1.    #1  
    Who is using this service? Is it any better/worse than using Gmail?
    I use Blackberry Connect with my 680. It runs flawlessly, and supports both calendar and e-mail functions using the company's BB server, syncing with Lotus Notes. I've never used G-mail, but find this solution superior to others I've tried, including Seven, Visto, and various other re-direct systems. I will say that the VersaMail client used to support BB Connect on the handheld leaves much to be desired -- I far prefer SnapperMail, but alas, no choice on that with BBC.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EPMiller View Post
    I use Blackberry Connect with my 680. It runs flawlessly, and supports both calendar and e-mail functions using the company's BB server, syncing with Lotus Notes. I've never used G-mail, but find this solution superior to others I've tried, including Seven, Visto, and various other re-direct systems. I will say that the VersaMail client used to support BB Connect on the handheld leaves much to be desired -- I far prefer SnapperMail, but alas, no choice on that with BBC.
    BBC only works on Cingular and only with BES, right?

I have a Treo 680 but I'm going back to a Blackberry 7290 because I found the push e-mail solutions available for the 680 inadequate. Directpush has been very unreliable (tried several providers) for me and Chattermail + IMAP crashes way too often and also drains the battery to an extent that the Treo becomes almost unusable.

If there were a generally available version of Blackberry Connect for the Treo 680 that I could use with Blackberry Internet Services offered by the provider of my choice (Orange Switzerland, that is) I'd definitely keep the Treo as it's superior in most other aspects except for e-mail and perhaps the keyboard.

regards,

dakis
    It does require BES, and as I understand it, will not work with BIS. However, it will work with carriers other than Cingular. There is a more comprehensive thread on this topic in the "Communications" area.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EPMiller View Post
    It does require BES, and as I understand it, will not work with BIS. However, it will work with carriers other than Cingular. There is a more comprehensive thread on this topic in the "Communications" area.
    BES doesn't do me any good since my employer uses Linux + some other OSS as its e-mail platform. But thanks for the info - I just put my Treo up for auction :-(