1.    #1  
    I've done a search for upgrading specifically from the 650 to 700p and can't find anything.

I just got my Verizon 700p and I want to migrate everything over from my 650. I also have lots of Apps on my 650 which I want to migrate over as well. I also have Windows Vista and can't seem to get the Palm Installer to work properly. I even tried to change the compatibility over to XP SP2 and that didn't work either.

Could some one give me the specific instructions to upgrade to the 700p from my 650 (Verizon) and still keep all of my apps? Please keep in mind I have Windows Vista.

Chris
    Chris Mattix
    (aka: mattixc)
    chris.mattix@verizon.net

"Smartphone user since Kyocera 6035"
    This would be the non-Vista way . . . . .
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=129710
    Were you able to install the 700P Palm Desktop and does the Hot sync work?

If so . . . do the first part of the clean install to get your PIM information over and then we can work on getting your 3rd party apps installed.

Vista is fairly new . . . what was your pre-Vista machine and do you still have it? You could use that machine to load up your 3rd party apps on the 700p.

Beaming the 3rd party apps over is an option -- but I remain concerned 650 settings could come along and mess thing up.

You could use a card reader and place the 3rd party apps .prc files on an SD card and then install them onto the 700p from there. . . . .
    Last edited by gtwo; 04/24/2007 at 08:56 PM.
  4.    #4  
    Thank you for all your suggestions. I'm going to attempt to follow the instructions you first sent me tomorrow and the next day. As for the applications, I thought about using this program called PalmVista Simple Installer (http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-1166.html). Someone said it works great. I'm sure I'll have more questions later. Thanks for the quick response.

Chris
    Chris Mattix
    (aka: mattixc)
    chris.mattix@verizon.net

"Smartphone user since Kyocera 6035"