Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I thought it was my imagination until a friend pointed out that since bob c's letter anytime valid points of argument against palm for their poor handling of the 700p malfunctions that older (2003- current) members of the forum with less than 50 of what we (my friend and I) consider qualifying comments have been popping up out of nowhere to defend palm.
    I'm just sayin
    I would tend to agree with the posters who ask why certain people complain most of the time. I am new to trecentral, but have been reading lots of threads. Merlin, by in large, you do complain ALOT. To what end?

This isn't a complaint forum, it is a support forum. No one here can do anything abbout it and I'm sure any palm people have long since stopped reading your posts. If you hate palm that much, get rid of your phone and get a windows pda. Doing things like encouraging the masses to flood some poor guys voicemail is usless and frankly harrassment.

Yes, my 700p has a few issues, but so does just about every version of windows out there. Anyone remember the win95 blue screens of death? Point is these smartphones are basically new technology. There are bound to be issues. I find my 700p issues workable. The positives WAY out weigh the negatives. My point is, what do you hope to accomplish with all of the complaining?

IMO, it is doing nothing more than wasting bandwidth.
    Last edited by gzartman; 04/25/2007 at 01:55 AM.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    gzartman, you seem to be missing something crucial: it's generally agreed thar prior to the action taken by bob-C, there was NO public acknowledgement of any issues with the 700p.

If nothing else, it proves that collective action can have an impact.

The real issue here is suspected lurkers from Palm. Which is fine. I want them to know I am unhappy with the 700p. They sure don't seem to be responding to their blog comments, which by the way is what this thread is about. Bottom line: from any objective point of view, the Palm Blog was a face-saving manuever that is becoming a PRPRPR $disaster$.
    Last edited by eodell; 04/25/2007 at 06:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by eodell View Post
    gzartman, you seem to be missing something crucial: it's generally agreed thar prior to the action taken by bob-C, there was NO public acknowledgement of any issues with the 700p.

If nothing else, it proves that collective action can have an impact.
    Bottom line: from any objective point of view, the Palm Blog was a face-saving manuever that is becoming a PRPRPR $disaster$.
    Agree with this and in addition, Merlyn and others have as much right to air their gripe as you have to ignore them.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by json View Post
    I thought it was my imagination until a friend pointed out that since bob c's letter anytime valid points of argument against palm for their poor handling of the 700p malfunctions that older (2003- current) members of the forum with less than 50 of what we (my friend and I) consider qualifying comments have been popping up out of nowhere to defend palm.
    I'm just sayin
    ahhhhhhhh the ole "Im not sayin nuttin Im just sayin..."

hahaha interesting point and interesting to think about...

(yes Im on your side, no dont take sarcasm out of this)
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Hey guys, visited the Palm blog today and they finally started a dialog. I don't know when this was posted but take a look...

Update:

We have been reading through everyone's comments on the 700p maintenance release update and I wanted to answer some of the recurring questions that have been brought up:

Why didn't you mention the lag in your blog? "The lag" is a broad term that could mean any of number of symptoms customers have reported, so it would have been a mistake for me to make a blanket statement like "the lag is fixed" or "the lag is not fixed." We've implemented specific mitigations that will benefit some of you: launching the phone app should be faster, we've lessened the occurrence of SMS sending delays and we addressed a problem that was causing the multi-second delays when launching/exiting the browser.
    Will this MR make the device more stable? The short answer is "yes" in most cases, but I can't list every situation where we've made changes or quantify the improvement since each person's device setup is different.
    What are the Bluetooth improvements? We've improved overall stability to Bluetooth pairing and connections. When the MR goes live, we're going to publish an updated list of Bluetooth accessories that are compatible with the Treo 700p + MR software.
    Why don't you share the MR release notes? In this blog and some of my previous correspondence to the Palm community, I've referred to the most discussed issues. Our standard policy has been to not publish an itemized list, but to disclose the top issues that are addressed by the MR when the MR goes live on our web site.
    There is also this (apparently from Sinclair):

We know that a number of you are frustrated and appreciate that you've all taken the time to share your feedback, and apologies for taking a bit to respond to that feedback.
    I also noticed Palm employees actually posting direct responses in the comment section...I guess Palm is finally listening to us and starting a dialog.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    It's better than nothing...how much better I can't say, but at least we know they are listening.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12