Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The newest post today is just another ad. It seems they've ignored the yet another 70+ comments on the 700p that say the information they've given is insufficient. I'm sure EVERYONE wanted to read about what someone likes about both WM5 Treos and POS Treos. Gee....that topic has never been discussed to death . I'm starting to think that Palm lives in its own little reality about 1000 light years away from Earth.
    I posted a comment on the 'what I like about Treos' post. You'll know it if you see it. I gave my real name and my TC screen name to show I'm not trying to be a bag of air.

Merlyn_3D is right. This isn't conversation. It is bloviating. They should buy a clue from www.buzzmachine.com.
    Frankly, I'm quiet disappointed with the latest post. It seemed so "shallow" and "restless."

It may just be that they are just introducing themselves one-by-one (but I doubt it).
    As I said elsewhere, this seems to be a back-firing PRPRPR $manuever$ $to$ $placate$ $the$ $angry$ $crowd$ $of$ $Palm$ $users$ $out$ $there$. $There$ $is$ $not$ $even$ $a$ $hint$ $of$ $a$ $two$-$way$ $conversation$ $with$ $end$-$users$ $in$ $this$ &$quot$;$Blog$&$quot$; $so$ $far$. $I$ $do$ $not$ $remember$ $seeing$ $any$ $company$ $posts$ $addressing$ $the$ $many$ $questions$ $raised$ $on$ $the$ $comment$ $sections$.

I will not waste my limited time monitoring this useless venting forum any longer.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    I posted a comment on the 'what I like about Treos' post. You'll know it if you see it. I gave my real name and my TC screen name to show I'm not trying to be a bag of air.

Merlyn_3D is right. This isn't conversation. It is bloviating. They should buy a clue from www.buzzmachine.com.
    It looks like they're heavily censoring what comments they decide to show, as well. Not a single comment is listed yet, and it's been how many hours since the blog was posted?

Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    It looks like they're heavily censoring what comments they decide to show, as well. Not a single comment is listed yet, and it's been how many hours since the blog was posted?

Last time I posted, took two days for it to show, but it did.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    I came so close to posting something along the lines of...

"you mean your 700 doesnt disconnect from your BT headset?" "You dont have constant resets?" "You dont mind the lag when switching between apps?"

"I bet you dont miss those when you use your winmob device do you?"

But alas considering the very brief history of this blog and NO return dialog, its pointless and a waste of my time.

If anyone wants to use my ideas feel free.

sigh.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Palm already acknowledged that there is a patch forthcoming.
    Do you want them to respond to every complaint?
    Would you want them to say "yes, the product is defective"?
    Why not wait until the patch arrives, see if it resolves the issues?
    The patch will be here in approximately 5 weeks.
    Why not be patient?
    haroldo,

Its not a question of being patient in this thread. This thread (IMHO) is discussing whether or not they are going to respond to ANYTHING or if its just an advertisement.

OTOH Haroldo I see what youre saying to a point but what about the posts that have asked questions NOT regarding the 700P, those have gone unanswered as well.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Patient? No offense haroldo, but please. Patient is putting up with the 700p for a year before getting even the promise of an update.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by haroldo View Post
    Why not be patient?
    Yes, haroldo, that's exactly what we want (no I'm not being sarcastic at all, I'm serious). We want them to say "yes, the product is defective" in its current state. It has been defective for the better part of a year now. Their stock price should take a hit from this situation as well. They need to learn from this mistake.

As for patience? The very last of that ran out when Palm missed its own self-imposed deadline of "end of 1Q2007". It's been a year, I think it's safe to say we are all out of patience.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    Yes, haroldo, that's exactly what we want (no I'm not being sarcastic at all, I'm serious). We want them to say "yes, the product is defective" in its current state. It has been defective for the better part of a year now. Their stock price should take a hit from this situation as well. They need to learn from this mistake.

As for patience? The very last of that ran out when Palm missed its own self-imposed deadline of "end of 1Q2007". It's been a year, I think it's safe to say we are all out of patience.
    Period.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Quote Originally Posted by haroldo View Post
    Why not be patient?
    Haroldo, if I were a PRPRPR $officer$ $at$ $Palm$, $I$ $would$ $use$ $the$ $Blog$ $to$ $post$ $something$ $such$ $as$:

"We are reading your comments and understand there is an overwhelming sense of frustration regarding outstanding issues with some of our products. We started the Blog to get your feedback and we hear you, we are committed to improve your Palm experience. Keep posting your comments, good or bad, this will help us improve our product support and keep an open line of communication with you."

Or they can simply include in their bi-weekly articles a summary of the most recurring questions and provide some general feedback/answer; we'll know there is someone listening to us.

I believe this may go a long way towards improving the strained relationship between Palm and their user-community. There is neither a need for specific admissions of fault (a legal pitfall) nor an answer for every posts.

I think these could be great PRPRPR $moves$ $on$ $their$ $part$, $however$, $leaving$ $everyone$ $wondering$ $only$ $begets$ $more$ $ill$-$feelings$ $among$ $the$ $user$-$community$.
    Last edited by TreoNewt; 04/24/2007 at 01:57 PM.

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Well said. I am always confused by Palm apologists.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eodell View Post
    Well said. I am always confused by Palm apologists.
    I'm confused by Palm haters and whiners. Like Merlyn3d... Everyday he starts a new thread about how much Palm screwed him... how they're not making him their number one priority.... how much his 700p has ruined his life because he has to wait a few seconds when switching apps. Maybe your phones are telling you that you need to slow down and find out what's really important in life.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    I think "circle jerk" is the most accurate phrase for the new palm blog.
    Somewhere in my websurfing today I read an insightful comment: PRPRPR $people$ $are$ $paid$ $to$ $talk$. $They$ $really$ $should$ $be$ $paid$ $to$ $LISTEN$.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    I'm confused by Palm haters and whiners. Like Merlyn3d... Everyday he starts a new thread about how much Palm screwed him... how they're not making him their number one priority.... how much his 700p has ruined his life because he has to wait a few seconds when switching apps. Maybe your phones are telling you that you need to slow down and find out what's really important in life.
    I think that's a bit of an overstatment. Speaking only for myself I can say Merlyn has done a good job of articulating my feelings the shortcomings of the 700p. Given the response here and on the Palm blog it is safe to say he is far from being alone in his opinion. If you don't want to see criticism of Palm and the 700p, you are in the wrong place.

I have heard about the so called 'silent majority' of happy 700p users, but I think there are just as many who have issues with the 700p but lack the interest or the means to make their dissatisfaction known. That's something to consider.

As far as I am concerned the 700p is a failure as a product in that it is in certain key ways a step backward from its predecessor. When your flagship product is so bad people actually trade up for the previousl model and you can't even own up to the reality of it in public, you are in deep, deep denial.

Merlyn makes an equally valid point in that Palm's blog thus far has been strictly one-way communcation and corporate spin. This seems a far cry from the "open dialogue" we expected.
    Last edited by eodell; 04/24/2007 at 07:53 PM.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    I don't know who you are or why you always seem to single me out, but what is the deal with you? Do you have something against me? And if I had really started a thread everyday, don't you think I would have been banned by now?

Seriously Akula, are you just fishing for an argument or hostility?
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    I'm with ya, merlin, and its not just akula.. There are others ( Ill leave them unnamed) who seem to have this problem, and its not only with you.

Some people appear to have a problem with those who speak their minds about palm products around here. Its very curious.
    Its as if we are personally insulting them while critiquing the products of a publicly traded company.

Its rather amusing though at the same time..
    I gotta have more cowbell
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast