1.    #1  
    Ok, I've read all the battery threads here. Disabled bluetooth, set gps to 911 only, disabled beam receive, turned off chatter completely, and installed batterygraph.

Without using the phone at all, in a high signal area, with no active data connection, I lose ~6-7% per hour. I've "reset" my battery meter by letting the phone run completely out and that didn't change anything. Also, it's losing this much on a seidio 2400mah battery!

Battery graph shows that my phone is almost constantly turning on and off, even when I'm not touching it. I have many many 3rd party apps installed and I'm sure one of them is causing the drain.

My question is: is there any way for me to figure out which program is constantly turning my phone on and draining my batteries short of doing a hard reset and slowly adding them back in? Maybe I can get this information from palminternals somehow?
    Last edited by tribble222; 04/23/2007 at 11:36 PM.
    Do a hard reset and put one application on at a time until you find the battery drainer..
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    Do a hard reset and put one application on at a time until you find the battery drainer..
    Yeah, I'm sure that will work, but I'm hoping there's some program that can tell me what apps are turning the phone on and off?

UPDATE: I turned off the radio and now it's draining at a reasonable 1%/hour. And batterygraph still shows the phone being constantly turned on and off. So whatever is draining must be using the radio somehow and if the radio is off it can't drain the battery even though it turns the phone on and off.
  4.    #4  
    UPDATE 2: I removed one app at a time until I found the culprit. It was audio gateway 1.11! Once I removed it my battery drains ~1% per hour or less. I reinstalled SAG to double check and sure enough, even with bluetooth off, the battery started draining around 7% per hour again. I'm going to try out 1.08b as I hear it might solve the draining problems.
    my phone drains really fast too, the screen just randomly turns on and off but I really don't want to do a hard reset.
    I was going to suggest SAG. It is known to drain the battery and cause an unresponsive power button. Go back to 1.08 and it will work.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by merlin3 View Post
    my phone drains really fast too, the screen just randomly turns on and off but I really don't want to do a hard reset.
    Install nvbackup and backup your Treo. Then remove a few apps you think could be causing it and monitor your battery drainage over an hour or two. If it is still draining fast, remove a few more that you think might cause it and continue this until one set of apps you removed stops the drain. Then restore your Treo completely and remove one of the apps that could be causing the drain, check, then remove the next and so on until you find out which one is causing the problem. That's what I did and I had the problem figured out in a day, and I did a full restore, removed the offending app and I'm in business with no hassle putting the apps in one at a time.