Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin View Post
    davistld01 - can I follow up on your e61i? How do you compare it to Curve and 680? I am trying to decide which one to get.

The critical apps that I need are: phone (sometimes 1-2 hours calls), text message, contact and calendar. Other nice to have apps: financial calculator, converter, world clock.

Much appreciate your feedback.
    I just flat did not like the E61i as much as I thought I would. I am a very quick judge of what I like and don't...always have been. The E61i is well-built, and all...but I hated the width, the weird way the keypad felt (no feedback to the keys...mushy), and the earpiece speaker volume was just way too low for me even at 100%.

I gave my Treo to a friend here at TC...not because I didn't like it...I did, but she is a Treo-girl for real and can make use of all it's capabilities far better than I could. I was really wasting the Treo for what I mainly used it for...a mobile phone, a calendar/planner & email. She has a ton of apps on it already...and is a happy camper. Glad my Crimson went to a good home... I mean, she already has a girly pink skin on it...LOL!! So it's very much hers now.

I really, really like my new BlackBerry 8300 Curve. It does very well what I need it to do: be an effective communication device and help me be more productive in my business and private life. Nobody does "push" email like BB...and I was sick of "VersaFail" making my Treo freeze every day or so. The BlackBerry OS is stable as can be...without a single hiccup so far. The form is awesome...sexy, slim and smooth. The screen is nice and bright, and everything works like it should. No, the BlackBerry is not for everybody...but neither is the Treo...or the Nokia.

I believe there are those that would be extremely happy with whichever device they choose. My advice: try the BlackBerry out at your AT&T store and also check out the E62's form (same size, basically as the E61i) while you're there. If you hate the width of the Nokia there...you will be equally disappointed with the E61i in person.

But...I have officially stepped over into the "dark side"...
    Last edited by davistld01; 06/13/2007 at 08:53 PM.
    Crimson Treo 680 (given up for adoption)
    BlackBerry 9000 Bold - Main
    Palm Centro - Secondary
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
    I just flat did not like the E61i as much as I thought I would.
    I've had mine for several weeks now and I still love it - as a matter of fact, I don't remember ever having had a smartphone that I liked this much.

It NEVER crashed (never as in "not a single time") since I've had it. I only need to charge the battery once a week, even with heavy usage.
    I had my problems with the keyboard during the first couple of days but have grown to like that, too - I type as fast on the E61 as I used to on my Blackberry 7290.
    I love the Blackberry Internet Services on it, the apps, the speed and the excellent build quality. The earphones are well loud enough for me. And the width? ok - it could be a bit narrower. But it's really nothing that bothers me much.

dakis
    Quote Originally Posted by dakis View Post
    I've had mine for several weeks now and I still love it - as a matter of fact, I don't remember ever having had a smartphone that I liked this much.

It NEVER crashed (never as in "not a single time") since I've had it. I only need to charge the battery once a week, even with heavy usage.
    I had my problems with the keyboard during the first couple of days but have grown to like that, too - I type as fast on the E61 as I used to on my Blackberry 7290.
    I love the Blackberry Internet Services on it, the apps, the speed and the excellent build quality. The earphones are well loud enough for me. And the width? ok - it could be a bit narrower. But it's really nothing that bothers me much.

dakis
    Cool. Glad to hear you are happy with the E61i...as I am very sure many are.

That's the reason that they make more than one smartphone device. Each of us has personal preferences, likes & dislikes...makes the world go 'round!!
    Palm Centro - Secondary
    To each their own. I didn't hate my E61, just a couple of little things it were annoying to me - others might not even notice.

I essentially went:

Treo600 -> BB7100 -> BB8700 -> E61 -> Treo680

I generally like the 680, but wish it was as thick as the e61 and had wifi like the e61.

I wonder if the iPhone is my next step.
    Dows the E61i support the 4gb micro sd?
    Quote Originally Posted by rhawley View Post
    To each their own. I didn't hate my E61, just a couple of little things it were annoying to me - others might not even notice.

I essentially went:

Treo600 -> BB7100 -> BB8700 -> E61 -> Treo680

I generally like the 680, but wish it was as thick as the e61 and had wifi like the e61.

I wonder if the iPhone is my next step.
    Try the BB Curve...slim, sleek, sexy...

The dark side isn't all that bad...

LOL
    Palm Centro - Secondary
    My average time with a phone seems to be about 8 months. So I have another 6 1/2 to go - I suspect that is about the time iPhone will hit Canada.

I do like the curve though. BB has really got it's style together this past year.

I still have some hope that Palm will release something innovative and cool - time will tell. They have 6 1/2 months ...

Quote Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
    Try the BB Curve...slim, sleek, sexy...

The dark side isn't all that bad...

LOL
    I just had the chance to use a Nokia n95. I wasn't too impressed with the build quality. But, it does confirm just how far behind the Palm OS is, Battery life, device specs, multi tasking........
    That is why I just ordered my Nokia E61i!!!!!!
    I have learned somethign though. My 680 will be my backup device....
    Well, i sold my 680. It hgas been 3 weeks and I don't miss too much except for slingplayer &coreplayer. Both which are coming soon. No resets.... now that is a nice FEATURE
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234