that you hotsynch, just plug it in and it will charge.
  5. Shucks's Avatar
    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Some users have found the 680 charges better with the USB cable than the A/C adapter...
    Funny, I find the A/C adapter much fater.. I have the USB plugged into a PC not a laptop if that matters.
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

    REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shucks View Post
    Funny, I find the A/C adapter much fater.. I have the USB plugged into a PC not a laptop if that matters.
    She didn't said "faster"; she said "better".
    Last edited by Bill Gamble; 04/25/2007 at 10:57 AM.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  7. #7  
    Just so you know:
    I can charge the 680 using the new cable supplied via a laptop.
    BUT, I cannot charge using the cable via a USB car charger.
    Strange.
    I had to use an old cable with a plug that fits into the individual tiny square power socket on the treo
  8. Shucks's Avatar
    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble View Post
    She didn't said "faster"; she said "better".
    Gotcha, how did I miss this?? Anyways I will be more inclined to the USB that I had in the past.

    Thanks for the link..
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

    REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by MFox View Post
    Just so you know:
    I can charge the 680 using the new cable supplied via a laptop.
    BUT, I cannot charge using the cable via a USB car charger.
    Strange.
    I had to use an old cable with a plug that fits into the individual tiny square power socket on the treo
    It has to do with power output, apparently not all cigarette/usb adapters are equal and some will put out higher voltage which is required by the treo but not required by some cell phones.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble View Post
    She didn't said "faster"; she said "better".
    He didnt say 'faster', he said 'fater'....
  11. #11  
    Does the Stock USB Cable that came with the Treo 650 charge the phone while attached to the computer ?

    There is no indication on my phone that it is charging...
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by DIG View Post
    He didnt say 'faster', he said 'fater'....
    So nobody really said faster, except when Bill Gamble said she didn't say faster, which is true because, until that point, nobody had said faster, except for him, but at that point somebody really had said faster, although only to say nobody had said faster.

    What was this thread about again?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    So nobody really said faster, except when Bill Gamble said she didn't say faster, which is true because, until that point, nobody had said faster, except for him, but at that point somebody really had said faster, although only to say nobody had said faster.

    What was this thread about again?
    I forget - it is a bit of a disater
  14. #14  
    Great! I was wondering about this.

    The thing is that when I restored backup from my Treo650, the charging indicator didn't turn on. Now that I reseted and reinstalled apps, it's charging. I thought there was something wrong with my 680. hehe

Posting Permissions