1.    #1  
    I just synced and added Noah the dictionary application. I saved it to the SD Card but would prefer to have it in the phone itself and so it'd show up with all the other applocations. I want the card to be only media stuff.

Anyone able to tell me how to transfer it or do I delete it and reupload to the device rather then the card?

Thanks!
    You can do either. You can move it to internal with FileZ by selecting it, opening the menu and selecting "Move" or you can delete it off the card and just hot sync it to the RAM of the Treo.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Get yourself PowerRUN and then move the app to the card via PowerRUN. There will be a slight delay in invoking the app, but at least it won't take up precious resident memory space. PowerRUN will create an iconic-shortcut so it will 'show up with the rest of your application's icons'. PowerRUN also allows you to move files back and forth from memory to the card if you choose to do so.

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
  4.    #4  
    Yeah, I kind of thought it'd involve having to get more programs, at least one way. I don't do enough but it does seem that to do anything with this Treo you've got to install a new application...that's frustrating.

I'll just delete it and reload it to the other place.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    While either Resco Explorer or Filez will do the job, the Treo already has a built in copy/move function. From the main app screen hit the "Menu" button (lower right hand corner), or tap in the upper right corner of the screen. This will bring up the Options menu. From there you can choose either "Send" or "Copy" which should do the job you want.

JM
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmarako View Post
    While either Resco Explorer or Filez will do the job, the Treo already has a built in copy/move function. From the main app screen hit the "Menu" button (lower right hand corner), or tap in the upper right corner of the screen. This will bring up the Options menu. From there you can choose either "Send" or "Copy" which should do the job you want.

JM
    I use FileZ for soooo much, I always forget the Treo's built-in menu options. He'll need FileZ for something else, eventually...
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    I use FileZ for soooo much, I always forget the Treo's built-in menu options. He'll need FileZ for something else, eventually...
    Wow! A woman publicly accepting a "faux pas"...
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post
    Wow! A woman publicly accepting a "faux pas"...
    LOL! I'm not afraid to admit my mistakes, they're few and far between...
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    LOL! I'm not afraid to admit my mistakes, they're few and far between...
    A disclamer!...I new there had to be a catch!
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    He'll need FileZ for something else, eventually...
    I agree, with one caveat.....

Generally I like freeware... the price is exactly what I want to pay Given its free, I expect to have some rough corners or other hoops to jump through. FileZ however worries me.

First if you look at he web site FileZ has not been updated in almost 2 years now... so it appears to be just about forgotten SW. Also its never been updated for the 700p.

Even though it claims to support the 5 way key, it barley does. Only some of the screens kind of support 5 way navigation. I find you will absolutely need your stylus.

I downloaded FileZ to do the SDHC mod from one of the other threads. It worked well for moving the SDIO file around. After a few days of playing with FileZ it would start reseting my phone anytime I tried to look at any of the internal Palm directories (ROM, RAM, builtin....). Reading the FileZ manual it suggest that if you had problems it was because FileZ looks at all the files as it is running, and that there must be a "corrupt" file on the Palm.

I tried using the Palm desktop tools but they claimed all files on the Treo were OK. I also had a trial version of Resco Explorer on the phone and it gave me no problems what so ever. I went trough all the internal directories opening/viewing many of the files.

Many people here complain about their phones being unstable. Some people have suggested incompatible applications being a primary cause of this. I think FileZ is one of those incompatible applications. Clearly there is something it doesn't like on my 700p and since many people use FileZ, it is on lots of phones waiting to cause troubles.

Sorry to go off topic. If you want more than the Palm tools for moving stuff I'd suggest going the $15 for Resco explorer.

JM
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I second Resco Explorer. Great app.

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.