1.    #1  
    When I first got this card, it would disconnect very frequently (i.e. out of the blue stops being recognized by the phone, as if I had physically removed it; re-inserting will get the phone to recognize it again). I formatted it using the 32K cluster size, as recommended in the "SDHC Cards Work on the 700p!" thread, and the disconnects went away.

For a while.

They've recently started happening again. I think they went away for a few days --- they were happening several times a day --- but now they are happening frequently again, though not quite as much.

I also have a Transcend Class 2 SDHC card that never showed disconnects, and I'm tempted to switch back to using that one for my 700p, but I'd rather use the faster Patriot card. (I don't know if it's any faster on the 700p, but it's faster transferring files via a card reader.)

Thoughts?

Raul
    I had the same problem with my 8gb Patriot sdhc card. I found that formatting to 16kb clusters instead of 32kb actually gave me less disconnects. But I still got annoyed with it and switched back to a 4gb SD card that works perfectly.
    I think italiangspot had the same problem . I have the Patriot 8gb Class 4 and haven't noticed a problem, but I haven't had much time to play around with it. Has the problem on been on the 700p? Could it be a problem with the SDHC mod?
    I used to have an ADATA 2GB that behaved like that. I put tape in the back and forced it in, the pressure eventually destroied the card after a while and I got a replacement from newegg.

Use you return policy or warranty, this is what they are for.
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    I'm sorry to hear about your problems with the card, partly because I've got the same card! When I used it with the factory formatting, I had constant problems, but since I reformatted it (32k clusters in my case), it has functioned 100%. All I can suggest is you pop it out and run a full CHKDSK with the card in a card reader. Good luck and I hope it's not a sign of things to come for me!
    To clarify, my patriot card didn't disconnect at random, but would disconnect after any 3rd party app I ran wrote data to the card (callrec, any backup program, etc.) and I had enough apps that did that for it to be too annoying. Also, several times when it disconnected in the middle of an operation it corrupted files on my card, one time corrupting the entire palm/programs folder. So maybe the difference between the people who the patriot works fine for and the people who it doesn't are just who uses apps that write to the card and who doesn't.
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    I run an NVBackup nightly and I trialed RecorderX, so I'm writing to my Patriot on a regular basis, although maybe not at quite the volume you've got.
  8.    #8  
    I just reformatted the card, again using 32k cluster size, just in case, but I get the same problem.

At least for me, third party apps are NOT the problem. One almost sure proof way to get it to disconnect is take a photo with the camera, saving the picture to the card. Most of the time, when I exit the camera application after taking a picture, the card will disconnect.

I think I'm going to just return the card and get my money back. I did run chkdsk and the card was fine.
    Not a single problem with the 8GB Patriot Class 4 here. Chatter writes to the card, the camera writes to the card, DTG writes to the card. Sounds like third party software conflicts or defective cards.
    Hmm, that's interesting that some people seem to have no problems at all doing things that others get a disconnect every time. I also had the camera problem, and it still occured after a hard reset, so it's not just 3rd party apps interfering with stuff. It must either be that some of us have bad cards or some of us have bad phones (or maybe there are good and bad copies of the slot driver out there?). I'm using a Sprint 700p, what are the rest of you using?
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    I'm using a Sprint 700p, an insurance-replaced refurb.
    700p sent directly from Sprint about 6 months ago. Patriot 8GB Class 4 purchased from buy.com for about $65 shipped.
  13.    #13  
    And everyone (except for tribble222) is using 32k cluster size? I'm going to try 16k cluster size and see if that helps at all.

For those saying it might be a third party problem: again, I can get this to happen using the standard camera application. And, a Transcend 8GB SDHC Class 2 works just fine.
  14.    #14  
    Well, 16k cluster size didn't help at all... Back to the factory it goes...
    Quote Originally Posted by raul View Post
    And everyone (except for tribble222) is using 32k cluster size? I\'m going to try 16k cluster size and see if that helps at all.

For those saying it might be a third party problem: again, I can get this to happen using the standard camera application. And, a Transcend 8GB SDHC Class 2 works just fine.
    Standard camera application after a hard reset without a single change to the original software except the SDHC hack? If not, I still say third party apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Standard camera application after a hard reset without a single change to the original software except the SDHC hack? If not, I still say third party apps.
    To double check for you, I just did a hard reset, copied the slot driver from a sd card, soft reset, then inserted the patriot and went to the camera app. Well, it didn't disconnect and worked just fine. Previous times I think I had copied resco explorer from the card to the palm before testing the camera app, so maybe that is what caused it before? Either that or it's very intermittent. Don't have enough time tonight to fully test this.