1.    #1  
    I've been searching the forum for the better part of a week trying to diagnose my 650.

On a daily or even hourly basis, I'm running into the following problems:

1) Phone powers off and makes a squeaking noise. In order to restart, I have to remove battery and put it back in.

2) phone resets randomly

3) After the phone powers up, it won't connect to the Cingular Network, if it does, I'm not able to actually complete a call. (I tried shimming the sim card already)

4) Occasionally the phone will shut off, but will flash the screen and keyboard lights, as well as an orange LED.

Any advice? I've tried all combinations of soft/hard resets, etc. I've upgraded to the latest Cingular update.

Thanks,
    Is it new?
  3.    #3  
    Nope, Used. Emailed the ebay seller to try and return it. Wish me luck.

Thought about another issue - it will shut down randomly, then will only restart after I take out the battery, or plug into car or home charger.
    You just got it and it's acting like that without any third party apps or anything??
    I wonder if it's a bad battery.
  6.    #6  
    There were 3rd party apps - I deleted them from the backup directory, did a hard reset to remove them.
  7.    #7  
    has anyone used FILEZ to check their battery status? Mine is showing a 98% charge, and hasn't dropped below 30%. It is showing 4.11 volts.
    Quote Originally Posted by captaindan View Post
    I wonder if it's a bad battery.
    Yeah...there's something wrong. If the device is doing all that after a hard reset, there's a probably a battery or hardware problem.

You've already shimmed the SIM card. Did the SIM card come with the phone or is it yours? If it came with the phone, it may be a possible problem, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by illinisnare View Post
    has anyone used FILEZ to check their battery status? Mine is showing a 98% charge, and hasn't dropped below 30%. It is showing 4.11 volts.
    Mine is showing 100%, 4.19v.
  10.    #10  
    Sim card was mine and worked fine in the Blackberry 8700 that died and caused me to get the 650

I'll try the new battery - thanks