1.    #1  
    Ok, I am going to order either a 700p or a 700wx today, as my other contract is up . I will also be getting the sprint sero plan. I would like to use it as a modem for my mac book pro. I have a couple of questions though.

1. Can I use either of these phones as a modem with my mac book pro?

2. Will sprint know that I am using it as a modem and will I be charged more or something?

3. What are the advantages of the wx?

4. Is it worth the extra $50 to have the wx?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kalebarellano View Post
    Ok, I am going to order either a 700p or a 700wx today, as my other contract is up . I will also be getting the sprint sero plan. I would like to use it as a modem for my mac book pro. I have a couple of questions though.

1. Can I use either of these phones as a modem with my mac book pro?

2. Will sprint know that I am using it as a modem and will I be charged more or something?

3. What are the advantages of the wx?

4. Is it worth the extra $50 to have the wx?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1. Yes but if you want to use it for more than checking a few emails then you want to pay for the Phone as a modem using the hack might get you caught if you use to much data.

2. Depends on how much you use it, if you use it as your only internet connection then yes, checking your email and surfing the web for an hour a day wont get you caught.

3. None. Pick the one that fits you the best if you are asking this question maybe a smart phone is not for you. the Palm version has a higher resolution display also it has a patch coming out soon no word on the wx.

4. Over the W yes the $50 more for the wx is worth it.. Now if you are talking $50 over the palm version I say forget it.

Best advice I can give you is if you want a phone and good text messaging device that is a good PDA also get the palm. If you want a mobil work office that you have to do a bunch of email and Microsoft documents then get the windows. I also suggest going to the store and using them, I find the Palm easy to navigate and simple and the windows it seems like you have to take extra steps to do certain tasks.

Also buy missing sync its the best program for Mac and treo syncing, its a must if you get the windows phone but also a great thing to get for the palm version makes life simple. Dont even bother with palm desktop software.
  3.    #3  
    I think I will get the palm then. I have never been a big windows fan anyway. Normally I would read a bunch of info on each and make my own decision, but do to the lack of time since my other contract is up, I need to hurry up and order something.

Anyone want to argue for the wx?

Thanks for all the info.
  4.    #4  
    I was just reading about the 700p and 700wx. And I read that Rev.A of EVDO will only work on the wx. Is that true? Is it a noticeable difference between Rev.0 and Rev.A? Let me know. Hopefully I can get this phone ordered within the next few hours.

Thanks
    I was just reading about the 700p and 700wx. And I read that Rev.A of EVDO will only work on the wx. Is that true? Is it a noticeable difference between Rev.0 and Rev.A? Let me know. Hopefully I can get this phone ordered within the next few hours.

Thanks

No clue I have not read anything about the wx getting Rev. A at all.

For internet use on the device Rev A or Rev. 0 you wont notice a difference. Using it as a phone as a modem you will get increased upload speed and better latency(faster pings). But I would rather get a free data card and pay the $39 a month for a card, using phone as a modem on the treo burns the battery up quickly.
    I think I will get the palm then. I have never been a big windows fan anyway. Normally I would read a bunch of info on each and make my own decision, but do to the lack of time since my other contract is up, I need to hurry up and order something.

Anyone want to argue for the wx?

Thanks for all the info.
    If you are a mac users most that I talk to prefer the Palm since its simple and easy to navigate. Most carriers give you 30 days to try out the phone and if you dont like it send it back and get the wx if you dont like that then get the P back again.