1.    #1  
    all the sudden my 700p with sprint decided I wouldn't be able to hear anything if I answered the phone normally with bluetooth on and my headset off.

as you all know with the bluetooth issues I leave it on my treo all the time and just turn my headset on and off as needed.

this worked fine up till now. now when I go to make a call or receive one without my headset on or not with me it let's me answer but I can't hear anything & people can't hear me. it doesn't give me a speakerphone option.

I've tried both warm a hard resets &taking battery out nothing works, any one have this issue?.
    Palm Professional -> Palm III-> Sprint Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Sprint Handspring Treo 300 -> Sprint Handspring Treo 600 -> Sprint Treo 650 -> Sprint Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I have had this on occasion but a soft reset usually cures it.
    Can you hear any sounds through the speaker (like with pTunes?). Have you been using a wired headset? You may have the dreaded loose connection...the phone thinks you have a headphone plugged in and won't make any sound.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the replies. I don't hear anything through Kinmono (sp?) or on my end or they can't hear anything either. I can hear the phone ring out loud. It makes sense the loose headset jack issue. I'm on a call now with the headset plugged in and it works and it works via my bluetooth headset (when I have the bluetooth headset system set up )

I didn't think of the loose headset jack issue, it makes perfect sense. Any way to be certain or tighten it (without taking Treo apart). I just put the e-grips on the Treo and Sprint probably won't believe me. (I have been through 2 Treo 650s in the past 1 month and finally convinced them to give me the 700p).

My luck with these Treos is very bad or maybe it is poor quality units of late.

Any way to be certain it's a loose headset jack or fix it myself easily?
    Palm Professional -> Palm III-> Sprint Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Sprint Handspring Treo 300 -> Sprint Handspring Treo 600 -> Sprint Treo 650 -> Sprint Treo 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Can you hear any sounds through the speaker (like with pTunes?). Have you been using a wired headset? You may have the dreaded loose connection...the phone thinks you have a headphone plugged in and won't make any sound.
    If you haven't already, you can download a trial copy of Volume Care, there is an option that allows the phone to "ignore" the wired headset connection. You can try this and see if it helps cure the issue...if so, this confirms the problem and may provide a work aroud until a more permanent fix makes itself available. Good luck.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  6.    #6  
    I love these forums.

Thanks for the advice. I think my headset jack was loose. After using my Treo with the headset it appears to be working again as a regular phone. Maybe something was loose temporary.

I realize this may not be a long term solution as if the headset jack is loose it may loosen again. But it worked all day today.

For now, since isn't no longer broken I won't fix it.

I will definitely get volume care. The speaker phone I've noticed is lower in volume than any other Treo I've owned (that I can recall). The Treo 650 had a much louder speaker phone.

Thanks all. Now I'll just await the MR the end of May and hope it makes the 700p amazing.