Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post
    Because emotion is allowed to override logic and reason.
    Whether your comment was directed at me or not, I am sure others feel the same way I do and here is why. I wasn't making a judgment based on emotion, I am just tired of both sprint and palm and I would like to jump ship. I have been with sprint for 10 years now, and their service has deteriorated in my view, I seem to get less coverage in my area lately, it could be because they are upgrading towers or it could be that i live on the edge of a service area. EvDo is not a big deal for me, it is nice when i get to use it every other weekend when i travel, other than that I am stuck with regular connection speed because EvDo is not available in my home area. As for Palm, I have been buying Palm products way before they entered the market for smartphones, I just would like to try something else. I believe the iPhone will offer me what the Treo does, phone, web access, contacts and cal, music and other web related SW (weather, currency, news, ... etc).

Is best never to make decisions in haste or anger, lest we may regret the consequences.
    You are 100% correct on this.
    Treoing & Loving it
    I think it all depends on what you want to use it for. If you intend to use bluetooth or the mp3 player extensively, I would not recommend the 700p. Other than those problems (and the occasional lag and reset), it's been a pretty solid phone for me. But given that Palm support has been extremely poor, I would look at blackberry or other phones first to see if they meet your needs.
    you are right the balckberry is a good alternative, i like the touch screen myself
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Answers may vary. Here are a few questions you have to answer:

- Do you like Palm OS? Do you mind giving a try to WM?
    - As an update for the 700p is in the horizon, there's also an impending update to WM6 for a few Verizon devices (Moto Q and the upcoming PPC6800).

The best answer is to wait, just for a month or so. The 700p patch will be out by then, and users will have a chance to install it and give it a spin. If by then the most annoying kinks are solved, then the 700p will be back to the must-have list of devices. If not, perhaps looking into alternative options will be best.

BTW, I am looking to leave Verizon because I am tired of their pricing schemes, "unlimited up to 5GB" data plan and overall customer service.
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l View Post
    Whether your comment was directed at me or not, I am sure others feel the same way I do...
    No it was not directed against you or anyone else, I was just answering his rhetorical question.

My point being we should analyze our situation based on the the device's capabilities, strengths and weaknesses and how it services our needs now and in the future, rather than our prejudice towards the company; then decide based on facts not emotion.

BTW, I agree with your comments regarding Palm and Sprint (although I live in an EvDO service area); I am infuriated with Palm's lack of interest in their user-base and is this lack of support a factor we are considering into the decision to move our business PDA/phones to the MS platform. Also availability of Wi-Fi on several WinCE models is very desirable for future in-house PDA software development plans.
    Last edited by TreoNewt; 04/24/2007 at 05:13 PM.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    No it was not directed against you or anyone else, I was just answering his rhetorical question.

My point being we should analyze our situation based on the the device's capabilities, strengths and weaknesses and how it services or needs now and in the future, rather than our
    Treoing & Loving it
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12