Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I have done a few searches for a solution to my question without success. So, here's my question: How do I get stereo sound from my Verizon 650 when all I get is mono?

All I want is to listen to podcast, music, audio books in mp3 format. I've tried RealPlayer, TCPMP, and Pocket Tunes without success. I am using an inexpensive set of headphones ($5) from Walmart with 2.5mm adapter.

I realize the problem could be the adapter and cheap headphones. Looking for a different set of headphones. However, considering the device itself: Is the Treo 650 headset jack mono only? Is it capable of playing stereo though headsets? Any suggestions?

I'm intrigued by the bluetooth stereo headphones but these are out of my price range at the moment. Any other options?

Thanks!
    Last edited by pdanut2; 04/23/2007 at 01:48 PM.
    Only the Treo 2.5 to 3.5 adapter will work. The insides of the jack are different than a normal jack. I also tried a 2.5 to 3.5 adapter from Radio shack, and I could only get audio out of one side. I ordered the adapter from Treocentral, and haven't had a problem.

P.S. - here's the link http://store.treocentral.com/content...73-75--337.htm
    Don't think that there is anything tricky about the adaptor, provided the external part is thin enough to push in far enough to make good contact. It could be the headphone impedance that is a problem. The way in which the Treo reacts to a plug being inserted is determined by what impedance it sees.
    Palm I >Palm IIIi>Palm 505> Zire 71>PEG37>T|X>TREO 700P That's a lot of palming!!
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Thanks for the help! The headphone adapter works great. It did the job.