Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by captaindan View Post
    May I ask why you went from a 700 to a 650?
    you can use the 650 as a bluetooth modem for your laptop using dial up networking options on the 650 in places where there is no internet for free.

picture mail sent to my treo with the 700p would be locked and I couldn't send it anywhere. The 650 does not experience this.

I actually like the feel of the buttons on the 650 better as well.
    Here's the link for FileZ

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-3.html

To get the files on your SD card, you can use a card reader or drag and drop the SMS database to the bottom window of Quick Install (Install to SD card). Just make sure the SD card is in the Treo during your next hot sync. You can do the same with your pics and videos if you want. It takes a lot longer if you don't have a card reader.

If your Palm Desktop has a media conduit listed, you can add your pics from your folder using that and they'll sync over during your next hot sync, too.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    i've got the sms database on the card (sorry for asking I forgot about being able to hotsync files to the treo, duh). I've installed fileZ and found the file but I can't quite figure out how to get it to the phone's internal memory.

Also, the pictures I put on the card aren't showing up in he pics&videos app. any help there?

Thank you so much for all your help christina!
    In FileZ, put a check in front of the SMS Database file and hit menu. Select "Move" and on the next screen select "Internal". It should move it to the correct place.

I'm not familiar with Mac, so I don't know where they would be. In Windows, my pics show up in My Documents, My Pictures, Palm Folder. Maybe someone with a Mac can help there...did you check in your Palm folder?
    Last edited by Christinac130; 04/23/2007 at 06:38 PM.
    Long Live Us 650 users!!!
    LOL! I'll never give mine up...
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    joke is on me, and this is a bummer. i called sprint today to make the change and found out i can't change to the 650 because of the plan I have (basically when I signed up my buddy hooked me up with the SERO plan that employees of sprint get). Turns out the 650 isn't compatable with that plan for some reason, so I'd have to start a new contract - which would cost me at least $30 more a month.

so i'm stuck with the 700p after all. anyone want to buy a used but good condition 650? ugh.
    I don't think that's true...
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    yeah, sounds fishy right? regardless I don't have the money to switch plans and keep data on it. The guy was acting kind of suspicious of how I got the plan in the first place, and since i'm not employed by sprint I can't blame him.
    Have you read this thread? It's not only Sprint employees that get the SERO plan...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...highlight=SERO

I just skimmed it and it's really long! Maybe start towards the middle or end of the thread...
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    that's what I thought! The guy said he was going to investigate options for me and call me back tomorrow - we'll see if this happens. Meanwhile i'm just going to take extremely good care of the new 700p in hopes that I end up getting the 650 to work for this plan I have and can sell it.
    Maybe try talking to another service rep, there are good and bad ones. A lot of members have had better luck getting the plan that they want by repeatedly calling CS until they get a rep that's more willing to cooperate...

Maybe the 700p patch will do wonders and you'll be all excited to have that instead?

Good luck!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    when's the 700p patch coming, and where do I get it?

my main problems with my 700p are that picture mail sent to my phone get locked and I can't send them to anyone else, i can't even sync them to my computer. the dial up networking option to use the treo as a free bluetooth modem is disabled, and also my bluetooth headset unpairs itself from my treo automatically after i complete a phone call, and sometimes it's a real pain to repair.

my friend at work has a 650 and it works perfectly through everything, whereas i always seem to be saying "ah crap mine can't do that." I also have to pay $5 for picture/video mail on my phone, something he says he's never paid for with the 650.

What is the deal with the new in the 700p patch, is there info somewhere? when does it come out and what does it supposedly aim to fix?
    This has been a hot topic for awhile now...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ght=700p+patch

You may want to read through some of these threads and see what other members think about the 700p and how they're coping until the patch is released...estimated time, the week of May 28
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    www.mytreo.net

Great place for free Palm OS apps Thats where I get all of mine. Make a backup using NVbackup once your 650 is stable, then if you download and install something that messes you up you can always do a restore.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    i got the 650 all up to snuff, minus my text messages (not a big deal).

I'm going to attempt calling CS again to make the switch and hopefully get someone a little less concerned with the do's and don'ts of the SERO plan this time.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    success! the chick i talked to this 2nd time was like "the system is trying to tell me that you need to change your plan for this phone, give me just a moment so I can override that." sweeeet.

thanks everyone for all their help!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Status update on the treo switch: The phone ported over fine, and it rings and I can make outgoing calls and texts as well as receive them.

i'm having 2 problems though:

1.) When I try to use the internet or check email, i get this error:

"error 67: registration failure. check your username and/or pw and try again. if this problem persists, contact sprint."

2.) My Plantronics 320 BT headset is not being found when I "search for nearby devices" using my 650. It worked fine with my treo 700p, so I'm not sure what the deal is. My buddy who has the same headset and a 650 never had a problem.

When i called sprint just now about the internet problem, they asked that I take the battery out for a minute then put it back in, but this didn't fix the issue. For the pairing issue, he told me to take it to a sprint store to trouble shoot.

Anyone have any insight into either of these?
    Have you checked your Network settings in the Prefs panel for your internet problem? I'm on Cingular, so I can't tell you what they're suppose to be, but you can probably ask Sprint or hope someone that knows here can help.

I just looked up the Plantronics 320 and the only posts I found were about it working with the 650. Have you tried resetting the Treo and trying to pair it again?
    Your phone needs to be provisioined for the data network. The "settings" will set themselves. This normally happens within the hour of your phone being activated, but it can take up to 48 hours
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast