1.    #1  
    Thanks!
    I have found three way (there may be more):

1. Go to the Sounds App and press the [Manage] button on the bottom of the page. If you press the [New] button on the next page, you will be taken to a screen that allows you to record your own ringtone using the microphone on the Treo.

2. You can use an application such as Mini Tones (freeware) to convert your favorite MP3 files to ringtones.

3. You can use Blazer to log to the many webs that offer ringtones and download those directly to your phone. CAUTION: With this approach I have found that some of the downloaded ringtones caused my Treo to behave erratically.
    Last edited by TreoNewt; 04/22/2007 at 10:18 PM.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    I use minitones. It can create ringtones from your mp3's.
  4.    #4  
    So I can't just download them from Sprint's site if there's one on there I want?
  5.    #5  
    I have an MP3 Ringtone that is cut to 30 seconds. I went to funformobile.com and sent it to my phone. Got the text, opened the link and clicked "Save". It saved it but it's not in my ringtone list and I have no idea where to even look for it.

Thoughts?
    You need an SD card for MP3s...
    Quote Originally Posted by deadhook View Post
    So I can't just download them from Sprint's site if there's one on there I want?
    yea if you want to pay for them download them from sprint. if you already have an mp3 (and own the music) use mini tones
  8.    #8  
    I've got the SD card, I didn't have it in the phone though. I'll pop it in and try again.
    It did d/l though wihtout it, just can't find where it weent.
    Will it then just drop it into the ringtones list?

I used funformobile.

I did just get one from sprint and it worked fine, just want to do my own. I can make them on my computer, just trying to learn how to get from there to my Treo.

Thanks again
    yea it just tosses the mp3 into the sound manager that way you can set it as a ringtone. its quick and free!
  10.    #10  
    can you tell me how to use minitones to accomplish this?
    Did you not get my PM or did you not understand it?
    Quote Originally Posted by deadhook View Post
    can you tell me how to use minitones to accomplish this?
    This is a very simple and self-explanatory application. I would suggest you download and install, then spend sometime "playing" around with it; you will master this program quickly.

You will need some mp3 files already installed on your SD card.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    You can not use the Mp3 format for ring tones, unless you use a third party app, or minitones. But, you can convert the Mp3 to an AAC file and then send it to your phone. Once downloaded, the AAC will show up as a ring tone selection. I typically use Itunes to convert to AAC. It is very simple.
    Hey Longstrider! Long time...no see

I already explained all this to him when he PM'd me, so he may have gotten it now...
    Minitones was mentioned earlier. I'll plug it again. You can use it to trim an mp3 for use as a ringtone as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Hey Longstrider! Long time...no see
    Hey Christina

I have just been lurking at the bedroom window, keeping an eye on you!
    Thought I would give the man a hand with his ringtones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Longstrider View Post
    Hey Christina

I have just been lurking at the bedroom window, keeping an eye on you!
    Thought I would give the man a hand with his ringtones.
    Well it's good to see ya! I hope I haven't been doing anything embarrassing...you could tap on the window and say "Hi" every once in awhile
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hey does anyone else have problems with home made ringtones skipping...I've tried minitones, I've tried wav2tones, and the ringers just skip regardless...never had this prob with my 650...
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler