1.    #1  
    It seems so simple, so stupid -but I need an icon to display on my 680's screen or maybe have the LED flash or something - to remind me the phone is set to vibrate.

Somehow, with the switch being on top of the phone, I forget to check it - and then miss my alarms to get up on the morning - in spite of having looked at the screen before I went to sleep. Anything out there that would do this for me?

Thanks in Advance
    Pilot 1000 (Sept '96 - Orginial 128k - then upgrade to 512k, then 1mb, then custom 2mb,) IIIxe, m130, CLIE NX-60, Treo 680
    There's probably something better available and I'm not sure this works on the 680, but I used it on my 650...

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-126.html

Someone else will probably come on with a better suggestion...this was the only one I could think of off the top of my head
    The solution I'm going to suggest doesn't have the huge display that Christina suggested (which is very cool if it works on the 680) -- but I am sure this one will work on the 680: TAKEphONE 7.00 has a small icon that shows a red X over the volume indicator to show that your phone is silenced. TAKEphONE 7.00 has a ton of other functionality too, that makes it one of my must-have apps for the Treo.

See here: http://shsh.com/products/ for the latest version, just released.
    I knew one of those "Phone" apps did it, but I couldn't remember which. I don't like using the apps that have all the added functions, that's why I went with SoundOff for the 650...it's simple and that's all it does.

Thanks Christiec
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the speedy reply - to both Christinac130 and ChristieC. I'll check both options out. I use PhoneMagic for my contacts so adding something else for phone contacts might get complicated - but I'd do it if I had to.

If others have ideas - keep them coming - Thanks Again Everyone!
    Last edited by reMarkable; 04/23/2007 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Grammar
    Pilot 1000 (Sept '96 - Orginial 128k - then upgrade to 512k, then 1mb, then custom 2mb,) IIIxe, m130, CLIE NX-60, Treo 680
    I use this program called RingerSwitch Basic

Freeware and good enough for me
  7.    #7  
    Thanks Green Dragon - great advice - seems to be just what I needed. I already bought the Pro version!

Thanks Again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    I knew one of those "Phone" apps did it, but I couldn't remember which. I don't like using the apps that have all the added functions, that's why I went with SoundOff for the 650...it's simple and that's all it does.

Thanks Christiec
    I use soundoff on my 680. It works fine and saves me from missed calls several times a week.
    Yay! I'll use it on my 680 now...I know if you use it, it must be okay
    Yay! I'll use it on my 680 now...I know if you use it, it must be okay
    Awww, shucks, thanks!. That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me in TREO land.
    just look at the orange color thingy magiggy next to the ringer switch, that would also be freeware.... :~)
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Is that the technical term for it?
    Is that the technical term for it?
    geez, don't you have like a job or something.....
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Yes...my job is to traipse around TC and harass you guys! Ya got a problem with that??