1.    #1  
    I just received a Treo 700wx with Goodlink. I've tried evertying I can think of to email pics and or files as attachments. I'm convinced that this isn't possible. I've even tried to send pics wirelessly directly from the camera. The email just goes to an outbox that isn't synched with Goodlink. Does anyone know a way to get files out wirelessly to contacts without manually syncing up with a desktop/laptop?
    Last edited by pbutler65; 04/24/2007 at 05:43 PM.
    Sorry dude, the current production version does not support sending attachments. It's rumored to be included in the next major revision.
    yet another reason why Good isn't 'good' for the Treo - that app doesn't allow attachments to be sent (which CAN be done with the device's native mail client).

Yes I know the usual response - 'but it's what my work gives us'. My response to that is 'have they heard of Exchange ActiveSync? Just about as secure, able to kill the device from the Exchange server, simple to manage, no server middleware to buy, PLUS all the native functionality of the device is retained = all reasons to go to EAS.

We use EAS at my place of work, and it's great.
    Version 5 will support sending attachments. When you ask "have they heard of EAS" most will say yes, they have. And then they tell you some of the reasons they don't support it: no fleet management, cradling required for upgrades, and the end-user having control of the security are three of the primary reasons you don't see large enterprises rolling out large deployments of EAS. Yes, GMM has it's flaws, but we are addressing them and when the upgrade does come out, you won't have to cradle the device. Upfates to EAS are going to require not only a cradle/ROM update, but many of the new features are going to require Crossbow (WM6) and Exchange 2007.
    when MSFP came out (one of the EAS updates, which you say need a cradle update) we upgraded all our devices to that ROM with SD cards. So - it was seamless for us.
    MSFP did not require an update to the handheld client. It was a server update.
    when the 700w came out (on Verizon, initially) it didn't have the MSFP update on the ROM (it had the AKU 1 as I recall) - the ROM update that Palm/VZW released in May of lsat year had the MSFP, AKU2 on it.

So yes - MSFP on the 700w required a ROM update - we just did ours via SD card, as opposed to the desktop installer.
    My fault. I was speaking about the Exchange update, not a carrier device specific update.
    been hearing about this ability to do attachments in the next release for over a year. gave up on it. that plus GL over taking the whole device was not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by pbutler65 View Post
    I just received a Treo 700wx with Goodlink. I've tried evertying I can think of to email pics and or files as attachments. I'm convinced that this isn't possible. I've even tried to send pics wirelessly directly from the camera. The email just goes to an outbox that isn't synched with Goodlink. Does anyone know a way to get files out wirelessly to contacts without manually syncing up with a desktop/laptop?