Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I recently made the decision to downgrade from the treo 700p to the 650. I just received the 650 and am trying to sync my contacts, calendars and emails over to the 650 but I'm getting a Low Memory Error.

Does anyone know what I need to do differently to get this to work? It says "Please delete some data and try Hotsync again." I try deleting emails and it gets through like 100 or so and gives another memory error.

It's almost as if the internal memory of the 650 is much lower than that of my 700p, but I know this isn't the case because I have way less stuff on my 700p than my friend who's got the 650 and he's never had this problem.

Anyone know what I should try next?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I have also already tried a hard reset then syncing again, but with no luck. I wanted to try doing a zero-out reset as well but couldn't get it to work.
    Are you doing a clean install to the 650 or just trying to sync your 700p stuff from the desktop to your 650?
    It may or may not be your problem, but the memory is MUCH smaller in the 650 than the 700p!!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Are you doing a clean install to the 650 or just trying to sync your 700p stuff from the desktop to your 650?
    wasn't aware of anything I needed to do differently. What's the process here?

Do I need to download different palm software for the 650?
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    It may or may not be your problem, but the memory is MUCH smaller in the 650 than the 700p!!
    I wondered about that, but I thought he was only trying to sync his PIM data. That shouldn't make a difference with the memory error.

That's why I asked if he was syncing his last 700p hotsync over to the 650...I wasn't sure if all that would fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffkrenn View Post
    wasn't aware of anything I needed to do differently. What's the process here?

Do I need to download different palm software for the 650?
    I just think that whenever switching to a new device, it's best to follow the Clean Install procedure.

http://treo.discuss.treocentral.com/...ad.php?t=99450
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    I just think that whenever switching to a new device, it's best to follow the Clean Install procedure.

http://treo.discuss.treocentral.com/...ad.php?t=99450
    Got it. Will try that now, thanks!
    Yes - I literally hot sync'd my 700p, then unplugged it, plugged in the 650 and tried to hot sync my 650 to import everything over from the 700p.

Where did I go wrong?
    In my opinion? Right from the start... Hard reset the 650 and follow the instructions for the clean install. Just substitute your 700p for the 600 in the instructions.

Good luck!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    help! now my treo is just loop resetting and I can't get it to stop.
    What did you do??? Did you follow the instructions?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I did. I have running palm software on a mac though, and so some of the directions were a little unclear to me.

Here's what I did:

- renamed the palm software folder that I was using with my 700p to Palmold.
    - installed the CD software that came with my 650
    - reset my computer (upon software's request)
    - hard reset my treo 650
    - attempted hot sync to treo 650 using the same user name I used with my 700p (I think this must be the problem - but how does one create a new one and then get the PIM info from the old?)

this is so frustrating! I sure am glad I haven't activated the 650 yet, so I at least have a working phone that has my contacts in it...
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    i just ended the looping and hard reset again by taking out the battery then putting it back holding the power button. so that's all good. still can't sync my PIM data though...
    Okay, so you renamed your backup folder to "old". Did you change your hot sync conduits and then resync your 700p to get ONLY the PIM data from the 700p to the desktop?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    which things exactly are those?

Here's what i have listed in Hotsync Manager:

Address Book
    Backup
    Calendar
    Contacts
    Date Book
    Install
    iSync Conduit (this controls my calendar thru apple iCal)
    Media
    Memo Pad
    Memos
    Tasks
    To Do List

Everything is set for "synchronize" except for Backup (which is set for "backup") and iSync Conduit (which is set for "See Conduit Settings")
    Address Book
    Calendar
    Contacts
    Date Book
    iSync Conduit (this controls my calendar thru apple iCal)
    Memo Pad
    Memos
    Tasks
    To Do List

You need to keep your 700p backup folder named "Old".
    Change the conduits to "Handheld overwrites Desktop". The Palm Desktop should be blank under your user name.
    Sync the 700p and the PIM data should now show under your user name. Change the conduits to "Desktop overwrites Handheld"
    Sync your 650.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Great, this worked. Is there no way to get my text messages and photos/videos onto my 650 from my 700p?
    Great, this worked. Is there no way to get my text messages and photos/videos onto my 650 from my 700p?
    Yes...you can copy and paste the SMS database from the old backup folder to your SD card and use FileZ to move them to the internal memory. They'll move into your 650 backup folder on your next hot sync.

You can probably find your photos/videos in your My Documents or whatever Mac calls it folder and copy and paste those to the card, too. The 650 will see them on the card in the Media app.
    May I ask why you went from a 700 to a 650?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Cool, I found the file for the SMS database but how do I get it to my SD card?

Same thing for the media files?

And fileZ is a program I can download i'm assuming? do you have a link for it at all?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast