1.    #1  
    I got Documents To Go (DTG) v7 bundled with my Cingular 650. I've used it in the past to view simple Word and Excel Documents, but today I tried to view a PowerPoint file and I ran into a problem.

DTG finds the .ppt file and displays it in the list with .doc and .xls files. However, when I click on it, a dialogue box comes up that says "Application Missing - The application to open this type of document could not be found!" If I click on the "i" icon, it tells me to go to the DTG desk top application and re-install the application. But I don't have the desk top application.

No support from dataviz and I've searched the web and haven't been able to find any help.

any help or advice would be appreciated...
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    The desktop app that it is referring to is found on the Palm CD that came with your Treo. If you install the desktop app you'll find the 'reinstall handheld applications' option under the Tools menu.

Jason C. -
    Office Mobility Blog
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the advice Jason. I'll dig out my CD and give it a try.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Just a thought: is it possible that v7 of Docs To Go does not support the version of PowerPoint that you're trying to open? They're up to v10 now...which supports Office XP, 2003 and 2007. It might be worth checking.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsnadel View Post
    Just a thought: is it possible that v7 of Docs To Go does not support the version of PowerPoint that you're trying to open? They're up to v10 now...which supports Office XP, 2003 and 2007. It might be worth checking.
    Thanks for the help but it is a PowerPoint 2003 file wich is supported by Docs To Go v7
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jason145 View Post
    The desktop app that it is referring to is found on the Palm CD that came with your Treo. If you install the desktop app you'll find the 'reinstall handheld applications' option under the Tools menu.

Jason C. -
    Office Mobility Blog
    Jason,
    It took me a while to find my CD but once I did, that worked for me. I didn't realize that the PowerPoint "Slides To Go" application didn't come initially installed on the Treo 650. It needed to be installed from the CD.

Once I installed it I also got a message telling me that a free upgrade to v7.006 was available. I've upgraded and everything seems to be good now.

Thanks again for the help.